****The OFFICIAL Jets/Bills Game Thread****

war ensemble

Hey guys... let me ask you a question...

What would you call a safety blitz in the 3-4 D?

Not a blitz right?

Just stop and think for a second what your trying to say... ask David Harris if he is blitzing the QB when he is the only LB that goes... see what he says... ask Elam if he is Blitzing when he is the only guy to go...

Right.. .a blitz is 5 or more guys, at least in the nfl stat boys.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A bltiz is a lB or DB coming at the QB... just what it is...

I don't know where you get that from. That may be your personal definition, but that doesn't make it so. On most pass plays, whether you're in a 3-4 or a 4-3, you're sending 4. In the 4-3, all of them are starting with a hand in the dirt. In the 3-4, one of them is an OLB. The advantage to the 3-4 (in theory) is that the offense doesn't know whether the 4th pass-rusher is coming from the left or the right.

But every time you see an OLB rush the passer, that does not constitute a "blitz" in and of itself.

I don't know where you get that from. That may be your personal definition, but that doesn't make it so. On most pass plays, whether you're in a 3-4 or a 4-3, you're sending 4. In the 4-3, all of them are starting with a hand in the dirt. In the 3-4, one of them is an OLB. The advantage to the 3-4 (in theory) is that the offense doesn't know whether the 4th pass-rusher is coming from the left or the right.

But every time you see an OLB rush the passer, that does not constitute a "blitz" in and of itself.

I guess so... but to me as a former LB and the way I teach it is when your a LB or DB and you blitz... I call it a blitz... one guy or no guys... I guess its not a blitz as a whole... but that player is certainly blitzing...

Archived