Rhodes claims he can make plays just like Reed....

Steveg

i'm really hoping ryan finds a way to put rhodes in position to make more plays. rhodes thinks he can do it...let's see what he can do then. he certainly has the size and athleticism to be capable of making big plays. he looked like he could be a ball hawk at one point. let's see if the system makes a difference. if it does...then look out.

Seriously..Kerry Rhodes is not and will never be anything like Ed Reed or Troy Polumlu..they sacrifice there bodies when they play on every play..Have you EVER seen Rhodes do that..answer: NO..And he won't do it..He's not that kind of player..He won't sell out like those guys,we've watched him long enough to know this..he is a servicable NFL player who has may varied interest.One of them is his image as possible actor and model..can't be all twisted and cripple and be the next Denzel..don't you know.

Actually I see it as lame. It's Rhodes using the coaches as an excuse for his poor play.

+1

I don't doubt there some truth to it, nor that Rhodes will be better under Ryan, but excuse making isn't a good character trait imo..

Maybe Kerry told him so.. Did you miss the part where Rex said he hasn't seen a lot of the Jets..

So he's a liar? Bastard, he should be sacked instantly for this.

He also said he believed Revis to be the best CB in the football? What, do you think the players got him in a room, put a gun to his head and forced him to say these things?

I'm going to trust what Ryan says for now.

Maybe Kerry told him so.. Did you miss the part where Rex said he hasn't seen a lot of the Jets..

Actually, CTM, Rex didn't say he hasn't seen a lot of the Jets.

He said he didn't want the last 5 games when Hutchinson asked him that stupid question about Favre going 2-9 on TDs-INTs. Rex said that he was busy trying to help the Ravens get to the SB at the time.

It has been reported in the past that Rex liked Kerry coming out of college, has seen him play, and wants to turn Kerry into "another No. 20", that's a quote and he's referring to Ed Reed.

He also said he believed Revis to be the best CB in the football? What, do you think the players got him in a room, put a gun to his head and forced him to say these things?

Get a grip. Rhodes isnt half the player Reed is. Is the ability there? Sure.

BUT HE HAS NOT DONE IT. Less talk and more action, "Hollywood".

Who said he's a liar???

I don't know why it surprises you that he'd talk up his new players..

btw, he had a lot of nice things to say about Favre and would welcome him as his QB. I suppose you are going to trust Ryan on that one as well :rolleyes:

Actually, CTM, Rex didn't say he hasn't seen a lot of the Jets.

He said he didn't want the last 5 games when Hutchinson asked him that stupid question about Favre going 2-9 on TDs-INTs. Rex said that he was busy trying to help the Ravens get to the SB at the time.

It has been reported in the past that Rex liked Kerry coming out of college, has seen him play, and wants to turn Kerry into "another No. 20", that's a quote and he's referring to Ed Reed.

I don't have any knowledge of such a quote, nor would I interpret it as him saying Rhodes was of the same caliber..

My point was that it's pretty clear Rex isn't an expert of on the Jets players yet and I don't understand how that's debatable. How could he be?

I don't have any knowledge of such a quote, nor would I interpret it as him saying Rhodes was of the same caliber..

LOL. Who's the lawyer, Chan, you or me?

It was reported the last 2 days in the Daily News.

Anyway, I don't believe that Rex thinks Rhodes is the same caliber as Reed. I think Rex is saying that he can get the most out of Rhodes which would be close to what Reed brings.

It's another sign of Rex's cokyness. It's him saying, "You have the talent, but I'll make you a star."

My point was that it's pretty clear Rex isn't an expert of on the Jets players yet and I don't understand how that's debatable. How could he be?

Of course he is not an expert on the players, but he has enough knowledge about them. In fact, he likely did research on the Jets roster in preparation for his 5 hour meeting with Woody 2 Sunday's ago. Any coach with half a brain interested in getting a job (Rex was probably desperate for a HC job) so he was going to do his damnedest in the interview.

Heck, his agent probably told him that there was rumors that Spags did not do well in his interview. Rex didn't want the Rams job (he eludes to that in an interview he gave to Randy Lange on NewYorkJets.com in saying that most teams you go to are 2, 3, or 4 win teams but the Jets are a 9 win team), so he saw the Jets job as the best bet for him. So he was going to do his best to wow Woody and Tannenbaum. It was reported that he did a power-point presentation about himself, his coaching philosophy, and who that would impact the Jets as currently constituted.

don't disagree with anything you said there.

ftr, I do believe that Kerry will be better under Ryan, but I also think his comments were ridiculous..

And it's my turn not to disagree.

His comments were ridiculous.

BUT, I think 80% of Rhodes' problem was Mangini. I like a guy to take responsibility for his own actions, but Mangini was such a coward that he screwed up a lot of players on defense.

Who said he's a liar???

I don't know why it surprises you that he'd talk up his new players..

btw, he had a lot of nice things to say about Favre and would welcome him as his QB. I suppose you are going to trust Ryan on that one as well :rolleyes:

Yup, because we all know Ryan is an offensive genius.:winking0001:

Here's honestly what I seriously think. Ryan doesn't think Favre is coming back, nor does anyone IMO. He is obviously not going to slate him but I didn't see anything there that Ryan said that was too positive about Favre. Whan asked about his failures during the season, he dodged it and said he hadn't seen the games. He's obviously not going to piss over his legacy by criticising him. I don't Favre is an issue and I don't think he falls under the category of "new players" because I'm convinced that he's either retiring or he's going to be cut. We can't afford his salary anyways.

As for Rhodes, there's nothing wrong with comparing yourself to Ed Reed, he's what all safeties hope to measure up to and he is the standard. Nothing at all wrong comparing himself to him. He didn't say he was better than him. Rhodes is a ball hawk and he does have the talent to make plays, he knows it and Rex knows it. Rhodes is a confident player and Ryan is a confident coach. The fact that Ryan, who is a defensive mastermind backs up Rhodes' comparisons tells me a lot. A few years ago Rhodes was playing at an elite level, last year he had a down year, it happens. Even to the likes of Reed and Polamalu (Who sucked balls in the two seasons before this one). Whether it was coaching or whatever I think you'll see Rhodes emerge as an elite safety again next year.

Archived