The Official Orlando Magic 2008-2009 Thread

InstantClassic

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dang..bad overall game for the Magic.

No doubt in my mind they bounce back after taking this punch.

The Laker D came to play tonite. It's still a best of 7 series, I think Orlando has a lot more b ball in them.

Yeah they did..they played Dwight very well.

The Magic got their looks..didn't knock them down.

Jameer starts at some point during this series...

I don't think it would be smart for the Magic to start Jameer. He shouldn't even be in there, he's obviously rusty, and still is very nervous to shoot the ball. Didn't you see him throw up several air balls. That is not Jameer, I just hope in the end, he doesn't end up hurting himself here, because he's still really young, and this team could possibly get back to the finals again next year, and beyond.

Granted, I think him even injured is way better then the 85 year old Anthony Johnson, but it would be stupid to have him play possibly 35 minutes a game.

I don't think it would be smart for the Magic to start Jameer. He shouldn't even be in there, he's obviously rusty, and still is very nervous to shoot the ball. Didn't you see him throw up several air balls. That is not Jameer, I just hope in the end, he doesn't end up hurting himself here, because he's still really young, and this team could possibly get back to the finals again next year, and beyond.

Granted, I think him even injured is way better then the 85 year old Anthony Johnson, but it would be stupid to have him play possibly 35 minutes a game.

Early on he was tossing some crisp passes. He doesn't need to dominate by scoring to be effective. He needs to get his team involved and continue to get them good looks. They will start falling again.

Early on he was tossing some crisp passes. He doesn't need to dominate by scoring to be effective. He needs to get his team involved and continue to get them good looks. They will start falling again.

That's not Jameer's style of play though. The guy is a scorer, and he just can't do that right now. He was never much of a passer, he'll give you about 5 assist, and score about 20. He was playing very well in the beginning, but I still see a guy that is very rusty, and is very afraid of shooting. I'm not mad at him for that, it's not his fault, if he were 100%, he'd dominate like he usual does.

That's not Jameer's style of play though. The guy is a scorer, and he just can't do that right now. He was never much of a passer, he'll give you about 5 assist, and score about 20. He was playing very well in the beginning, but I still see a guy that is very rusty, and is very afraid of shooting. I'm not mad at him for that, it's not his fault, if he were 100%, he'd dominate like he usual does.

He may not be a passer but:

Meer Meer distributing > Skip distributing

He may not be a passer but:

Meer Meer distributing > Skip distributing

That's obvious though, which is why next year when he's fully healthy, he'll be the starter, and Skip will be the very good backup. I just don't see the good in possibly risking Jameer's career, especially with all the rust he has right now. Obviously when healthy Jameer is by far the best point guard on the court right now between these two teams. If I see better from him in game 2, maybe then I'll change my mind. The last thing we need is Jameer having trouble getting back on the court in the future, and being the next Arenas.

This team can't be shooting about 30% against a very average defensive team, like Los Angeles, especially an offensive team of Orlando's quality.

Just have to face it that this team isn't good enough to be here. Coaching is stupid, players on this team look confused, and are stupid. I am no way giving up, but I am not confident either in any of the players on this team. They're just an all around stupid team, and stupid organization.

I'm not even sure beating the crap out of Cleveland to show the world that were just as good as them, and probably better is a good thing anymore, because team has absolutely no heart.

Just have to face it that this team isn't good enough to be here. Coaching is stupid, players on this team look confused, and are stupid. I am no way giving up, but I am not confident either in any of the players on this team. They're just an all around stupid team, and stupid organization.

:rl:

J.J. Redick had a costly turnover.

Archived