State Your Case JN!!!

villain_the_foe

Why the Jets (on their own merit) will make it to the superbowl.

Well to start. A great reason would be Dustin Keller. Though Brett is on fire right now, alot of Brett's "get me out of trouble plan" has been Dustin Keller. outside of his one TD drop this kid is the "fix" to an opponents defense so far this season.

Getting to the point, the Jets are putting up some crazy offensive numbers, especially scoring wise, but the compliment to that is the fact that the Jets D is also not losing football games. We lost 3 games but there's only one "blowout" on that list and during that Chargers game we were still meshing as a team.

We seem to be able to score at will, and the Defense knows how not to make alot of games get to interesting.

Brett Favre seems to know the playbook about 95% now. We see a timing pass play go wrong here and there but its not like what it used to be. Oh, and Derelle Revis is a freak. In the top three best CB's in the league and if anyone says different they're not smoking weed, its crack. :character0264:

It seems like we've found our answer at the opposite safety spot in Elam and it seems like Kerry Rhodes had a late start to the season but is now coming around.

Our D-line is healthy and most of all Shawn Ellis has become a factor again after a year lay off, Pace is on Pace to being a Monster for us, Eric Barton is making plays everywhere and Bryan thomas is becoming a good part of our depth as a Defensive whole. We all see what Jenkins is doing to the League...Bill Chower on Thanksgiving on the CBS Post game report that he feels Jenkins is the Best Defensive player in the league right now.

On Offense we have Leon Washington showing his azz again off the bench for yet another year, Thomas Jones looks like he doesnt want to lose his job, Coles is catching balls again, Cotchery is making Verizon Wireless commercial catches on the field with his Arm & Ear catch (can you hear me now??) against the the Pats, we took alittle wildcat offense for Brad Smith, we got Stuckey coming up big and making some drive saving plays this year, Dustin Keller is the "fix" to the oppenents Defense....need I say more???

The Jets have a full deck of cards Ladies and Gents. Its not how you start off (2-2) but how you finish (13-3 and Superbowl Champs!) This team right now has to be the most complete team in the league outside of the damn Giants. I would put the steelers in this as well but their Defense is clearly better than their Offense. the Steelers lost and won very close games because the Offense cant really produce that many points consistently this year.

The Jets can really make it this year!

oh, and BIG SHOWOUT to my boy MIKE LOOOOOOWWWERRY! Though alot of people here have been getting on my boy, look at it like this. He's a fourth round pick with a future. He may have dropped two INT's in that Pats game but this kid overall can smell the football and the WR, but he doesnt stop on plays which makes him a WR's nightmare. How many forced fumbles has D-wight forced from WR's because he doesnt give up? He uses every second of every play to change things in his favor. Thats as great as having another Revis because players like lowery will begin to make plays in other ways which can help us maintain momentum or change it in our favor. He may not put up "stats" but in game situations, he can create and it'll mean more than any stat he could have put up. Im telling you, this kid is the future.

The AFC is wide open and we are the only team to beat the self described "best team in the AFC". By 21 points. At their house. And it could've been much worse.

Its as simple as the AFC being wide open and us having one of the best, if not the best, Nose Tackle in the game along with the man behind center and our explosive 1-2 punch at RB that gets to run behind a solid Offensive Line.

Hell, perhaps we should just call Canton and have this entire team enshrined in the Hall of Fame.

Christ already.

He is the guy to help if you wanted a miracle like that pulled off without having to sell your soul. Eric Smith and Mike Nugent in the hall of fame... lawlz.

oh, and BIG SHOWOUT to my boy MIKE LOOOOOOWWWERRY! Though alot of people here have been getting on my boy, look at it like this. He's a fourth round pick with a future. He may have dropped two INT's in that Pats game but this kid overall can smell the football and the WR, but he doesnt stop on plays which makes him a WR's nightmare. How many forced fumbles has D-wight forced from WR's because he doesnt give up? He uses every second of every play to change things in his favor. Thats as great as having another Revis because players like lowery will begin to make plays in other ways which can help us maintain momentum or change it in our favor. He may not put up "stats" but in game situations, he can create and it'll mean more than any stat he could have put up. Im telling you, this kid is the future.

That's a lot of love for your boy Mike Lowery...

Quick question...

Who's Mike Lowery?

We are IMO the most complete team in the AFC right now.

Pittsburgh, although great defensively have been offensively challenged for the most part of the season. Same could be said for the Titans.

The Colts, who are the team that scare me most, have a great offense which is finally clicking on all cylinders. They've been improving as the season develops and match up very vs our pass defense. That being said they along with Denver are the only teams in the AFC mix that I think we could run all over, The Colts are definitely vulnerable defensively.

The Pats who we very well could meet in the PO's are intriguing, they are getting hot and things are starting to click with Cassell at QB but I still think we have the beating of them. I don't want to see them again though.

We must stay focused. The tasks at hand are for the Jets to beat Denver and us fans to beat Peter King. If everyone does their job, things will work out for the best.

King picked us to romp the Broncos this week. Still he's a bandwagon jumper & a moron.

Archived