TV Land Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

I went back and read all of RJF and Thor's posts (free search is awesome).

It's obvious that Thor is the J.D. to RJF's Dr. Cox but I don't think he knows it. It's obvious that there is something between the two of them because Thor is the only person that RJF has called Newbie and most of his anger is directed to him. The thing is none of Thors posts seem to show any relationship between the two of them. Because of that i find it hard to believe that they are a team and its not just RJF fulfilling posting requirements.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
poop...

if anything my switching votes will make me standout more and you know it..

That wasn't done to deflect suspicion...

Now ur playing,,,,

How do you get four giraffes into a car?

Two in the front, two in the back.

How do you get four Elephants into the car?

Make the giraffes get out.

I wasnt saying that is what you are doing, just letting him know that could be a strategy.

He noticed me!!

I went back and read all of RJF and Thor's posts (free search is awesome).

It's obvious that Thor is the J.D. to RJF's Dr. Cox but I don't think he knows it. It's obvious that there is something between the two of them because Thor is the only person that RJF has called Newbie and most of his anger is directed to him. The thing is none of Thors posts seem to show any relationship between the two of them. Because of that i find it hard to believe that they are a team and its not just RJF fulfilling posting requirements.

I dont know about this J.D. to Dr. Cox thingy, so I googled it, its from scrubs (which I have never seen an episode) and what came up from youtube was the Dr. calling J.D. a girls name all the time and I dont notice RJF doing that...

Does that mean anything? And does that mean we know we have some muppets, Columbo and now J.D./Dr. Cox out there? If so then does that mean they are doctors and are pro town?

Are there more characters from different shows or are the rest muppets?

Is there a character from T.V. land that notoriously tells a joke with every line?

Does any of that matter? lol

FTR, I am not convinced JVoR is mafia, but I am not going to take my vote off him until he answers my question why he voted for BG and not CTM if he demands we vote him next if he is lynched.

I don't see anyone typing any filth, flarn, filth, and I'm offended that you called...**** you.

Eddie Murphy to the Coz after taking Richard Pryor advice in raw

I'm completely lost otherwise..

to review...

CTM & Vicious represent weird posting habits

RJF and Thor seem to have some kind of team, maybe doctors..

EY claims knowledge that he won't reveal

Jvor was anxious newb and posting alot but now has dissappeared

everyone else seems to be mostly sliding under the radar...

We have like 2 days before doggin random picks, nobody is posting on the weekend so that really leaves tomorrow. I propose we lynch the player whose contributed the least, if they are mafia they are skating by unnoticed, if they are townie they aren't helping scum hunt and really only serve to be fodder for Night kills.

This game is kind of dieing..

Q. What's blue and fluffy

A. Pink fluff holding it's breath

Eddie Murphy to the Coz after taking Richard Pryor advice in raw

I'm completely lost otherwise..

to review...

CTM & Vicious represent weird posting habits

RJF and Thor seem to have some kind of team, maybe doctors..

EY claims knowledge that he won't reveal

Jvor was anxious newb and posting alot but now has dissappeared

everyone else seems to be mostly sliding under the radar...

We have like 2 days before doggin random picks, nobody is posting on the weekend so that really leaves tomorrow. I propose we lynch the player whose contributed the least, if they are mafia they are skating by unnoticed, if they are townie they aren't helping scum hunt and really only serve to be fodder for Night kills.

This game is kind of dieing..

Q. What's blue and fluffy

A. Pink fluff holding it's breath

Im starting to agree with this logic.

1) JVoR

2) EY

3) Bleedin Green

4) Lil Mick

5) Irish

6) Uart

7) JiF

8) War Ensemble

9) Vicious

10) Rutgers

11) WoodyPaige

12)Thor 99

13) CTM

14) Jet Things

15) Norway

16) Double Down

Who is contributing the least?

Im starting to agree with this logic.

1) JVoR

2) EY

3) Bleedin Green

4) Lil Mick

5) Irish

6) Uart

7) JiF

8) War Ensemble

9) Vicious

10) Rutgers

11) WoodyPaige

12)Thor 99

13) CTM

14) Jet Things

15) Norway

16) Double Down

Who is contributing the least?

According to the post counts it's those guys..

I think Uart and Irish Jet are the most agregious non contribituors...

lets modprod them or vote em off.

What do you call a sheep with no legs?

A cloud

I find this sudden targeting of non-talking posters somewhat conspicuous. Could the mafia-men know that the majority of these are good or at least not fellow mafia guys?

ok, then give us some analysis..

out of all the posters, who are you suspicious of and why.

What do you call a camal with 3 humps?

Humphreys

ok, then give us some analysis..

out of all the posters, who are you suspicious of and why.

What do you call a camal with 3 humps?

Humphreys

I found that partnership between Thor and RJF somewhat odd, so I suppose it could be one of those partner role day job things that works on the townie's side and know each other only--an example of that was in the flash game.

I don't know how EY could be certain of so many things this early in the game...I don't know if he's calling a bluff or not but that could be leaning towards the mafia.

There were a few other posts that seemed suspicious, but I'd have to go back and look for them. Bandwagon voting looks odd because it could just be all the mobbies, for all I know. Pretty complicated stuff.

I'm changing my vote.

Vote: CTM

Obviously Mafia. No doubt in my mind.

no doubt huh?

me thinks you're going to feel real stupid when I turn up dead...

Care to explain why?

I found that partnership between Thor and RJF somewhat odd, so I suppose it could be one of those partner role day job things that works on the townie's side and know each other only--an example of that was in the flash game.

I don't know how EY could be certain of so many things this early in the game...I don't know if he's calling a bluff or not but that could be leaning towards the mafia.

There were a few other posts that seemed suspicious, but I'd have to go back and look for them. Bandwagon voting looks odd because it could just be all the mobbies, for all I know. Pretty complicated stuff

just give your 2 most suspicious and why..

What do cows do for entertainment?

They rent moovies !

As a quick note, it seems the more time goes on the more potential day role players that are being discovered. Off the top of my head, those who either clearly have roles or have at least been questioned as having one by some posters include:

CTM

Vicious

RJF

Thor

war ensemble

Assuming I haven't missed anyone and there isn't someone else we haven't caught onto, that's already 1/3 of the game. I think we can pretty safely write off any consideration that all of these players are on the same side (be it town or mafia). Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but I felt it needed to be said considering early on a lot of us were trying connections based solely on these roles or make determinations that people with obvious roles must be a townie, and I think at this point its clear we can't go by that theory. While there may be some connections amongst those with roles (RJF / Thor was mentioned as a possibility by some), its seriously doubtful that this many people are all connected and with it so obvious and out in the open.

I guess my point here is we shouldn't act based solely on these day actions. An assumption that this will tell us something about everyone with roles is a bit flawed, just as much as assuming that these people should be immune from lynching.

Wow, I guess you really can't have a life away from this forum to survive this game. LOL.

The reason I haven't really been "contributing" is because I don't feel I have much to contribute. I'm not very good at the whole Sherlock Holmes gig and I don't really have much of an idea over who to be suspicious of or not.

To be honest though I agree with War Ensemble in that I think it's two of the biggest "contributors" in this thread who are Mafia. Do I know that? No. But I just think that a Mafia member would have more motivation to get involved, to try and fit in with the crowd.

I voted CTM largely because of the "all guns blazing" type entrance which almost seemed to be a little over the top to me. On what little instinct I have I voted him, like I said before the stupid jokes he makes after every post were a factor too. In a game like this were the entire point is to trust no one and give nothing away you really have to grasp at straws to find something suspicious in what the other posters too. It's very easy to disguise it over an internet message board.

Vote Count:

JVoR (5) - EY, Rutgers, Thor, JiF, BG

Thor (4) - Jets Things, Vicious, WoodyPaige, Norway

BG (2) - Double Down, JVoR

CTM (2) - Irish, Uart

War Ensemble (1) - LilMick

Irish (1) - War Ensemble

With 16 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch

Day 1 ends 7:00pm Sat. Night

Vote Count:

JVoR (5) - EY, Rutgers, Thor, JiF, BG

Thor (4) - Jets Things, Vicious, WoodyPaige, Norway

CTM (3) - Irish, Uart, War Ensemble

BG (2) - Double Down, JVoR

War Ensemble (1) - LilMick

With 16 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch

Day 1 ends 7:00pm Sat. Night

If you don't get your act together with the quality of these jokes, I might just be compelled to vote for you. :biggrin:

Why buck the trend, once I publiclly contemplate voting for you, just become convinced of my guilt like the other sherlocks ;)

If a turtle doesnt have a shell, is it naked or homeless ?

Looking at this logically, if we want to make a decision and not have a random lynch chosen by doggin, we probably want to get this thing nailed down today / tonight, since participation is likely to be low tomorrow and swinging the votes may not be doable then. So right now it looks like our most likely lynch candidates are:

Thor

JVor

CTM

I plan on going back and looking through Thor's posts when I have a chance, but is there anything in particular about Thor that people want to get into it on why they've voted for him? It seems like the voting has piled up fast his way and the only items I've picked up from people were his previous lack of participation and his interactions with RJF. If anyone has anything that some of us may have missed, it may help to move things along in regard to other people's stance on him.

JVoR I'm currently voting for, but certainly not deadset against changing my mind on. At the time I voted, he was one of the few viable options and there were still a few shady things about his actions (i.e., coming out strong and then getting very defensive / nearly disappearing when question). However, its not this kind of stuff is uncommon early on from newer players and at this point I'm not sure he's coming across as a significant threat.

As far as CTM, personally I'd rather at least wait one more day on him. Having played with CTM before, I can tell you his current behavior doesn't necessarily mean anything about his status as this is the way he always plays the game. I don't think at this point he's a major threat unless people start following his word too closely (which I've seen happen before) and I feel like with a player who is so up front and out there all the time, we have more we could learn either way before going through with any kind of lynching. The trick here though is to realize he's very good at making arguments and not to get too caught up in his stance, regardless of what side he's on, since there's no way to know for sure he's right either way.

My last point is about the speed of pile-ups. JVoR has been in striking distance of death for a while (and even offered to put the last vote on himself), but enough votes never came. You think with how many mafia their likely are in this game, there would've been enough that they wouldn't even all need to vote for JVoR to put him over the edge, but it never happened. Meanwhile, Thor went from a virtual non-factor to tied for most votes very quickly. Its tough to try to read too much from it early on, but its something to keep an eye on. Of course, all this could mean right now is that the mafia is letting this play out naturally because we haven't come close to getting any of them yet and its tough to read that for sure on the first day, but its a trend to keep an eye on.

Looking at this logically, if we want to make a decision and not have a random lynch chosen by doggin, we probably want to get this thing nailed down today / tonight, since participation is likely to be low tomorrow and swinging the votes may not be doable then. So right now it looks like our most likely lynch candidates are:

Thor

JVor

CTM

I plan on going back and looking through Thor's posts when I have a chance, but is there anything in particular about Thor that people want to get into it on why they've voted for him? It seems like the voting has piled up fast his way and the only items I've picked up from people were his previous lack of participation and his interactions with RJF. If anyone has anything that some of us may have missed, it may help to move things along in regard to other people's stance on him.

JVoR I'm currently voting for, but certainly not deadset against changing my mind on. At the time I voted, he was one of the few viable options and there were still a few shady things about his actions (i.e., coming out strong and then getting very defensive / nearly disappearing when question). However, its not this kind of stuff is uncommon early on from newer players and at this point I'm not sure he's coming across as a significant threat.

As far as CTM, personally I'd rather at least wait one more day on him. Having played with CTM before, I can tell you his current behavior doesn't necessarily mean anything about his status as this is the way he always plays the game. I don't think at this point he's a major threat unless people start following his word too closely (which I've seen happen before) and I feel like with a player who is so up front and out there all the time, we have more we could learn either way before going through with any kind of lynching. The trick here though is to realize he's very good at making arguments and not to get too caught up in his stance, regardless of what side he's on, since there's no way to know for sure he's right either way.

My last point is about the speed of pile-ups. JVoR has been in striking distance of death for a while (and even offered to put the last vote on himself), but enough votes never came. You think with how many mafia their likely are in this game, there would've been enough that they wouldn't even all need to vote for JVoR to put him over the edge, but it never happened. Meanwhile, Thor went from a virtual non-factor to tied for most votes very quickly. Its tough to try to read too much from it early on, but its something to keep an eye on. Of course, all this could mean right now is that the mafia is letting this play out naturally because we haven't come close to getting any of them yet and its tough to read that for sure on the first day, but its a trend to keep an eye on.

Thor came into the game late, made some puzzling posts, and hasn't defended himself much when the votes started to pile up.

I am far from convinced that he is mafia, but if I had to choose between Thor and JVOR, I pick Thor. JVOR comes across to me as a newbie who was excited to play the game. I don't think he would have come out so aggressively if he was mafia. A newbie's first instinct as mafia would be to lay low. Who knows though, maybe he's getting coached up by more experienced mafia members to throw us off?

Archived