Favre stats not as bad as everyone thinks

muddyriverdogz

Everybody on here talks about how Favre is the Interception King,but i guess if you where the TD king that would go with the territory.

Favre Stats

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FavrBr00.htm

Lets take a look at the great Broadway Joe

http://pro-football-reference.com/players/NamaJo00.htm

Hmm.....

Your right Favre had a good career, whats your point?

Everybody on here talks about how Favre is the Interception King,but i guess if you where the TD king that would go with the territory.

Favre Stats

Hmm.....

Get this through your thick head!!! 2 TOUCHDOWNS and 9 INTERCEPTIONS in the LAST 5 GAMES!!!! And it's not an aberration this is about the 5th year in a row his performance goes to **** at the end of the season!!!! Now beat it!!! You cornball Favre fan! And take that idiot with you!!!!

Get this through your thick head!!! 2 TOUCHDOWNS and 9 INTERCEPTIONS in the LAST 5 GAMES!!!! And it's not an aberration this is about the 5th year in a row his performance goes to **** at the end of the season!!!! Now beat it!!! You cornball Favre fan! And take that idiot with you!!!!

:cheers:

:cheers:

Seriously DMay... I think a public cyber lynching of all Favre fans that showed up the day of that stupid trade is in order. They all make me wanna projectile vomit. All you get is excuses from them for that primadonna.

I understand he was once a great player but for God's sakes!!! That kiss ass relationship he has with these baffoons is ridiculous and it's been over for him!!! His Ego and these idiots are the only ones who can't see it.

It makes me wanna commit a heinus act on Woody Johnson... lol They need to understand that Brett Favre has never felt a wrath like the one he will feel from New York if he comes back and stinks it up again. We're talking witness protection program here... lol He should just retire now! And save whatever face he has left!

That said, I believe I'm a pacifist.

The point is Joe Nammath threw more interceptions than TD's in his career but he still won them a Superbowl.Favre has not but all i hear when you have something to say about him is Interceptions Interceptions.You have no idea to what Favre could do for the Jets next year,nor do you except the fact that the jets are very short on options at the QB position.

Didnt Favre throw 6 TD's and beat the Card's who whent to the Superbowl this year with a QB older than Favre?Maybee a good idea would be to beef up the O line so that the 13 Mill QB wasnt picking himself up off his back every other play.

The point is Joe Nammath threw more interceptions than TD's in his career but he still won them a Superbowl.Favre has not but all i hear when you have something to say about him is Interceptions Interceptions.You have no idea to what Favre could do for the Jets next year,nor do you except the fact that the jets are very short on options at the QB position.

Didnt Favre throw 6 TD's and beat the Card's who whent to the Superbowl this year with a QB older than Favre?Maybee a good idea would be to beef up the O line so that the 13 Mill QB wasnt picking himself up off his back every other play.

You do understand that Nammath was a homegrown Jet right??? And that Favre's legacy means squat around here?? And how the hell do you explain that Favre has played like crap down the stretch each of the last 5 years???

The Cards QB has been to three Superbowls and does not sling up INts every other pass...

Muddy, your argument is inherently flawed because Nammath played in a significantly different era than Favre.

In Nammath's time there were different INT rules and there was, essentially, no defensive holding. WRs were allowed to get mugged.

Further, the West Coast Offense (Favre's signature system) didn't exist in Nammath's time. Thus, QBs needed to have big arms to throw the ball far just to complete passes.

As such, completion %s were much lower then than today. That is why QB Rating (created during Nammath's time) relies so heavily on completition %.

If Favre played in Nammath's era, he'd have dozens of more INTs than he has now. It was simply the way the game was play 40 and more years ago.

Favre Stats

Hmm.....

whats his stats for the last 5 'playoff pressure ' games we played last season?

Maybee a good idea would be to beef up the O line so that the 13 Mill QB wasnt picking himself up off his back every other play.

The o-line was already beefed up. Favre has lost his mobility and is now a sitting duck. He can't run out of the pocket like he used to, he doesn't like to take a sack, thus ... interception.

Right now, Favre is where he should be. Hunting.

Favre Stats

Hmm.....

Thank You for showing me one of the greatest ever's career stats. Let's do Lou Gehrig.I love thoseold yankee stats.

He's marino with the jewelery.

Damn, I wouldn't mind getting a 2007 out of him, but this whole "deer hunting" doesn't know if he's coming back is garbage. Yes or NO. NOW>

P.S.

Am I the only one terrified at the way Clemens seems to be annoited as the guy if it's not Favre. I'm speaking about NY sports radio, you know?

The Brett Favre experiment is finished. He doesnt even have enough respect for the team to give us an answer in a timely fashion.

Why should he?

He wanted to be a Viking.

He is on a team that is over the cap. He gets cut, he can freely goto Minny.

Here are two stats that matter most:

40 years old.

$13 million

End of discussion.

Agreed!.....The fact that Favre has been awful in December the last 4 years is another reason he should not come back.......13 TDS and 31 INT the last 4 Decembers.....Even in the one good year he has had in the last 4 in 2007 he had 6 TDS and 5 INT.....

P.S.

Am I the only one terrified at the way Clemens seems to be annoited as the guy if it's not Favre. I'm speaking about NY sports radio, you know?

No one on the Jets or even any so called insiders have suggested that. It is just speculating fans and some local sports guys. And it is not that illogical considering Clemens has starting experience, was a 2nd round pick and has competed with Pennington for the job a couple of times versus say, Ratliff, who has no regular season experience and was a free agent pickup. The Jets might also pick up a vet or use their 1st round pick on a QB. All of that being said, my money is on Ratliff. ;)

Archived