My mock offseason (First edition)

FranchiseCorner24

Retire: Brett Favre- If BF retires the Jets will be in decent shape cap wise, and should be able to sign one big name player. I think Brett will finally call it quits, and start his fishing career Mississippi.

Cuts-

David Barrett- I don't know if his contract is up, but this guy sucks. The Jets should have cut him four years ago. A complete waste of cap space

Sione Pouha- He signed a long-term deal last offseason. He proved that he can't get the job done as Jenkins backup. He definitely needs to go

Trade-

Laveraneous Coles to Jacksonville for a 4th round pick- Jacksonville needs help at WR, and Coles probably would enjoy playing in Florida where he lives.

Sign-

Oshiomogho Atogwe S, St. Louis Rams- Atogwe is the best young saftey in the game IMO, and is only 27. This would be a very, very good signing for the Jets and shore up the saftey position for years. He will not come cheap, but this would be a much better big ticket signing than Ray Lewis.

Jeff Garcia QB, Tampa Bay Bucs- Some people have mentioned Byron Leftwich, but IMO Leftwich has proven he isn't a starter in this league. Garcia may not win many games, but I have much more confidence in him at least managing the game. Hopefully Clemens and Ratliff beat him out in camp, but I could go to war with Jeff Garcia at the helm.

Sam Koch P, Baltimore Ravens- I'd be happy with Lechler or Hentrich too. I say Koch because of the Ryan connection. We definitely need a good punter on this team.

Devery Henderson WR, New Orleans Saints- Everybody wants to draft a big play threat, but why not just sign Henderson? He averaged 24 yds per catch last season. We basically replace Coles' salary with his. IMO Henderson isn't as polished as Coles but he pairs up with Cotchery a lot better

Draft

1- DJ Moore, CB Vanderbilt- Moore reminds me a lot of Revis, and a lot of experts predict good things from him. Most people say he's the best cover corner in this draft. A secondary of Revis, Moore, Rhodes, and Atogwe would be the best young coverage unit in the NFL.

2-Ron Brace DT, Boston College- We need somebody to backup Jenkins. Brace is probably the best NT propsect in this draft

3. *Goes to Green Bay for Brett Favre*

4. Brian Robiskie WR, OSU- He's a good athlete and he is 6'3. Wide Receivers usually fall in the draft so it wouldn't shock me if he is available in round 4.

4. Rashad Jennings RB, Liberty- Big bruising RB that we don't have on the roster. Could be this years Tim Hightower.

4. Jasper Brinkley, ILB South Carolina- Had character issues in college, but should fit well as a 3-4 ILB

5. Best available

6. BA

7. BA

Overall we replace Favre's salary with Atogwe and Coles' salary with Henderson, and get some good young rookies

QB- Garcia, Clemens, Ratliff, Ainge

HB- Jones, Washington, Jennings

FB- Calcrucick, Jennings

LT- D'Brick

LG- Faneca

C-Mangold

RG-Moore

RT- Woody

WR- Cotchery, Henderson, Clowney, Robiskie, Stuckey, Smith

TE- Keller, Baker

Defense

LE- Ellis, Mosely

NT- Jenkins, Brace

RE- Coleman, Devito

LILB- Trusnick, Brinkley

RILB- Harris, Bowens

LOLB- Thomas, Gholston

ROLB- Pace, Murrell

SS- Atogwe

FS- Rhodes

CB-Revis, Moore

=

Super Bowl?

umm Devery Henderson has a serious problem with holding onto the ball, IMO he is almost as bad as Troy Williamson, he may have the speed to beat any DB but he will drop as many balls as he catches.

The Atogwe signing is interesting, he is one of the better young safetys in the league.

Garcia??? nope we have to go with one of our young guys its about time we let them battle it out to see if we have "that guy" on the roster or not.

Farve and Barrett will be gone IMO before the start of the year.

Sione Pouha - I'd keep him, 3-4 NT don't go on trees and he's an average back up.

Laveraneous Coles - If we can get a 4th for him I'd jump on it.

Oshiomogho Atogwe - If we don't get Leonhard from Balt then he's a good choice.

Jeff Garcia - I have him 2nd for FA QBs we might take and we need a vet.

Sam Koch - We need a punter but I'm not really looking at them yet

Devery Henderson - He only catches about 30 balls a year so unless he goes for small money I say no.

DJ Moore - Not a bad choice we need a CB and Davis might be gone.

Ron Brace - To soon for him I think he'll be on the boards until the 3rd and we have bigger needs.

3rd - We have NO's 3rd rounder from the Vilma trade.

Brian Robiskie - He'll be gone before the 4th.

Rashad Jennings - Great choice, had him here in my mock

Jasper Brinkley - Again had him here in my mock.

Switch Robiskie and Brace and get a FA ILB and it would look better.

you lost me at jeff garcia. other than that I think it was a good post.

I agree D.J. Moore will be a good pick for us, as he is projected #2 CB this moment, but I think and hope that Rexy will move up to take Mauluga. I would love to see him, Bart Scott, Gholston, Harris, Thomas, Pace for the next 3 years.

Mauluga probably will go way before I even think we could move up possibly, like at 12 or something, but I just love his football I.Q., speed, and wrecklessness in pursuit of a tackle.

Archived