Bill Callahan for OC?

Bergen Jet

It's a nice thought, but I highly doubt they can him.

They have to. There is no other move to make. Can Schotty or strip his play calling duties.

I actually told Klecko this morning that they should give Schotty a red, yellow, green system with Callahan giving him the orders... I was only half joking when I said it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you guys think about giving Bill Callahan a shot at OC?

The running game improved dramatically this season. The o-line play has been decent enough (granted the talent level was given a big boost). He has been a head coach at this level and has been to the post season and has won a couple of games there.

I do not think the front office is going to fire Mangini so maybe we approach fixing the CS problems by looking at some new coordinators.

If I could get any christmas present I wanted It would be to fire BS and Give the reigns to Callahan. Contrary to what some might think this will not have the effect of other moves that were similar in the past because Callahan is already very much involved with the offense and the Offensive line the move would be seamless/ GET sh*tTY THE **** OUT

Could it be worse?

How can it? Everything wrong with the Jets over the past whatever amount of years...I'll go with 5...would be gone in one fell swoop.

Difference between great teams and not great teams have always been the coaches, particularly on offense where playcalling is the difference between 0 points and a million points.

So... What are the odds of anything being done about this? Nil? Zip? None? Snowball's chance in hell?

The odds ? ZERO. WHY ? because while we might not be the SAME OLD JETS when it comesto the players blowing games when up by 20 points we still have to deal with the incompetent coaching. In the realm of coaching we certainly are the SOJ . NO WAY Shotty gets fired. If it was going to be done at all it had to happen mid season or less to give Callahan the chance to work with the offense and throw Cavanaugh the Fu*k out the door behind Shotty.

I wonder if Rex will let the Schottenheimer albatross choke him out in a similar fashion to the way it helped ruin Mangini? Rex better recognize where the axe should fall today before he finds out that it's falling on him tomorrow.

Yep ... rex better start focusing on Defnsive substitutions and not having toblow timeouts cause we have 9 freakin men on the field with Miamai on the 5 yard line .

I wonder if Rex will let the Schottenheimer albatross choke him out in a similar fashion to the way it helped ruin Mangini? Rex better recognize where the axe should fall today before he finds out that it's falling on him tomorrow.

So true...Rex and the players are not at fault here and it's just disgusting to see the season being wasted away by this joke of an offensive coordinator.

How can they let the most important part of an offense be manned by such a POS loser who doesn't know sh*t? Maybe the Jets wanted an offense built around WR drops and sh*tty QB play...if that was their goal then they got their man with SCHITTY...but otherwise...otherwise...:shakes head in exasperation:...otherwise...

Getting rid of Schotty makes too much sense at this point... Rex will be a DC somewhere within 3 years if he let's the albatross bring him down.

So true...Rex and the players are not at fault here and it's just disgusting to see the season being wasted away by this joke of an offensive coordinator.

How can they let the most important part of an offense be manned by such a POS loser who doesn't know sh*t? Maybe the Jets wanted an offense built around WR drops and sh*tty QB play...if that was their goal then they got their man with SCHITTY...but otherwise...otherwise...:shakes head in exasperation:...otherwise...

Results, dude. Blame who you want. The fact is, Schott's been here for five years and--outside of the Favre year where Brett basically told Schotty to go f^ck himself--he hasn't produced. Now, he looks like he's on the path to wasting his second highly-drafted QB with both adopting similar tendencies--holding the ball, looking lost, and ultimately (predictably) throwing it to the other team. Common denominator--Schottenheimer.

Results, dude. Blame who you want. The fact is, Schott's been here for five years and--outside of the Favre year where Brett basically told Schotty to go f^ck himself--he hasn't produced. Now, he looks like he's on the path to wasting his second highly-drafted QB with both adopting similar tendencies--holding the ball, looking lost, and ultimately (predictably) throwing it to the other team. Common denominator--Schottenheimer.

About as good a post on the situation as can be. Short and Sweet and to the point

Chadwick and Lord Favre both had substantially better seasons the year after they left Schotty.

Kellen was the most pro ready QB in his draft according to Jaws who is a great talent evaluator.

Both Braylon and Santonio have taken credit for play calling on plays where they scored. Both Santonio and Edwards TOLD Schotty what to call.

Sanchez is substantially better when running the hurry up offense.

They run the same play on first down a majority of the time with the same result regardless of if it is Greene or LT.

They constantly run 3rd down pass plays where the receiver gets the ball between 3 and 5 yards short of the marker.

Schotty must go and go fast.

I remember that. Favre showed 'em who was boss!!

Edit: I find your logic very weird...but you can't be wrong because you said results.

Chadwick and Lord Favre both had substantially better seasons the year after they left Schotty.

Kellen was the most pro ready QB in his draft according to Jaws who is a great talent evaluator.

Both Braylon and Santonio have taken credit for play calling on plays where they scored. Both Santonio and Edwards TOLD Schotty what to call.

Sanchez is substantially better when running the hurry up offense.

They run the same play on first down a majority of the time with the same result regardless of if it is Greene or LT.

They constantly run 3rd down pass plays where the receiver gets the ball between 3 and 5 yards short of the marker.

Schotty must go and go fast.

It really is amazing. His resume speaks for itself, and it's filled with years of miserable failure. The only defense for him that exists is an endless list of excuses why 5 years of ineptitude is everyone's fault but his. In the end, you can try to blame the personnel all you want, but it's changed plenty over the years but the offense still isn't there. Not only that, when Schotty has now had 5 years to build his offense and failed to put together a competent unit, is that not an indictment of him as much as anything else? In the end, he gets paid a whole lot of money to put together a good NFL offense, and has failed to do that despite endless opportunities.

One went to Miami (and wasn't starting his first full season in his 7 year career because he did that the year before)...the other went back to the division he owned for 16 years to play for one of the dome teams in the division...with the best RB and biggest OL in the league.

Then again, I've said this 12308240824821402184124082 times to have it ignored anyway. I shouldn't even say anything...adding context to blanket statements like this one isn't fair to you and doesn't matter anyway.

This fanbase will never fail to blow my mind...Just ignore this I don't feel like doing an all out Schotty debate.

I remember that. Favre showed 'em who was boss!!

Edit: I find your logic very weird...but you can't be wrong because you said results.

Favre refused to dick around with Schotty's beloved pre-snap motion and assorted gimmicks, then went out and handed Schotty the best season he's produced until Brett's arm gave out. We beat on Favre for pulling a primadonns act at the time, but homeboy was dead right.

True, my logic is weird, but attempting to purport that Schotteheimer is a secret genius after five years of middling offense is even weirder.

Favre refused to dick around with Schotty's beloved pre-snap motion and assorted gimmicks. Then went out and handed Schotty the best season he's produced until his arm gave out. We beat on Favre for pulling a primadonns act at the time, but homeboy was dead right.

True, my logic is weird, but attempting to purport that Schotteheimer is a secret genius after five years of middling offense is even weirder.

Couple things...

1. I have never claimed Schotteneheimer to be a genius here or anywhere.

2. Not only was there pre-snap motion in '08 (I'm 90% sure), but they even used the Wildcat.

3. Favre's a douche, we were his second choice, and the OC should get some credit in molding a strong offense with a QB who arrived almost exactly 1 month before the season started. By JN logic, OC is far more important to offensive success than the QB is, so why is Favre getting total credit for '08's successes?

4. Also, why not look at it as the only season Schotty got a big time, proven talent to play QB in his offense? Is it because that's too Schotty friendly a viewpoint?

Couple things...

2. Not only was there pre-snap motion in '08 (I'm 90% sure), but they even used the Wildcat.

3. Favre's a douche, we were his second choice, and the OC should get some credit in molding a strong offense with a QB who arrived almost exactly 1 month before the season started. By JN logic, OC is far more important to offensive success than the QB is, so why is Favre getting total credit for '08's successes?

4. Also, why not look at it as the only season Schotty got a big time, proven talent to play QB in his offense? Is it because that's too Schotty friendly a viewpoint?

Cool story bro... now will you STFU already.

Couple things...

Dude, nobody here wants Schotty to fail. Six days a week, we're all rooting for Schotty. On the seventh day, however, whatever it is that he's doing just isnt consistently working. Five years in the same job is a virtual eternity for any coach, much less one with as dubious a track record as Schotty has. At best, he's just an average OC. At worst, he puts together back-to-back weeks like we've just witnessed. Yes, the players sucked. But, he's the guy who's responsible for those players. You don't fire the team, you fire the coach--especially when that coach has a history of mediocrity.

Dude, nobody here wants Schotty to fail. Six days a week, we're all rooting for Schotty. On the seventh day, however, whatever it is that he's doing just isnt consistently working. Five years in the same job is a virtual eternity for any coach, much less one with as dubious a track record as Schotty has. At best, he's just an average OC. At worst, he puts together back-to-back weeks like we've just witnessed. Yes, the players sucked. But, he's the guy who's responsible for those players. You don't fire the team, you fire the coach--especially when that coach has a history of mediocrity.

Making ... too.... much... sense....... . .. .. .......

The team has a history of mediocrity going back over 40 years.

The Jets couldn't even ruin my day after the way the Knicks played today. Agreeing with you, nay, actually praising a post of yours, is coming pretty close to breaking me though.

The team has a history of mediocrity going back over 40 years.

Boss: Gato, you haven't been performing very well for the past 5 years, we're going to have to let you go.

Gato: But this company doesn't perform very well. It's been in business for 40 years and never performs well.

Boss: Oh, well then, since you put it that way...

Boss: Gato, you haven't been performing very well for the past 5 years, we're going to have to let you go.

Gato: But this company doesn't perform very well. It's been in business for 40 years and never performs well.

Boss: Oh, well then, since you put it that way...

And then I drove back and gave her the change!!! Pwned!!

Archived