So who do we want our QB to be next year?

faba

Put the talent around him and he has shown he can succeed.

I don't feel like waiting for years for a rookie to develop.

I don't think we have to. QB's are having success earlier and earlier nowadays. Not to mention this year will produce a pretty awesome crop of NFL caliber QB's. Time to look at the draft.

With the news of Brady maybe missing next season, Cassel won't be going anywhere. I am afraid to say we will probably end up with the likes of John Kina, Jeff Garcia or Dante Culpepper..

Now don't yell at me, I don't like it either but I think thats what is gonna end up happening.

I like several of the posters on here including sperm and sometimes Max...but it seems like every post CTM makes is right on IMO. I completely agree with an open competition. What else should there be!? And we certainly should look to the draft and toward veterans for capable 3rd quarterback to throw into the mix. Clemens and Ratliff should be given equal opportunity to lead this team from the onset.

Of course Ratliff is going to win the job and lead us to several superbowls. Long live the Rat!

I believe that Farve has a "two" year deal. So if he wants to play he is the Guy.

That said, I am hoping he takes his wrangler wearing, interception throwing, pro bowl going self (like he deserves a trip to hawaii to play football) back to his farm and stays there. If nothing else, if he is going to retire, I hope he shows some class and makes the decsion quickly so that Jets know how to proceed.

If he does retire, unfortunately for Clemens and Ratliff this team spent a lot of money and is a win now team. They are not going to get to run this offense next year. I would liket ot see Ratliff get it but that is not going to happen.

I believe that Farve has a "two" year deal. So if he wants to play he is the Guy.

That said, I am hoping he takes his wrangler wearing, interception throwing, pro bowl going self (like he deserves a trip to hawaii to play football) back to his farm and stays there. If nothing else, if he is going to retire, I hope he shows some class and makes the decsion quickly so that Jets know how to proceed.

If he does retire, unfortunately for Clemens and Ratliff this team spent a lot of money and is a win now team. They are not going to get to run this offense next year. I would liket ot see Ratliff get it but that is not going to happen.

Not unnecessarily true. It will be hard to bring in a coach, under the stipulations that he has to use Favre for a year and then start rebuilding in year 2. No one old or young, will want to do that.

We just have to pray to god Favre retires, and forget he ever happened.

I think the firing was done quickly so the Jets will have more than ample time to bring in a coach and appease Favre.

Garcia though would be interesting. I like him alot. I don't quite understand why he has bounced from team to team.

QB'ed the 49'ers to the playoffs

Eagles,Bucs as well

Not unnecessarily true. It will be hard to bring in a coach, under the stipulations that he has to use Favre for a year and then start rebuilding in year 2. No one old or young, will want to do that.

We just have to pray to god Favre retires, and forget he ever happened.

I am not sure any coach that comes in would not want to coach Farve. At the end of the day, if Farve wants to play do you really think that a new coach is going to make the HOFer, compete with Clemens and Ratiff. Farve gets too much money to sit or compete for the Job.

Archived