Its going to be great.....

Gainzo

When the Yankees crash and burn for the 9th year in a row.

As Scott Dierking pointed out in another thread, the Yankees have spent 250 million dollars in the last month. Looks like little Hank is in control after all.

The Yankees are now the overwhelming favourites to win it all. Can they handle that kind of pressure? Jeter can. Can anyone else on the team handle it?

As Scott Dierking pointed out in another thread, the Yankees have spent 250 million dollars in the last month. Looks like little Hank is in control after all.

The Yankees are now the overwhelming favourites to win it all. Can they handle that kind of pressure? Jeter can. Can anyone else on the team handle it?

Is that your New Year's wish?...LOL. In all seriousness, I truly believe the Yanks will roll this year and every fan like yourself is ****ting his pants. Here's all you Red Sox fans have to read...it says it all.

The Red Sox desperately wanted Teixeira.

Their "baseball people" were trying to get owner John Henry back in the action after the Red Sox pulled out.

Red Sox president Larry Lucchino usually is talkative, but when reached he immediately offered a "no comment."

He then apologized but said he had nothing to say on the matter.

The Red Sox are speechless.

NY POST

Kevin Kernan

Is that your New Year's wish?...LOL. In all seriousness, I truly believe the Yanks will roll this year and every fan like yourself is ****ting his pants. Here's all you Red Sox fans have to read...it says it all.

The Red Sox desperately wanted Teixeira.

Their "baseball people" were trying to get owner John Henry back in the action after the Red Sox pulled out.

Red Sox president Larry Lucchino usually is talkative, but when reached he immediately offered a "no comment."

He then apologized but said he had nothing to say on the matter.

The Red Sox are speechless.

NY POST

Kevin Kernan

Desperate?

I doubt it. They did want him, but in the end it seems like Henry was being sensible. Globe is reporting the Sox upped their ante from $170 and were stone walled by Boras again. Teixeria favored the Yankees and engaged them and the threw $185 million at him.

Desperate?

I doubt it. They did want him, but in the end it seems like Henry was being sensible. Globe is reporting the Sox upped their ante from $170 and were stone walled by Boras again. Teixeria favored the Yankees and engaged them and the threw $185 million at him.

You know, you guys since winning a couple of rings have gotten rather smug. If you truly want to go to a team (Red Sox in this case), 1.2 mil difference per year wouldn't make or break a deal. Face it, he didn't want to go to bean town and you guys have to live with that fact.

You know, you guys since winning a couple of rings have gotten rather smug. If you truly want to go to a team (Red Sox in this case), 1.2 mil difference per year wouldn't make or break a deal. Face it, he didn't want to go to bean town and you guys have to live with that fact.

smug, like advertising that your team has 26 championships? ;)

smug, like advertising that your team has 26 championships? ;)

Yeah....like that.

Think of how big of an a-hole we will be when we reach 26?

Sounds like he wanted the Yankees. That is life. I am sure the Tex-ERROR shirts are printing.

Gotcha, your's is earned, his is smug.

Who is "we"?. And what exactly have you "earned"?

You haven't figured it out yet or you just don't want to admit it...I think it's the latter.

Damn, I'm just glad I'm a long suffering fan of just one team...must be a real bitch being a fan of more than one.

...And they've still cut about $26 million off the payroll.

Tremendous pressure, undoubtedly. But will everyone stop crying about the Yankees spending so much money?

You haven't figured it out yet or you just don't want to admit it...I think it's the latter.

Damn, I'm just glad I'm a long suffering fan of just one team...must be a real bitch being a fan of more than one.

You haven't answered the question-What have you earned? The right to be pompous?

I understand, you are set in your ways. Fair enough.

Merry Christmas.

I am not sure how being happy about your favorite team winning championships is smug.

No, no, no. You have it all wrong. Smug in terms of winning a couple of titles and rub it into a fan base that has won 26 titles.

It's one thing to be happy, it's another thing to think you invented baseball. You don't get that impression from reading posts from Red Sux fans I guess...must be just me.

I was just responding back to NS's acusations of PHISKH. And then look at NS's signature.

The 2 don't equate.

Although, there are some smug Yankee fans. ;)

Most sports fans are smug. I am the rare exception. :-P I am just gracious by nature, lol.

But neither sig I would consider smug. Just a fan being a fan. Proud.

You haven't answered the question-What have you earned? The right to be pompous?

I understand, you are set in your ways. Fair enough.

Merry Christmas.

Yes, being a fan since I was 3...I have that right. Sorry if you don't agree with that...what else do you have? Oh, Merry Christmas to you as well.

And yes, I am set in my ways...I've earned it.

No, no, no. You have it all wrong. Smug in terms of winning a couple of titles and rub it into a fan base that has won 26 titles.

It's one thing to be happy, it's another thing to think you invented baseball. You don't get that impression from reading posts from Red Sux fans I guess...must be just me.

Other people being jealous never bothered me. When I played Class A baseball people were jealous, especially in the shower. But I never cared. I just said let me focus on these 72 at bats that I will have this season and make them the best they can be.

:rl:

Other people being jealous never bothered me. When I played Class A baseball people were jealous, especially in the shower. But I never cared. I just said let me focus on these 72 at bats that I will have this season and make them the best they can be.

:rl:

LOL...you played Class A ball too. There's a entire thread on this in the football forum under the heading of Did you ever play a professional sport or something similar to that.

I hear a whole lotta talkin loud but you still ain't sayin nothing

LOL...you played Class A ball too. There's a entire thread on this in the football forum under the heading of Did you ever play a professional sport or something similar to that.

Really? I will look for it, that is pretty funny.

Gainzo's just stirring up ****. Merry Xmas, Steve!

Exactly. I hope you had a great Christmas and Happy New Year as well.

I see threads like this every August in the football forum saying the Pats are going to suck.

Bob gets it. Too bad the rest of you don't.

Exactly. I hope you had a great Christmas and Happy New Year as well.

I see threads like this every August in the football forum saying the Pats are going to suck.

Bob gets it. Too bad the rest of you don't.

But the Yankees really are going to be better then Boston this year? How much more proof do you need? lol

But the Yankees really are going to be better then Boston this year? How much more proof do you need? lol

We will go back and forth in May/June when the Magic meet the Celtics in the playoffs. I don't want to debate Sox/Yanks on December 26th!

Archived