the Cubbies are cursed

Blackout

Ever think that they just suck ?

sorry, very few 97 win teams get embarassed like this, AT HOME, in 2 games

bound to get swept game 3

the dodgers aren't even that deep a team, they have 1 superstar and a bunch of youngsters (furcal is great too)

their pitching is buiilt for the playoffs though, they dont walk and they got a nice fireballer in billingsley

Shame. Such high hopes for this team all through the year and going into the playoffs. To have a team this good tank like they are is just sad. And I honestly thought this team was going to make some noise in the playoffs.

Barring some huge change of fortune, chalk this up as another chapter in the long and torturous history of the Chicago Cubs.

I'm quite surprised the Cubs have played this poorly, eventhough we saw the exact same thing last year in the first round against Arizona.

They (and the fan base included) look like they still haven't gotten over 2003.

The Cubs look nervous and sloppy right now and that is a sure ticket out of the post season.

Never expected this. Not in their house and not with walks and errors as the culprit. Good lesson about just when I think I've seen everything...

John I feel for you guys-the playoffs started and the team is playing scared it seems.

John I feel for you guys-the playoffs started and the team is playing scared it seems.

Thanks Bro - I do appreciate your empathy. The Dempster implosion from Wednesday is somewhat understandable - he's not been a real good pitcher long enough for me to be amazed by that kind of collapse.

Last night's debacle coming immediately after the game 1's loss is what I can't understand or define. It wants to read out as no heart, but I'm not sure thats the case.

Manny's line against Harden: 3/11 1.5 OPS

3 of those hits were home runs.

That's right. All 3 of Manny's hits against Harden has been homeruns.

I called a Dodgers sweep before this matchup -- ManRam is multiplication by Addition (see: Ethier's numbers pre and post Manny)

I'm not ready to count the Cubs out just yet.

I learned my lesson watching the Sox in 04.

The Cubs like the Red Sox and the New York Rangers are going to have to do it the hard way. Face elimination dead in the face and laugh at it.

You saw it with the Rangers in Game 6 and 7 against the Devils and game 7 against Vancouver

You saw it with the Sox in the ALCS agains the Yanks in 04 and again in 07 against the Indians.

The Cubs have had it happen to them so many times, maybe it is time for them to start turning the tables.

I'm not ready to count the Cubs out just yet.

I learned my lesson watching the Sox in 04.

The Cubs like the Red Sox and the New York Rangers are going to have to do it the hard way. Face elimination dead in the face and laugh at it.

You saw it with the Rangers in Game 6 and 7 against the Devils and game 7 against Vancouver

You saw it with the Sox in the ALCS agains the Yanks in 04 and again in 07 against the Indians.

The Cubs have had it happen to them so many times, maybe it is time for them to start turning the tables.

I think you're right shawn - I've seen them put the same hurt on other teams and come back to lose it. Not where they had to win out of town to stay alive though. If they can play up to their capabilities and take the LA games - game 5 will be something.

Archived