Eric B killed!

Blackout

Man killed in barber shop shooting

28 August 2005

One man died and another was seriously injured during a shooting at a barber's shop, police said.

Two men, aged 24 and 39, were taken to hospital following the incident in Long Island on Saturday afternoon.

The 39-year-old, Eric BarrIer also known as Eric B. who lived locally, died from his injuries.

The 24-year-old, also from Long Island, is said to be in a serious but stable condition in hospital.

West Camden Police were called to reports of several shots being fired in and around the barber's shop at the junction of Lozells Road and Wheeler Street.

A force spokeswoman said no arrests had been made and appealed to anyone who witnessed the incident or had any information about it to contact police.

One of rap's most influential acts during the 1980s, Eric B & Rakim made the sampling of James Brown records the main source for hip-hop's sound during the late '80s and early '90s, beginning with their stellar debut, Paid in Full.

While Eric B dazzled listeners with his turntable techniques, Rakim pointed the way toward the easy-rollin' style of the '90s with his laidback raps, though forceful in content. Each of the duo's first three albums achieved gold status, and they even managed the Top Five R&B hit "Friends" in 1989.

While working as a mobile DJ for New York's WBLS during 1985, Eric Barrier met William Griffin, a top MC who had grown up on Long Island. The two began recording together and emerged with "Eric B Is President."

The single appeared in 1986 on Harlem's Zakia label, and became a street sensation. Signed to 4th & Broadway the following year, Eric B & Rakim released their debut album, Paid in Full.

The LP's success led to a contract with Uni/MCA in 1988, and their second album, Follow the Leader, was released that year. Two more albums followed, Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em (1990) and Don't Sweat the Technique (1992), after which the duo broke up. By the mid-'90s, Eric B. had emerged as a solo act on his own 95th Street label.

edit: no, not EB50

28 August 2005

One man died and another was seriously injured during a shooting at a barber's shop, police said.

Two men, aged 24 and 39, were taken to hospital following the incident in Long Island on Saturday afternoon.

The 39-year-old, Eric BarrIer also known as Eric B. who lived locally, died from his injuries.

The 24-year-old, also from Long Island, is said to be in a serious but stable condition in hospital.

West Camden Police were called to reports of several shots being fired in and around the barber's shop at the junction of Lozells Road and Wheeler Street.

A force spokeswoman said no arrests had been made and appealed to anyone who witnessed the incident or had any information about it to contact police.

One of rap's most influential acts during the 1980s, Eric B & Rakim made the sampling of James Brown records the main source for hip-hop's sound during the late '80s and early '90s, beginning with their stellar debut, Paid in Full.

While Eric B dazzled listeners with his turntable techniques, Rakim pointed the way toward the easy-rollin' style of the '90s with his laidback raps, though forceful in content. Each of the duo's first three albums achieved gold status, and they even managed the Top Five R&B hit "Friends" in 1989.

While working as a mobile DJ for New York's WBLS during 1985, Eric Barrier met William Griffin, a top MC who had grown up on Long Island. The two began recording together and emerged with "Eric B Is President."

The single appeared in 1986 on Harlem's Zakia label, and became a street sensation. Signed to 4th & Broadway the following year, Eric B & Rakim released their debut album, Paid in Full.

The LP's success led to a contract with Uni/MCA in 1988, and their second album, Follow the Leader, was released that year. Two more albums followed, Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em (1990) and Don't Sweat the Technique (1992), after which the duo broke up. By the mid-'90s, Eric B. had emerged as a solo act on his own 95th Street label.

edit: no, not EB50

Where is this article.

cuz i found this which make this look like BS.

29 August 2005

Two men, aged 24 and 29, were taken to hospital following the incident in Birmingham on Saturday afternoon.

The 29-year-old, who has not been named but who lived locally, died from his injuries.

The 24-year-old, also from Newtown, is said to be in a serious but stable condition in hospital.

West Midlands Police were called to reports of several shots being fired in and around the barber's shop at the junction of Lozells Road and Wheeler Street.

No name anywhere.

I don't believe this for a second.

I feel like I've been hosed.

You sent me the following message at Bills Range : " I like your style

JetNation.com invites you to stop by and talk with us Jets fans."

Then you want to start crap with me when I do.

Sorry man, not interested. Was just joining the conversation.

Later...

I feel like I've been hosed.

You sent me the following message at Bills Range : " I like your style

JetNation.com invites you to stop by and talk with us Jets fans."

Then you want to start crap with me when I do.

Sorry man, not interested. Was just joining the conversation.

Later...

When did I start crap with you?

This thread took a weird turn. Dirtywater...Smizzy was saying he didn't believe that Eric B was dead. Not that he doesn't believe that you listened to Eric B. (That is my take).

Don't Sweat the Technique. That is one of my favorite albums from back then. I hope this isn't true.

This thread took a weird turn. Dirtywater...Smizzy was saying he didn't believe that Eric B was dead. Not that he doesn't believe that you listened to Eric B. (That is my take).

Don't Sweat the Technique. That is one of my favorite albums from back then. I hope this isn't true.

Thanks for clearing that up for us max :wink:

Wasn't 'Friends' by Whodini?

I call shenanigans.

indeed it was

"friends, how many of us have them, friends, the ones we can depend on"

such a corny hook although the instrumental is good. seems like every rapper and their mother has sampled that song by now

Wasn't 'Friends' by Whodini?

I call shenanigans.

...it sure was...like it's being said, this could either be a bad article by someone that doesnt know hip hop history....or a farce. Im not sure which it is yet. I do love Eric B and Rakim though. I hope it isn't him. Great group. Im impressed Max...wouldnt peg you as a EricB&Rakim fan..sweet.

...it sure was...like it's being said, this could either be a bad article by someone that doesnt know hip hop history....or a farce. Im not sure which it is yet. I do love Eric B and Rakim though. I hope it isn't him. Great group. Im impressed Max...wouldnt peg you as a EricB&Rakim fan..sweet.

When I was in college I was listening to something really bad. It was along the lines of Hip Hop but it was bad.

My roommate who was a senior said don't listen to that crap. He handed me an EricB \ Rakim CD. My life was forever changed!

When I was in college I was listening to something really bad. It was along the lines of Hip Hop but it was bad.

My roommate who was a senior said don't listen to that crap. He handed me an EricB \ Rakim CD. My life was forever changed!

....Hooray...bad hip hop is just wrong. Im glad he got you on the straight and great hip hop track.

Archived