Yankees hit with $26.9 million luxury tax

JetNation

Won't get an argument out of me. One's failure is merely opportunity for another to take their place.

The strong not only survive but they get stronger... the way it should be... but dangerous if they get too strong...

The Kansas city Glasses-the heirs of Sam Walton, controlling interests in that itty bitty compnay called Walmart-hopefully will have enough cash to get Christmas dinner at Quizno's for the brood after paying Kyle Farnsworth.

I was in the Walmart in Orange County few weeks back. I got lost.

The Kansas city Glasses-the heirs of Sam Walton, controlling interests in that itty bitty compnay called Walmart-hopefully will have enough cash to get Christmas dinner at Quizno's for the brood after paying Kyle Farnsworth.

I was in the Walmart in Orange County few weeks back. I got lost.

You are as wrong as two boys f'ing.

David Glass is not a Walmart Heir.

He was CEO of Walmart. Key word is was. The heirs to the Walmart fortune name end in Walton, not Glass. His net worth is estimated at $500 million according to a KC paper.

Pocket change

True.

NEW YORK (AP) - The 10 highest baseball contracts. Figures were obtained by The Associated Press from player and management sources and include all guaranteed income but not income from potential incentive bonuses. There is no distinction for money deferred without interest:

Player, Club Years Total

Alex Rodriguez, NYY 2008-17 $275 million

Alex Rodriguez, Tex-NYY 2001-10 $252 million

Derek Jeter, NYY 2001-10 $189 million

CC Sabathia, NYY 2009-15 $161 million

Manny Ramirez, Bos-LAD 2001-8 $160 million

Miguel Cabrera, Det 2008-15 $152.3 million

Todd Helton, Col 2003-11 $141.5 million

Johan Santana, NYM 2008-13 $137.5 million

Alfonso Soriano, Cubs 2007-14 $136 million

Barry Zito, SF 2007-13 $126 million Vernon Wells, Tor 2008-14 $126 million

Archived