Bring back PENNINGTON !!

jales22

I know we'd have zero shot to beat either the Steelers or Ravens.

You don't think, just maybe, our O-line, filled with Mangold, Faneca,Brick and FB Tony Richardson, just might break The leading afc rusher open on that very day.

You don't think the team with the leading afc rusher acn say, "Guys, today we own the lin of scrimmage"

and maybe dump a little screen off to Leon "playmaker" Washington. Or leon runs one back.

Or Revis picks of rookie Flacco.

You may be ABSOLUTELY right! But I know a guy named "Joe" who might disagree with you.

lol

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't think, just maybe, our O-line, filled with Mangold, Faneca,Brick and FB Tony Richardson, just might break The leading afc rusher open on that very day.

You don't think the team with the leading afc rusher acn say, "Guys, today we own the lin of scrimmage"

and maybe dump a little screen off to Leon "playmaker" Washington. Or leon runs one back.

Or Revis picks of rookie Flacco.

You may be ABSOLUTELY right! But I know a guy named "Joe" who might disagree with you.

lol

lol. Man, this team had a fluke playoff win giftwrapped with a bow in 2004 and we still blew it. Lightning never strikes twice. Especially for this franchise.

What's your excuse for Chad against Baltimore? Or Oakland? Or was it Brett Favre's fault?

Chad was bad against Oak and Baltimore BUT his teammates didn't show up either. At Oak Coles and Chrebet dropped multiple passes including would be TDs, they also had bad penalties. Miami had no running game against Baltimore and his WRs were Devone Bess and Ted Ginn- what QB could beat that D w/ thos weapons?

Chad was bad against Oak and Baltimore BUT his teammates didn't show up either. At Oak Coles and Chrebet dropped multiple passes including would be TDs, they also had bad penalties. Miami had no running game against Baltimore and his WRs were Devone Bess and Ted Ginn- what QB could beat that D w/ thos weapons?

Wasnt there a Chad handbook for excuses?

Wasnt blame someone else for Chad sucking at the top?

I would exclude the word knowledgable. Any truly knowledgable fan would be fine having Chad as their QB. You knowledgable fans must have had a great time watching Chad win the AFC East in the meadowlands w/ a team that was nearly winless a year ago. You must be the same knowledgable crew that wanted Brett Favre.

:rl::rl:

deep breath...

:rl::rl:

I just have to say that this is the dumbest thread ever... Chad sucked on a regular basis. Nice guy? yes. Super Bowl quarterback? never. Do you know what never means? he will attempt zero passes and will pass for zero yards in any super bowl from now till the end of time. I'm glad he's gone and I wish him the best in all sincerity.

This off season (the whole month of it) has already been crazy. We're looking to the future here not the past. The Pennington Era ended with the whiffed field goal in Pittsburgh 3 years ago.

I don't know what this means. Can you translate that 2nd sentence to English please?:)

excuses... they are all you have... Well.... that and blatant hypocrisy..

You rip of Favre for his play the last 5 games, ignoring the fact that he had a torn muscle in his throwing arm, yet you are willing to excuse away entire seasons for Chad based on his boo boos. How is that a consistant position?

You are a chad fan first and foremost and it's sad frankly..

You rip of Favre for his play the last 5 games, ignoring the fact that he had a torn muscle in his throwing arm, yet you are willing to excuse away entire seasons for Chad based on his boo boos. How is that a consistant position?

Favre's arm was fine, it was his head and throwing to places he shouldn't have.

I am Jet fan first and foremost, I want to win. Any sane person knew the Chad for Favre swap was an asinine move a month before the season.

If graded on the Chad curve, Favre's 2008 season may very well be the greatest performance by a quarterback in NFL history!

I am Jet fan first and foremost, I want to win. Any sane person knew the Chad for Favre swap was an asinine move a month before the season.

Says you. I thought it was a great move then and I still think so now. Even with Favre gone, the move allowed us to move Chad, an otherwise seemingly impossible task, which was an absolute necessity for this team to ever achieve legitimate NFL success.

So, you are certain that Favre's arm was fine and also certain that Chad's ankle was so bad in 2007 that it was entirely to blame for his pathetic performances..

Yeah, this is pointless.. You are a Chadlover who has ceased using his brain..

The man was playing with a TORN ROTATOR CUFF IN HIS THROWING SHOULDER.

If you step on the field, there are no excuses with regard to injury. You're hurt? Then sit out... Quincy Carter did a fine job with the team that season.

Terrible is what Favre did to us the last 5 weeks.

Favre had a torn bicep in his throwing arm, no?

Where's all the excuses for him?

Bottom line, Chad fractured his vagina a long time ago, he's nothing.

Maybe Cause 99 times out of 100 the QB doesn't throw the ball backwards in that spot. If any person on that field should have none forward/backward or close enough to be safe, it was Chad. Instead he stood there like a moron while some fat body lumbered over and picked it..

I thought smart players play to the whistle?

Says you. I thought it was a great move then and I still think so now. Even with Favre gone, the move allowed us to move Chad, an otherwise seemingly impossible task, which was an absolute necessity for this team to ever achieve legitimate NFL success.

The Jets released Chad, how was moving him impossible? It was a necessity for us to move Chad to achieve legit success again? That's funny, how did we achieve legit success last year? I saw a 1 win team he took over win 11 games and win our division. Keep in mind that since the NE AFC East dynasty began in 2001 the only non-NE div titles were led by Chad Pennington.

So, you are certain that Favre's arm was fine and also certain that Chad's ankle was so bad in 2007 that it was entirely to blame for his pathetic performances..

Yeah, this is pointless.. You are a Chadlover who has ceased using his brain..

You could easily see it on the field. Favre wasn't struggling we/ his arm strength, he was throwing in double-triple coverage. Throwing the ball up for grabs, making poor reads.

If you step on the field, there are no excuses with regard to injury. You're hurt? Then sit out... Quincy Carter did a fine job with the team that season.

Favre had a torn bicep in his throwing arm, no?

Where's all the excuses for him?

Bottom line, Chad fractured his vagina a long time ago, he's nothing.

Yes Quincy did an amazing job when Chad was out those 3 games. In those 3 games he led us to a 2-1 record w/ the 2 wins coming again st Mighty Arizona and Cleveland.

-led us to 10 pts against Cleveland, the following 2 weeks the Browns gave up 58 and 42 points.

-led us to 13 at Arizona. The week before and the 2 weeks after Ari gave up an average of 31.

Yes Quincy did an amazing job when Chad was out those 3 games. In those 3 games he led us to a 2-1 record w/ the 2 wins coming again st Mighty Arizona and Cleveland.

-led us to 10 pts against Cleveland, the following 2 weeks the Browns gave up 58 and 42 points.

-led us to 13 at Arizona. The week before and the 2 weeks after Ari gave up an average of 31.

How come when we talk about Chad, it's just about wins, not about how they came? Yet, with Carter, it's about points scored?

So, if we're going to talk about wins, we could also say that had our head coach not decided that up 14 against a great defensive team, we would have Lamont Jordan throw his first career pass near the end of the 1st half, we'd have won all three games.

And, Chad Pennington's offense, with the league leading rusher, was still not in the top half of the league in scoring that season.

Oh, and if Chad had managed to 'lead us to 10 points' or 'lead us to 13 points' against Pittsburgh, we'd have won.

But, oh yeah, he was hurt.... but apparently only in that game, not against San Diego or against Seattle, only when it could be used as an excuse. The idea, that you propose, that he was too hurt to play Pittsburgh, but not to hurt to play other teams is really, really stupid.

time to bump my "F---k you Favre" post- circa aug 08 ? Dammit, though, I cracked under the pressure of the lynch mob and watching Favre's gun.

I knew it was wrong, omly because I liked Chad and, I suspected that this offense, in it's third year of building FOR chad pennington, would go a month before the season number 3 and get his exact opposite: an unpoised loose cannon with a rifle arm, all talent, no brains, rather than a poised controlled high percentage vetren smart game manager. AND MAKE NO CHANGES, i was right...but we couldn't know a vet like him could be that dumb, and that BAD in december(of course, it was a fact already)

Funny thing, in the millions of "Favre higthlight montages" he will represent the jets, in their traditional dirty Blue and Gold. Those are the games they'll show. His 2 best performances (6 td s)

everyone will think he went to the rams and played in mud. lol

You could easily see it on the field. Favre wasn't struggling we/ his arm strength, he was throwing in double-triple coverage. Throwing the ball up for grabs, making poor reads.

O Rly? I guess you missed all the baloons he threw to Coles deep that were picked off. Do you understand the difference in outcome an underthrown and a perfectly thrown deep ball can have? 1 means 6, the other means INT. Again, please don't try and play objective here, it's clear you are not..

(playoffs included)

In 2002 the Jets were 0-6 with Chad when the opposing team scores 20 or more

In 2003 the Jets were 1-5 with Chad when the opposing team scores 20 or more

In 2004 the Jets were 2-4 with Chad when the opposing team scores 20 or more

In 2005 the Jets were 0-2 with Chad when the opposing team scores 20 or more

In 2006 the Jets were 2-6 with Chad when the opposing team scores 20 or more

In 2007 the Jets were 1-4 with Chad when the opposing team scores 20 or more

In 2008 Miami was 1-6 with Chad when opposing team scores 20 or more.

For his career, Chad is 7-33 when needing to score 3 TD's to win the game..

Chad = pathetic

Your point = fail

(playoffs included)

Chad = pathetic

Your point = fail

Wow.

Some day I hope to pwn a message board competitor the way you just pwned your's right here.

We're not worthy. :bowsinadmiration:

O Rly? I guess you missed all the baloons he threw to Coles deep that were picked off. Do you understand the difference in outcome an underthrown and a perfectly thrown deep ball can have? 1 means 6, the other means INT. Again, please don't try and play objective here, it's clear you are not..

(playoffs included)

Chad = pathetic

Your point = fail

Holy ****. This is a Chad fact even I was completely unaware of AND am completely shocked by. That's not just bad, that is absolutely pathetic. I mean, I felt like I knew this already concept about Chad as a general rule, but you figure the odds are it would have worked out a little better than this, even on random flukes and stuff like that. But a 17.5% win percentage when opposing teams score 20+ points? Wow. Even I am floored by this.

(playoffs included)

Chad = pathetic

Your point = fail

This illustrates Chad's limitation so well. It is great when you can manage a team that has a good defense and running attack. But sometimes you have to win shootouts. Chad can't do that as this proves. And when you play in the same division as Tom Brady, you better be able to win shootouts. Of course, when he misses the season and you play the softest schedule in the league, you win the division. That isn't happening again.

(playoffs included)

Chad = pathetic

Your point = fail

epic-win.jpg

This illustrates Chad's limitation so well. It is great when you can manage a team that has a good defense and running attack. But sometimes you have to win shootouts. Chad can't do that as this proves. And when you play in the same division as Tom Brady, you better be able to win shootouts. Of course, when he misses the season and you play the softest schedule in the league, you win the division. That isn't happening again.

Its not even about shootouts. In no way is 20 points anywhere close to being a shootout. We're talking decent to good opposing offensive performances, that's it. And even just THAT he clearly seems nearly completely incapable of.

Its not even about shootouts. In no way is 20 points anywhere close to being a shootout. We're talking decent to good opposing offensive performances, that's it. And even just THAT he clearly seems nearly completely incapable of.

CTM has (or should have) just driven a stake through the heart of Chad arguments for good.

Done. No more Chad arguments allowed. We are all free'd.

I was being kind. You are being realistic. So really, to recap Chad, he can't beat tough defenses and he can't stay with decent to good opposing offensive performances. So when you provide with the softest schedule in the NFL, and all of the right breaks and gimmick plays, he can lead a team to an 11-5 record and get blown out in the first round of the playoffs. That is the best he can possibly do.

But then, most of us already knew that.

To give you an idea of how truly pathetic the stats are that CTM posted a little bit earlier, consider this:

1. During the 2008 season 23 of 32 NFL offense's averaged over 20 points per game.

2. During the 2008 season only 9 of 32 NFL defenses's averaged less than 20 points per game allowed.

So essentially, Chad is a player who needs to be facing a team performing as a bottom 9 offense and/or playing on a team performing as a top 9 defense in order to win nearly ANY game.

Archived