If the draft were today....

Columbia Jet Fan

It takes 3 years to develop a WR. So you have to take one now no matter what. You can them in the second to fourth round, but you've gotta take one.

RB is also important since the CS doesn't want to use Leon and Jones sucks anyway. RB frequently takes 2 years to really develop.

Drafting is all about planning ahead. They've also gotta hope that Ratliff is the guy, as QBs will take awhile to develop too. Favre won't be here for more than another season at most. KC isn't going to be that player. If Ratliff is, we're set. If they're not sure about that, you gotta take QB with that first pick.

funny how in March I was saying gamebreaker... everyone was like "NO, we need Gholston"... NO, we didn't need Gholston. We need a game changer. We need someone who can stretch the field. Now at 6, Desean Jackson would have been way too early, but we could have dealt down. I know it takes 2 to tango on a deal, but you take a little under the draft chart and you move down. I'm not saying it had to be Jackson.. but it HAD to be a game changer..

funny how in March I was saying gamebreaker... everyone was like "NO, we need Gholston"... NO, we didn't need Gholston. We need a game changer. We need someone who can stretch the field. Now at 6, Desean Jackson would have been way too early, but we could have dealt down. I know it takes 2 to tango on a deal, but you take a little under the draft chart and you move down. I'm not saying it had to be Jackson.. but it HAD to be a game changer..

I was all for taking a back early. And by the looks of it, any of them would have been a good choice.

Felix Jones is sick.

I was all for taking a back early. And by the looks of it, any of them would have been a good choice.

Felix Jones is sick.

I honestly thing a WR would have been better for this team than a back, but I agree with what you're saying. Of course, we had Pennington during draft day, so all we would have heard was, "He can't throw it down field, why bother ..."...

I honestly thing a WR would have been better for this team than a back, but I agree with what you're saying. Of course, we had Pennington during draft day, so all we would have heard was, "He can't throw it down field, why bother ..."...

Jackson obviously looks nasty...but I dont think anyone was expecting this. Most thought he was Teddy Ginn light.

Wait till Gholston starts dominating.... Probably wont happen too much, if at all, this season. But when he gets his **** together, watch out. He's going to be great for us down the road.

Jackson obviously looks nasty...but I dont think anyone was expecting this. Most thought he was Teddy Ginn light.

A friend of mine was predicting it. He was really high on Jackson, Royal, Chris Johnson, Felix Jones, Jonathon Stewart and Matt Forte. He kept trying to get them in drafts, and you can get most of them pretty late, but still shows you he was expecting it.

WR?

I think we're doing pretty well there with Cotch and Stuckey. If Coles ever starts trying, our receiving corps will be the least of our worries.

We need a running back that can score a ****ing touchdown and a new coaching staff.

I agree. COnsidering theres only a few WR's that are actually "top tier" anyways. PLus I think keller is going to be good.

There were a ton of very good backs available early- all of whom we passed on.

I like Cotch and Stuckey, but it doesn't look to me like thay can run by anyone. Good possesion receivers.

I'll take anyone who is a threat anywhere on the field. They are in desperate need of someone who makes the safeties back off the LOS and who can draw double coverage to open up the field for others.

A strong arm means little if no one is ever open deep.

Archived