Lowery Already Entering The Spotlight

MagicBizkit87

I think you're getting ahead of yourself. Let the season play out first. Then we'll see what we need.

Agreed. Let the pro and COLLEGE season play out. There may not be a Safety worth taking at wherever we draft our first pick.

Lets talk about the offseason closer to the end of the season (which will hopefully not be soon).

I think you're getting ahead of yourself. Let the season play out first. Then we'll see what we need.

Well, that goes for FS too. Can't say we should draft an FS but say we shouldn't draft for O this early on.

This O needs to get better, I think it is still pretty weak. TJ is not very good, Leon is barely used, and nobody else is really a gamebreaker. Our best player is a 40 year old QB who won't be here much longer. I'm hoping we gell and Coles-Cotchery-Keller develop into more potent targets, especially Cotch and Keller since I think Coles has pretty much reached his potential already and won't get much better.

I still don't really understand why Leon is used so sparingly. I'd think we want him to touch the ball 10-15 times a game at least.

Well, that goes for FS too. Can't say we should draft an FS but say we shouldn't draft for O this early on.

This O needs to get better, I think it is still pretty weak. TJ is not very good, Leon is barely used, and nobody else is really a gamebreaker. Our best player is a 40 year old QB who won't be here much longer. I'm hoping we gell and Coles-Cotchery-Keller develop into more potent targets, especially Cotch and Keller since I think Coles has pretty much reached his potential already and won't get much better.

I still don't really understand why Leon is used so sparingly. I'd think we want him to touch the ball 10-15 times a game at least.

Leon Washington did get that many touches in week 1, according to the NFL site

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/boxscore?game_id=29532&displayPage=tab_box_score&season=2008&week=REG1&override=true

he had:

6 rushes

2 receptions

1 kickoff return

5 punt returns

That adds up to 14 for all you non-math wizzes out there. People keep saying they want 10-15 touches from him, but that's how many he gets. Now, maybe you think he should get more touches then he is getting, which I would agree with. It's just mildly frustrating when people demand he gets x number of touches when that's exactly how many he's getting.

agreed...for 2009 draft the best safety available to play opposite Rhodes and alongside of Revis, and Lowery for the next 5 years

The good news is that Rhodes and Lowery were both 4th rounders. The Jets need to continue to draft smart, that's all.

I suspect there will be higher priorities at RB, WR, OL, DE, and QB, than at safety next year. To have 3/4's of the secondary in such solid shape is a luxury unto itself.

agreed...for 2009 draft the best safety available to play opposite Rhodes and alongside of Revis, and Lowery for the next 5 years

this team seems to have decided that this is a position where they will go cheap. Fine: Pick a safety in next year's magical fourth round

Archived