Don't fly Northwest!

Jetlag

As I'm sure many of you have heard Northwest Airline mechanics have gone on strike the past week. They've employed a SCAB union (IAM) to bring in barely trained and partially knowledged scabs to fix their aircrafts. There have already been many long delays and cancellations due to the idiocy of these scabs. (6 guys to change a tire??)

This subject is very personal to me, as my father, who's been a NW mechanic for close to 20 years is now on strike. Northwest's demands are incredibly ridiculous and many speculate that NW chairmen let this happen to break up a real union and bring in SCAB union they know they can control. This will not only affect NW mechanics but other airlines will use this as a basis to break up their unions. The safety of the customers who fly NWA is very uncertain. So I implore you not to fly NWA. Thanks!

~Rob Donigian (Jetlag)

Max and TS, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I wanted people to see it.

Seriously, thank you for posting this. I will probably be taking a plane trip next summer (my first ever plane ride), and I am really cautios of flying, so its good to know whats going on and which airlines to avoid. thanks

No problem. Flying is awesome, but only if you're sure that properly trained people were working and flying the plane.

Thanks Tabor.

I'm not a union worker, but I'll always avoid crossing a line when possible. Not sure if it's resolved yet, but the ticket sellers at the US Open were on strike. If that's still the case I'll miss my first tennis match in Flushing in about 10 years.

Now that Jet Blue flys out of Newark, my usual carrier, Continental is history.

I applaud you for posting this. It's important we look out for each other in times like these. I mean, I've been out of work for months and here you go and inform us of all these new job openings! Awesome. Anyone have any cheap tools for sale? I'll need a pair of squeezers, a pounder, one of them pointy screw-turner things and some ball bearings. I hear it's all ball-bearings now.

Anyone have any cheap tools for sale? I'll need a pair of squeezers, a pounder, one of them pointy screw-turner things and some ball bearings. I hear it's all ball-bearings now.

I think that sounds more educated then most of the replacement workers they have in place.

Jetlag, I refused to fly them BEFORE the strike, I sure as hell am not flying them now. :lol:

A fleet of majority Airbus aircraft.....I'll pass.

Try CRJ's

Northwest is the way to fly, great Airline!! If the mechanics aren't willing to take a cut, in this difficult time for the Airlines, F-em

Sorry Jetlag, I do wish the best for your father though.

Try CRJ's

Northwest is the way to fly, great Airline!! If the mechanics aren't willing to take a cut, in this difficult time for the Airlines, F-em

Sorry Jetlag, I do wish the best for your father though.

JonE, NWA wants the mechanics to cut 176 Million across the board, while they pay the scabs 100 million to replace them. Then they nearly want to cut all medical and after that's all said and done "MAYBE they'll have a job". This has little to do with trying to save the company and a lot to do with busting up the union.

If customers are willing to continue flying unsafe NWA airplanes and they are involved in an accident, well...F'em!

Needless to say I'm in a Police Union and we're the target of cuts every contract year. For the past 2 years my city has had a $5.1 and now $6.1 Million defecit respectively and it can be traced back to their mismanagement of funds. They wanted us to take a pay cut and our response was brilliant:

"You don't come around and give us raises when times are good, so why whould we take a cut when times are bad?"

We told the city to kiss our ass and made 'concessions' that didn't take money directly out of our pockets. Of course, our contract is up next year and the BS has already started.

Years ago, these cities like mine were rolling around in cash and in my city's case, they chose NOT to deposit money into what was then a 170% funded pension fund. All of a sudden 5 years of not doing that caught up to them in rough times and it's our problem? Nope.

Needless to say I'm in a Police Union and we're the target of cuts every contract year. For the past 2 years my city has had a $5.1 and now $6.1 Million defecit respectively and it can be traced back to their mismanagement of funds. They wanted us to take a pay cut and our response was brilliant:

"You don't come around and give us raises when times are good, so why whould we take a cut when times are bad?"

We told the city to kiss our a$$ and made 'concessions' that didn't take money directly out of our pockets. Of course, our contract is up next year and the BS has already started.

Years ago, these cities like mine were rolling around in cash and in my city's case, they chose NOT to deposit money into what was then a 170% funded pension fund. All of a sudden 5 years of not doing that caught up to them in rough times and it's our problem? Nope.

Ya gotta love it right GOB. The people who manange these corporations and/or public money make me sick most of the time. They get all the benefits during the good times and pass the sh*t on to the employees during the bad ones.

JonE what exactly do you do for a living may I ask?

Fly Delta Bitches!!!!....now that I have that out of the way I can be serious. The last thing you want to do is get on an aircraft of a company that doesn't have qualified mechanics taking care of the maitenance on them. I do understand what you mean Jetlag...cause when Delta was doing great we got raise on top of raises, all sort of employee appreciation parties and employee incentives. Now that things are going bad the employees are getting alot of the sh*te plooped on us. Hell I also pay alot more for medical now, have already taken a 10%pay cut, and now they are thinking of contracting our ramp work out and maybe another cut. But they expect nothing but great professionalism and hard work for no money or incentives. So I support those mechanics. But the hell if I will fly on their planes without qualified maitenance working. SO fly Delta people...Enjoy!!!...

PS....www.delta.com for your tickets... :lol::lol:

We told the city to kiss our a$$ and made 'concessions' that didn't take money directly out of our pockets. Of course, our contract is up next year and the BS has already started.

lol this is precious...

suddenly when its about you, you can abandon your love of right wing principals and support the most leftist thing imaginable...a labor union. haha

for the record, i HATE unions. I DESPISE unions. Nothing makes me giddier than a union broken.sorry :wink:

Archived