Bring back PENNINGTON !!

jales22

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we never made that dopey trade we would have won the divison and who knows after that? and we'd be in much better shape heading into this offseason.

Maybe. But the 4 interception drubbing at the hands of the Ravens would have still happened. How much proof do you Chadophiles need that he can't beat a tough defense. He faced one tough defense last year. And he lost to that defense twice.

No thanks.

Maybe. But the 4 interception drubbing at the hands of the Ravens would have still happened. How much proof do you Chadophiles need that he can't beat a tough defense. He faced one tough defense last year. And he lost to that defense twice.

No thanks.

I doubt it as we had much better weapons on O, Baltimore may have still won the game but life would have been alot easier w/ our grounf game, our TE and our WRs. Throwing to Davone bess and ted Ginn iwhile his running game gets 30 yds isn't exactly an ideal situation for a QB.

I doubt it as we had much better weapons on O, Baltimore may have still won the game but life would have been alot easier w/ our grounf game, our TE and our WRs. Throwing to Davone bess and ted Ginn iwhile his running game gets 30 yds isn't exactly an ideal situation for a QB.

Again, Chad has a proven ceiling. I am not interested in being competitive and making the playoffs. I am tired of the Herm/Mangini/Chad mentality of talking about how hard they practiced. Anything less than a SB is not a worthy goal. I don't know if Ryan will be a great coach. I don't know if Clemens/Ratliff or somebody they might draft will be a good NFL QB. I am just excited at the potential. I know what we had with Chad and it wasn't good enough.

Again, Chad has a proven ceiling. I am not interested in being competitive and making the playoffs. I am tired of the Herm/Mangini/Chad mentality of talking about how hard they practiced. Anything less than a SB is not a worthy goal. I don't know if Ryan will be a great coach. I don't know if Clemens/Ratliff or somebody they might draft will be a good NFL QB. I am just excited at the potential. I know what we had with Chad and it wasn't good enough.

Nothing is proven, w/ the right team around him he can win a SB. We were 1 missed kick away from the tirle game when Chad had a torn rotator cuff in his shoulder in 2004. Favre in his near 20 yr carere had only reached 2 SBs, people act like he won 4 and went to 6 and his last memory as a Packer was throwing a horrible INT that cost GB the NFC Title.

Nothing is proven, w/ the right team around him he can win a SB. We were 1 missed kick away from the tirle game when Chad had a torn rotator cuff in his shoulder in 2004. Favre in his near 20 yr carere had only reached 2 SBs, people act like he won 4 and went to 6 and his last memory as a Packer was throwing a horrible INT that cost GB the NFC Title.

I think it is well proven that Chad, no matter what is around him, can't beat a tough defense. In the 2004 playoffs, SD was hardly a great defense and against Pittsburgh, yes it was a tough loss to a team with a good defense, but it is not like Chad lit them up. Defense and special teams (other than O'Brien) kept them in the game.

I think it is well proven that Chad, no matter what is around him, can't beat a tough defense. In the 2004 playoffs, SD was hardly a great defense and against Pittsburgh, yes it was a tough loss to a team with a good defense, but it is not like Chad lit them up. Defense and special teams (other than O'Brien) kept them in the game.

Chad played that Pitt game w/ a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder. That is a big deal. Chad has never had SB talent around him, he elevated mediocre talent in Miami to win 11 games and a div title. If he had Manning's weapons he could win a SB.

And before this year it was a proven fact that Chad couldn't win more than 10 games in a year, Chad can't play in cold weather etc... Meanwhile last year Chad had his best statistical season in his NFL career, sooo things change and nothings a given.

And before this year it was a proven fact that Chad couldn't win more than 10 games in a year, Chad can't play in cold weather etc... Meanwhile last year Chad had his best statistical season in his NFL career, sooo things change and nothings a given.

Only thing that is a given... Chad blows it in the playoffs.

BZ

He wasn't bad at Pitt and he certainly wasn't bad at NE. The fluke turnover changed the game but our D couldn't stop Brady that day anyway.

He cost the team more points in Pitt then he scored for them with his INT. THe dude put up 3 points in a playoff game and that's good to you? NFW

Again in NE he turned it over 2 times leading to 14 points for NE, and only scored 16 (7 of which were on a broken coverage/long run by Cotch)

That fluke turnover was a bad play by Chad who after making it stood there like a moron as Vince Wilfork picked up the ball and ran with it. For a guy whose number 1 quality is supposed to be his smarts, wouldn't you say it was pretty damn stupid to no try and cover that ball.

He was terrible, don't rewrite history..

He cost the team more points in Pitt then he scored for them with his INT. THe dude put up 3 points in a playoff game and that's good to you? NFW

Again in NE he turned it over 2 times leading to 14 points for NE, and only scored 16 (7 of which were on a broken coverage/long run by Cotch)

That fluke turnover was a bad play by Chad who after making it stood there like a moron as Vince Wilfork picked up the ball and ran with it. For a guy whose number 1 quality is supposed to be his smarts, wouldn't you say it was pretty damn stupid to no try and cover that ball.

Your cold, hard facts will never erase the fond memories of Chadophiles. ;)

I dind't say he was good against pitt but he wasn't terrible. The man was playing w/ a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder on the road against the NFL's top ranked D and our K had 2 chances to win it.

At NE the 2nd TO was in garbage time, the fluky TO killed us. 99 out of 100 times that play is incomplete but that 1 time it was slightly backward and a fumble.

The irrational jet fans are the ones who re-write history acting like Chad sucked and was bad for this team when all he did was win for us.

I dind't say he was good against pitt but he wasn't terrible. The man was playing w/ a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder on the road against the NFL's top ranked D and our K had 2 chances to win it.

At NE the 2nd TO was in garbage time, the fluky TO killed us. 99 out of 100 times that play is incomplete but that 1 time it was slightly backward and a fumble.

The irrational jet fans are the ones who re-write history acting like Chad sucked and was bad for this team when all he did was win for us.

The hell it was. That pick-6 MADE the garbage time. We were very alive with a TD on that drive.

Leading the team to 3 points while throwing a pick that leads directly to 7 the other way is a terrible job. No if's and's or buts about it. His job is to score points and not turn the ball over, he failed miserably..

re: the injury, it didn't hamper him against Houston, Seattle and SD so it's no excuse. Besides, I recently watched my 65 year old father paint a townhouse with 2 torn cuffs, I think a proffesional athlete with a team of doctors and drugs could manage just fine

you do realize that it was Chad himself who through the ball "slightly" backwards right? Or that Chad stood there like a moron as the ball lay a few feet from him waiting to be scooped up by NE. This wasn't a fluke play, it was a brain dead play by an over rated QB.

And being down 14 with the ball and 6 minutes to go is only "garbage" time when the noodle arm is your QB. Did you watch Warner come back from a similiar deficit a few weeks ago against a far, far superior defense?

WHo said he sucked? At the end of the day, Chad's 6 seasons as starter here lead to 3 WC weekend playoff appearances, 3 seasons that were functionally over by Halloween and 3 horrifc playoff ending performances by Chad. That's not horrible, but it's certainly no reason to continue to hold a candle for the guy..

If becoming the only QB in the history of the NFL to lose a game in which his team scored both a defensive and special teams TD with the defense giving up only 17 points in regulation isn't considered "terrible", I don't know what is.

The hell it was. That pick-6 MADE the garbage time. We were very alive with a TD on that drive.

It was 30-16 w/ 5 mins left and we were on our 23 yd line. We were very alive?

Leading the team to 3 points while throwing a pick that leads directly to 7 the other way is a terrible job. No if's and's or buts about it. His job is to score points and not turn the ball over, he failed miserably..

The man was playing with a TORN ROTATOR CUFF IN HIS THROWING SHOULDER.

re: the injury, it didn't hamper him against Houston, Seattle and SD so it's no excuse. Besides, I recently watched my 65 year old father paint a townhouse with 2 torn cuffs, I think a proffesional athlete with a team of doctors and drugs could manage just fine

You are comparing paiting to playing an incredibly physical game against the best athletes in the World? Against lesser D's who didn't have the speed of Pitt it didn't hurt him but the extra time it took for balls to get where thye needed to go against a D like Pitt made the injury a huge factor.

you do realize that it was Chad himself who through the ball "slightly" backwards right? Or that Chad stood there like a moron as the ball lay a few feet from him waiting to be scooped up by NE. This wasn't a fluke play, it was a brain dead play by an over rated QB.

I do, it looked like a forward pass. 99 out of 100 times that will be called incomplete.

WHo said he sucked? At the end of the day, Chad's 6 seasons as starter here lead to 3 WC weekend playoff appearances, 3 seasons that were functionally over by Halloween and 3 horrifc playoff ending performances by Chad. That's not horrible, but it's certainly no reason to continue to hold a candle for the guy

Those 3 bad seasons all happened when he was hurt, in his 4 healthy years as a starter he has led his teams to 2 div titles and 2 more WC berths so he is 4 for 4 in seaosn he has has started at least 3/4 of games.

It's not horrible, it's the BEST we have ever had with the Jets. NO other Jets QB started in 3 postseasons but we prefer our QBs to have strong arms and miss the playoffs.

If becoming the only QB in the history of the NFL to lose a game in which his team scored both a defensive and special teams TD with the defense giving up only 17 points in regulation isn't considered "terrible", I don't know what is.

Terrible is what Favre did to us the last 5 weeks.

Bringing Favre into the discussion is a tremendous cop out, as he had nothing to do with Pennington's piss-poor play against the Steelers.

The fact is that he lost a game that was handed to him on a silver platter by the likes of Santana Moss, Reggie Tongue, and the entire defense. If Pennington manages more than 3 points on offense in that game, the Jets win. Blaming Doug Brien for missing two 40+ yard FG's in the toughest stadium in the NFL to kick in is simply deflecting the blame from the real culprit.

He played terribly. Period.

Bringing Favre into the discussion is a tremendous cop out, as he had nothing to do with Pennington's piss-poor play against the Steelers.

The fact is that he lost a game that was handed to him on a silver platter by the likes of Santana Moss, Reggie Tongue, and the entire defense. If Pennington manages more than 3 points on offense in that game, the Jets win. Blaming Doug Brien for missing two 40+ yard FG's in the toughest stadium in the NFL to kick in is simply deflecting the blame from the real culprit.

He played terribly. Period.

He didn't lose the game, the Kicker did. W/ all that happened in that game w/ our O our K had TWO chances at makeable FGs and missed both chances.

That Stadium isn't that difficult to kick in, many kickers have made kicks into that EZ from longer than where Brien missed. That is pure BS. The man missed a 43 yarder by inches, if he kicked the ball the same way from 47 he easily would have made it.

It was 30-16 w/ 5 mins left and we were on our 23 yd line. We were very alive?

I remember more than 5 minutes. More like 6 if I recall.

And, yes, the game is far from over. If we score a TD there in 2 minutes. That means we are down 1 TD with 4 minutes left, some timeouts, and the 2 minute warning to stop the clock.

That is still being VERY alive.

He didn't lose the game, the Kicker did. W/ all that happened in that game w/ our O our K had TWO chances at makeable FGs and missed both chances.

That Stadium isn't that difficult to kick in, many kickers have made kicks into that EZ from longer than where Brien missed. That is pure BS. The man missed a 43 yarder by inches, if he kicked the ball the same way from 47 he easily would have made it.

Well, all this aside, the fact is Chad is never coming back to the Jets. I know this is hard to accept. My suggestion is for you to take matters into your own hands. Become a Dolphins fan. The you will find peace and happiness. :rolleyes:

You are comparing paiting to playing an incredibly physical game against the best athletes in the World? Against lesser D's who didn't have the speed of Pitt it didn't hurt him but the extra time it took for balls to get where thye needed to go against a D like Pitt made the injury a huge factor.

I'm also comparing a 65 year old couch potato to a professional athlete. Hence the realtive difficulty of the tasks..

And Chad has never scored an offensive TD against Pitts, healthy or not, Maybe the problem is chad, not his injury.

I do, it looked like a forward pass. 99 out of 100 times that will be called incomplete.

Maybe Cause 99 times out of 100 the QB doesn't throw the ball backwards in that spot. If any person on that field should have none forward/backward or close enough to be safe, it was Chad. Instead he stood there like a moron while some fat body lumbered over and picked it..

Those 3 bad seasons all happened when he was hurt, in his 4 healthy years as a starter he has led his teams to 2 div titles and 2 more WC berths so he is 4 for 4 in seaosn he has has started at least 3/4 of games.

So now we write off 2007 because of injury too? Nice.

Fine, the fact still remains that a QB's first job is to be out on the field. If you can't stay out on the field you aren't doing your job and you serve no purpose. Period.

WHat you are saying is no different then Herm saying he makes the playoffs ever year his starting QB doesn't get hurt. Can I assume you want Herm back as well?

It's not horrible, it's the BEST we have ever had with the Jets. NO other Jets QB started in 3 postseasons but we prefer our QBs to have strong arms and miss the playoffs.

It has also come after the rebiurth of this franchise under the white witch parcells.

But I can play this game as well, thje Jets never had a QB with 3 terrible playoff performances either..

the dude is marty schottenheimer. Play it close to the vest, keep mistakes low and wait for the other team to screw up. With a weak schedule in a parity driven league, this formula gets you to the playoffs time and time again but it almost never gets you a ring and with Chad never positioned us as legitimate contenders..

Much better we sneak in on tie breakers then get raped on our homefield like Miami? Been there done that.. pass

Archived