Bills extend Lee Evans...

SweetLee83

BTW Cotchery is not a Top 10 WR. Not even close.

But Calvin Johnson doesn't belong anywhere near that list. He's got great talent but hasn't done anything yet.

(In no order)

Steve Smith

Larry Fitzgerald

Anquan Bolden

Randy Moss

Terrell Owens

Andre Johnson

Plaxico Burress

Torry Holt

Chad Johnson

TJ Houshmanzadeh

Marques Colston

Braylon Edwards

Brandon Marshall

Laveranues Coles

Lee Evans

I'd say all of them are better than Jerricho Cotchery.

chad johnson is a #3 right now

cotchery > coles and evans (you on drugs??? pass the pipe here dawg)

randy moss is a bum at times, cotchery tries hard all the time atleast.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't get how Cotchery is better than Evans. He's had two good seasons ever. They've both been in the league the same amount of time, and Evans has had a very solid season every year. He has 19 more career TDs than Cotchery and over 2,000 more career yards.

Through their entire careers Evans has been far more consistent and productive.

I just don't get how Cotchery is better than Evans. He's had two good seasons ever. They've both been in the league the same amount of time, and Evans has had a very solid season every year. He has 19 more career TDs than Cotchery and over 2,000 more career yards.

because evans came into the league and was used right away he had 48 recpetions and 740 yards in year one, while cotchery was just getting use to the nfl with 19 receptions for 250 yards, buffalo needed evans as they had no receivers in 05-06, while the jets had the receivers an didnt need cotchery righ away.If cotchery was more involved they would have about the same stats that year, but in the nect year evans was more knowlegable having experience while in cotcherys second year he wasnt as knowledgable with less game experience and still put up great numbers that would have been better if he had more experience in theyear before. also evans has been the #1 in buffalo, Cotchery has been the #2 here.

If the jets didnt have coles in 06, 07, and now Cotcherys numbers would be a lot better. if evans was second behind coles, evans wouldnt be as productive.

Stats from this year. Evans- 4gp 14rec 332yards 23.7avg 1td 13first downs

Cotchery- 4gp 18rec 243yards 13.5avg 3td's 12firstdowns.

Yes evans has more yards and better average, but cotchery has more catches and more touchdowns. both of them are on the same scale, but cotchery is a #2, evans is a #1. if cotchery was in coles spot this year cotchery would have more yards, better avg, more catches, more everything. believe me if favre and coles didnt get hot, cotchery would be the guy, but hey the stats are very close between a #2 and #1.

Cotchery isn't better than Evans?

This is because Noodles was chucking him the ball

Otherwise, they are very similar. Equal players, probably have to give Evans the nod because of production

Also, Evans never had a WR like Coles taking passes away....Evans always has been the guy there. Cotch is very, VERY good, coming into his own

4 years, 37.5 mil, 18 million of it guaranteed. Per NFL Network.

Pretty nice to have your young LT, QB, RB and #1 WR, all of whom are established (Edwards getting very close to that) players, locked into place for the foreseeable future. Continuity with such great talent is how you build a tremendous offense that thrives for a while. The Bills are on their way as these guys continue to progress.

I'm not crowing. I just am thrilled with the direction the team and front office is going with things. Theres nothing wrong with being excited about the progress and success they've had so far.

how is it not crowing when a bills fans starts a thread on a jets board about "great talent" in a "tremendous offense" ?

c'mon dude

Cotchery is a good player, but pro-bowl and top 10 is ridiculous.

if he had cornrows and tats and was a pimadonna, he'd have a more national reputation

but he is just a hard working team player, so no press for j-co

watching him every week, with a real QB now, he'll turn heads and put up the numbers

And if you want to play this (could've been and what if stuff) the Jets could be 1-3 if Brett Favre didn't blindly throw the ball into the air and have it fall into the hands of Chansi Stuckey.

The same Mike Nugent that missed the what was it? 35 yard field goal? If Nugent is healthy you don't get the lucky 4th and 13, you kick the field goal and the score on that final Dolphins drive is 17-17; it would've gone to over time.

But I don't want to play the "if" game, it was you that started that.

And all you will prove is blind homerism for your team. You're two games behind the Bills and you have somehow put the positive spin on that to declare your team is better off than Buffalo. Weird.

Not only are you a troll..but you're really bad at it.

You should. Barring injury the Bills have already clinched the AFC East. I don't think they're an "elite" team yet, but are by far the best team in the division. There's a strong possibility the Bills are the only team in the East to finish over .500.

The first two lines of your sig are hilarious. :rl:

Those early years where Evans got such a jump start in stats over Cotchery is a direct result of Herm being too stupid to realize the talent he has in young players. Cotch would still be having those numbers if Herm was coaching us now, those seasons have nothing to do with his physical ability.

I'd say at this point in their respective careers both players are even. They've had pretty good stats for their age and with their QBs and O-Lines. If Herm realized the potential on his team earlier, those stats would be much closer to equal.

That was in response to 124's hypotheticals, genius. Try a little reading comprehension.

Speaking of hypotheticals, before you and 124 said anything to each other you said this:

You should. Barring injury the Bills have already clinched the AFC East. I don't think they're an "elite" team yet, but are by far the best team in the division. There's a strong possibility the Bills are the only team in the East to finish over .500.

Sounds like an "if, then" hypothetical statement to me. That's actually what started your hypothetical debate. Reading comprehension? Reread your posts before you go out insulting everyone.

Actually, I don't know why I bother arguing with you. You can tell the future so what's the point?

That was in response to 124's hypotheticals, genius. Try a little reading comprehension.

Whatever you say, Sally.

Hey...I'm not the one on an opposing team's MB talking up another team because mine sucks too bad to even mention.

You claimed IF Favre hadn't thrown to Stuckey, the Jets would be 1-3..which was BEFORE you claimed you don't play the "what if" game.

**** reading comprehension...you should stick to the basics troll.

Speaking of hypotheticals, before you and 124 said anything to each other you said this:

Sounds like an "if, then" hypothetical statement to me. That's actually what started your hypothetical debate. Reading comprehension? Reread your posts before you go out insulting everyone.

Actually, I don't know why I bother arguing with you. You can tell the future so what's the point?

Quite complaining about my prediction. Would you say the Patriots and Colts have locked up their divisions in the first month in the past? It happens, team's take command early on and no other competitor can rise to the challenge. That's the case this year because there is only one good football team in the AFC East.

because evans came into the league and was used right away he had 48 recpetions and 740 yards in year one, while cotchery was just getting use to the nfl with 19 receptions for 250 yards, buffalo needed evans as they had no receivers in 05-06, while the jets had the receivers an didnt need cotchery righ away.If cotchery was more involved they would have about the same stats that year, but in the nect year evans was more knowlegable having experience while in cotcherys second year he wasnt as knowledgable with less game experience and still put up great numbers that would have been better if he had more experience in theyear before. also evans has been the #1 in buffalo, Cotchery has been the #2 here.

If the jets didnt have coles in 06, 07, and now Cotcherys numbers would be a lot better. if evans was second behind coles, evans wouldnt be as productive.

Stats from this year. Evans- 4gp 14rec 332yards 23.7avg 1td 13first downs

Cotchery- 4gp 18rec 243yards 13.5avg 3td's 12firstdowns.

Yes evans has more yards and better average, but cotchery has more catches and more touchdowns. both of them are on the same scale, but cotchery is a #2, evans is a #1. if cotchery was in coles spot this year cotchery would have more yards, better avg, more catches, more everything. believe me if favre and coles didnt get hot, cotchery would be the guy, but hey the stats are very close between a #2 and #1.

That jumbled paragraph with awful grammar above is certainly alot of "ifs" and "would bes" just simple assumptions. The truth is, stats are stats and they are who they are. You can't assume everything like you did. Also there were plenty of useless excuses. I don't care if he wasn't ready or not used right, if a guy is good enough to be a #1 in the league, he is. It's as simple as that.

If Cotchery is such a good receiver, he would become the #1 guy and take over Coles for the number one job. You can't tell me Coles is so good, that hes not letting that happen.

how is it not crowing when a bills fans starts a thread on a jets board about "great talent" in a "tremendous offense" ?

c'mon dude

More of a potential tremendous offense as they have alot to prove. Sorry if this thread offends you.

Quite complaining about my prediction. Would you say the Patriots and Colts have locked up their divisions in the first month in the past? It happens, team's take command early on and no other competitor can rise to the challenge. That's the case this year because there is only one good football team in the AFC East.

The Colts & Pats have been AFC heavyweights for pretty much the entire decade. The Bills? Not so much.

The Bills don't play an AFCE game until October 26th. I wouldn't be handing them the division right now if I were you.

It's not a prediction when you make it out to be a fact. Patriots and Colts of years past were powerhouses, the Bills are a team on the rise. Not much to go by with that comparison, unless you're trying to imply the Bills are heading towards dynasty years.

The only problem with your whole "taking command" theory is the Bills haven't played a divisional rival yet and won't for another few weeks. It's too early to say who's taking command of any division until there are actual division games. How you can assume no competitor can rise to the challenge when they haven't had a chance yet to compete is beyond me.

Archived