Bring back PENNINGTON !!

jales22

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
many kickers have made kicks into that EZ from longer than where Brien missed.

Actually, the only FG made in the playoffs by a visiting kicker of 43+ yards was by Adam Vinatieri, a future HOF'er.

No kick of over 50 yards has ever been converted in that stadium during an NFL game, let alone in the cold of January.

I suppose you're right... it's an easy place to kick FG's.

do we really care what games chad was good in/bad in? Do we really care that he lost playoff games (so has Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Brett Favre, etc.). Bottom line, we would have been better off keeping chad and leaving Brett in GB. We'd still have Chad as an insurance policy/mentor, the phins would be staring 3-13 in the face, and, should we find a better QB option in training camp--we'd still have Chad's trade value and could hand-pick his next destination. Instead we handicapped our offense by dumbing it down dramatically and watched Pennington take a 1-15 team to a wildcard birth, beating us on the way. Stupid, stupid personnel move. I've maintained that since it happened.

do we really care what games chad was good in/bad in? Do we really care that he lost playoff games (so has Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Brett Favre, etc.). Bottom line, we would have been better off keeping chad and leaving Brett in GB. We'd still have Chad as an insurance policy/mentor, the phins would be staring 3-13 in the face, and, should we find a better QB option in training camp--we'd still have Chad's trade value and could hand-pick his next destination. Instead we handicapped our offense by dumbing it down dramatically and watched Pennington take a 1-15 team to a wildcard birth, beating us on the way. Stupid, stupid personnel move. I've maintained that since it happened.

I agree...we were in the midst of having Josh Mcown as our starting QB last year...how quick things can change.

Instead we handicapped our offense by dumbing it down dramatically and watched Pennington take a 1-15 team to a wildcard birth, beating us on the way. Stupid, stupid personnel move. I've maintained that since it happened.

that handicapped offense was only a ton more productive then anythign the noodle arm ever put together.. so yeah, that makes sense..

that handicapped offense was only a ton more productive then anythign the noodle arm ever put together.. so yeah, that makes sense..

So, in your opinion, releasing Chad without compensation to a division rival that won the AFCE was actually a stroke of genius. I'm guessing you were a huge Terry Bradway fan.

Also--by all accounts, the dumbed-down offense was this team's undoing late in the season, when defenses figured out what few plays we were running and were able to diagnose them more easily. Brett didn't suddenly suck. Our offense was exposed.

It was 30-16 w/ 5 mins left and we were on our 23 yd line. We were very alive?

The man was playing with a TORN ROTATOR CUFF IN HIS THROWING SHOULDER.

You are comparing paiting to playing an incredibly physical game against the best athletes in the World? Against lesser D's who didn't have the speed of Pitt it didn't hurt him but the extra time it took for balls to get where thye needed to go against a D like Pitt made the injury a huge factor.

I do, it looked like a forward pass. 99 out of 100 times that will be called incomplete.

Those 3 bad seasons all happened when he was hurt, in his 4 healthy years as a starter he has led his teams to 2 div titles and 2 more WC berths so he is 4 for 4 in seaosn he has has started at least 3/4 of games.

It's not horrible, it's the BEST we have ever had with the Jets. NO other Jets QB started in 3 postseasons but we prefer our QBs to have strong arms and miss the playoffs.

Terrible is what Favre did to us the last 5 weeks.

What weak pitiful excuses for your hero - a dildo who couldnt even get us into the redzone the whole game. Yep - it was all on Doug Brien. Pathetic

I remember more than 5 minutes. More like 6 if I recall.

And, yes, the game is far from over. If we score a TD there in 2 minutes. That means we are down 1 TD with 4 minutes left, some timeouts, and the 2 minute warning to stop the clock.

That is still being VERY alive.

Does 5 or 6 make a huge difference? By the way, we our first pklay was run w/ 5:10 to play and the Samuel scored w/ under 5 mins left.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29184&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2006&week=POST18&override=true

Well, all this aside, the fact is Chad is never coming back to the Jets. I know this is hard to accept. My suggestion is for you to take matters into your own hands. Become a Dolphins fan. The you will find peace and happiness. :rolleyes:

I know Cha disn't coming back, I didn't say he was. I was pointing out the huge mistake we made trading for Favre and releasing Chad.

I'm also comparing a 65 year old couch potato to a professional athlete. Hence the realtive difficulty of the tasks..

And Chad has never scored an offensive TD against Pitts, healthy or not, Maybe the problem is chad, not his injury.

Maybe Cause 99 times out of 100 the QB doesn't throw the ball backwards in that spot. If any person on that field should have none forward/backward or close enough to be safe, it was Chad. Instead he stood there like a moron while some fat body lumbered over and picked it..

So now we write off 2007 because of injury too? Nice.

Fine, the fact still remains that a QB's first job is to be out on the field. If you can't stay out on the field you aren't doing your job and you serve no purpose. Period.

WHat you are saying is no different then Herm saying he makes the playoffs ever year his starting QB doesn't get hurt. Can I assume you want Herm back as well?

It has also come after the rebiurth of this franchise under the white witch parcells.

But I can play this game as well, thje Jets never had a QB with 3 terrible playoff performances either..

the dude is marty schottenheimer. Play it close to the vest, keep mistakes low and wait for the other team to screw up. With a weak schedule in a parity driven league, this formula gets you to the playoffs time and time again but it almost never gets you a ring and with Chad never positioned us as legitimate contenders..

Much better we sneak in on tie breakers then get raped on our homefield like Miami? Been there done that.. pass

That play was so close, it's ridiculous to blame him especially when our D couldn't stop the NE O. That play easily could have been called incomplete.

2007 he played w/ 2 torn ligaments in his ankle and we had an awful OL. We saw what he did w/ a decent OL, we had a better OL and much better weapons than Miami. We woould have beent he team winning the div if he stayed.

Who cares when it came? The fact is he is the ONLY Jets QB to start in 3 different postseasons and did you notcie he left and made the postseason while we supposedly brought in a better QB and missed the playoffs?

When did we lose on our homefield in postseason w/ Chad? We only played 1 home game and won it 41-0 and we never lost badly in postseason w/ Chad at QB.

Actually, the only FG made in the playoffs by a visiting kicker of 43+ yards was by Adam Vinatieri, a future HOF'er.

No kick of over 50 yards has ever been converted in that stadium during an NFL game, let alone in the cold of January.

I suppose you're right... it's an easy place to kick FG's.

How many misses of 43+ yards?

Kicks over 40 yds at heinz field in postseason by visiting Kicker:

2001 vs. bal: 0-0

2001 vs. NE: 0-1, Vinatieri missed from 50

2002 vs. Cle: 0-0

2004 vs. NYJ: 0-2

2004 vs. NE: 1-1, 48 yds

2007 vs. Jax: 0-1, Scobee msised from 46

2008 vs. SD: 1-1, Kaeding hit from 42

2008 vs. Bal: 0-0

A grand total 4 kicks besides Doug brien and the other kickers hit at a 50% clip. If Brien hit 50% that day we would have won and Brien missed 1 of his kicks from 43, the 2 other missed kicks were from 46 and 50.

Terrible is what Favre did to us the last 5 weeks.

LOL LOL

aka- I have no other way to defend Chad, so Im going to bring something completely irrelevant to the conversation to hopefully take the attention off of Chadwick's sucktitude.

What a piss poor way to deflect the attention off of Chad. Throw Brett Favre into the conversation when he had absolutely nothing to do with the Pittsburgh loss. Go root for the Dolphins, or perhaps Herm's tv career.

That was probably the most embarrassing post I've ever seen here.

This thread has made my day at work tolerable :cheers:

Why?

90% of the thread is some of this board's most knowledgable posters discussing how they would rather pass kidney stones, reverse insert kidney stones, oil up naked fat men, or have their bowels disassembled rather than have YOUR QB as our QB again.

LOL LOL

aka- I have no other way to defend Chad, so Im going to bring something completely irrelevant to the conversation to hopefully take the attention off of Chadwick's sucktitude.

What a piss poor way to deflect the attention off of Chad. Throw Brett Favre into the conversation when he had absolutely nothing to do with the Pittsburgh loss. Go root for the Dolphins, or perhaps Herm's tv career.

I have defended Chad quite well, it's not my fault irrational fans tend to look the other way w/ the facts b/c they dislike Chad.

Just pay attention and learn instead of criticizing.

Why?

90% of the thread is some ofg this board's most knowledgable posters discussing how they would rather pass kidney stones, reverse insert kidney stones, oil up naked fat men, or have their bowels disesembeled rather than have YOUR QB as our QB again.

I would exclude the word knowledgable. Any truly knowledgable fan would be fine having Chad as their QB. You knowledgable fans must have had a great time watching Chad win the AFC East in the meadowlands w/ a team that was nearly winless a year ago. You must be the same knowledgable crew that wanted Brett Favre.

I would exclude the word knowledgable. Any truly knowledgable fan would be fine having Chad as their QB. You knowledgable fans must have had a great time watching Chad win the AFC East in the meadowlands w/ a team that was nearly winless a year ago. You must be the same knowledgable crew that wanted Brett Favre.

Making the playoffs is nice, winning the Super Bowl is the goal. Without every single star in the galaxy aligning all at once, Chad Pennington will never win a Super Bowl.

I'll tell you what though, if he ever did make it to one I would root for him to win it, I just know that the chance of it happening is eqivalent to Lloyd's Christmas' chance of hooking up with Mary Swanson.

I have defended Chad quite well, it's not my fault irrational fans tend to look the other way w/ the facts b/c they dislike Chad.

Just pay attention and learn instead of criticizing.

But dont you critcize Arod for his lack of clutch play in October?

You seem to convince yourself that Chad has played well in the playoffs, when its blatantly obvious he has struggled(especially against fast aggressive defenses).

Irrational fans?

99% of this board would reiterate what I'm saying. You're the irrational one. Put down the Chad pom pom's for once. He's a Dolphin. And he still can't beat a good defense.

Any truly knowlegable fan would tell you that you have absolutely zero clue what you are talking about.

Condescending aint a good look for you. Especially when you're defending Chad Pennington. A guy who cant beat a good defense.

Why?

90% of the thread is some of this board's most knowledgable posters discussing how they would rather pass kidney stones, reverse insert kidney stones, oil up naked fat men, or have their bowels disassembled rather than have YOUR QB as our QB again.

Meanwhile the Jets are turning over every single rock trying to find a veteran QB... IDK about you, but Chad is a better option than Bulger or Vick or Collins or any of the other journeymen QB's being brought up as possible Jet replacements.

Meanwhile the Jets are turning over every single rock trying to find a veteran QB... IDK about you, but Chad is a better option than Bulger or Vick or Collins or any of the other journeymen QB's being brought up as possible Jet replacements.

It really makes no difference. With Chad, you're permanently delaying the inevitable. He is incapable on winning a Super Bowl.

Making the playoffs is nice, winning the Super Bowl is the goal. Without every single star in the galaxy aligning all at once, Chad Pennington will never win a Super Bowl.

I'll tell you what though, if he ever did make it to one I would root for him to win it, I just know that the chance of it happening is eqivalent to Lloyd's Christmas' chance of hooking up with Mary Swanson.

Absolutely but do you have a better chance of reaching a Super Bowl winning your division and making the playoffs or by missing the playoffs?

But dont you critcize Arod for his lack of clutch play in October?

You seem to convince yourself that Chad has played well in the playoffs, when its blatantly obvious he has struggled(especially against fast aggressive defenses).

Irrational fans?

99% of this board would reiterate what I'm saying. You're the irrational one. Put down the Chad pom pom's for once. He's a Dolphin. And he still can't beat a good defense.

ARod is supposed to be the best player in baseball, is Chad supposed to be the best QB in the NFL? You think the same standard should apply? and Chad has had GOOD postseason games for the Jets, ARos has 1 RBI in his last 16 postseason games!

I don't care what the % is, just b/c it is a majority doesn;'t make it right. 99% wanted favre too, how did that work out?

Any truly knowlegable fan would tell you that you have absolutely zero clue what you are talking about.

Condescending aint a good look for you. Especially when you're defending Chad Pennington. A guy who cant beat a good defense.

You stick w/ your majority, i'll have original thoughts and back them up w/ facts.

It really makes no difference. With Chad, you're permanently delaying the inevitable. He is incapable on winning a Super Bowl.

and 13 months ago you thought Eli Manning could win a SB too, right? you though Brad Johnson could win one, Trent Dilfer,... Please stop it. Chad hasn't played w/ a SB caliber team yet. When he has one around him he'll have a shot, he elevated ateam that was nearly winless in 2007 and won ELEVEN games w/ them!

Absolutely but do you have a better chance of reaching a Super Bowl winning your division and making the playoffs or by missing the playoffs?

ARod is supposed to be the best player in baseball, is Chad supposed to be the best QB in the NFL? You think the same standard should apply? and Chad has had GOOD postseason games for the Jets, ARos has 1 RBI in his last 16 postseason games!

I don't care what the % is, just b/c it is a majority doesn;'t make it right. 99% wanted favre too, how did that work out?

You stick w/ your majority, i'll have original thoughts and back them up w/ facts.

and 13 months ago you thought Eli Manning could win a SB too, right? you though Brad Johnson could win one, Trent Dilfer,... Please stop it. Chad hasn't played w/ a SB caliber team yet. When he has one around him he'll have a shot, he elevated ateam that was nearly winless in 2007 and won ELEVEN games w/ them!

:rolleyes:

Johnnyhector spelled it out pretty clearly. Chad was the only QB to ever not win a game while being blessed with a defensive TD and a special teams TD and you decide to throw Brett Favre into the mix.

Some facts.

Maybe he is a better overall QB than those guys, but he's not a better option for the Jets. Sometimes players wear out their welcome with teams, and that is the case with Chad and the Jets. The Jets were completely incapable of moving forward any further than they already had with Chad and needed to move on. I'm still extraordinarily glad he's gone and he needs to stay gone.

The same thing will happen with the Dolphins in time, although to their credit, they've been smart enough to avoid the temptation to sign him to a long term extension. Perhaps your team has caught onto his act and are hoping Henne will be ready to take over at some point next season or at the beginning of the 2010 season and they won't have to rely on Chad as the future starter. Because trust me, unless you're a clueless blind homer in another 1, 2 or maybe 3 years, you'll be as sick and tired of Chad's act as most Jets fans became.

LOL LOL

Not even close. :P

Aren't you glad it's not your problem ? :P

Maybe he is a better overall QB than those guys, but he's not a better option for the Jets. Sometimes players wear out their welcome with teams, and that is the case with Chad and the Jets. The Jets were completely incapable of moving forward any further than they already had with Chad and needed to move on. I'm still extraordinarily glad he's gone and he needs to stay gone.

The same thing will happen with the Dolphins in time, although to their credit, they've been smart enough to avoid the temptation to sign him to a long term extension. Perhaps your team has caught onto his act and are hoping Henne will be ready to take over at some point next season or at the beginning of the 2010 season and they won't have to rely on Chad as the future starter. Because trust me, unless you're a clueless blind homer in another 1, 2 or maybe 3 years, you'll be as sick and tired of Chad's act as most Jets fans became.

And even with this being said, there is ZERO PROOF the Jets are "turning over every stone looking for a veteran QB."

Reports hit that guys like Bulger, Garcia, and Anderson are availalbe and hacks like Cimini and his crew of flunkies automatically say, "The Jets could be/should be interested."

Until there is a valid post that says, "Jets set to meet with agent for Marc Bulger," don't believe ANY OF IT! These guys need crap to write about. Period.

Glad y'all are happy with him. If'n I was you guys - I'd lock him up with a large multi-year contract. Don't worry about making it heavy with incentives based on his production. Chad has a lot of intangibles that you just can't put a price on. Guarantee it all to him upfront - after all - he's a warrior.

And even with this being said, there is ZERO PROOF the Jets are "turning over every stone looking for a veteran QB."

Reports hit that guys like Bulger, Garcia, and Anderson are availalbe and hacks like Cimini and his crew of flunkies automatically say, "The Jets could be/should be interested."

Until there is a valid post that says, "Jets set to meet with agent for Marc Bulger," don't believe ANY OF IT! These guys need crap to write about. Period.

I agree that the beat writers have been pulling crap out of their asses, and I don't take anything they say seriously, but I also don't think its far-fetched to assume the Jets will look to at least bring a veteran QB into the mix in training camp, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. However, that doesn't mean that the Jets are overly concerned about it or whoever they do bring in is destined to be the starter.

And in the end, it sure as hell doesn't mean the Jets should've kept Chad, that's for certain.

:rolleyes:

Johnnyhector spelled it out pretty clearly. Chad was the only QB to ever not win a game while being blessed with a defensive TD and a special teams TD and you decide to throw Brett Favre into the mix.

Some facts.

and he played the game w/ a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder watching his K miss not 1 but TWO makebale FGs to win the game.

defending Chad is so passe,forget it, he's a fish, who cares.................

but you do have to wonder, if he went 10-6 with Kevan Barlow, and that Ridiculous 4-3 defense trying to play 3-4, looking like punks, and the O-line that was a a seed of what it has become. That little kitten O-line that is now a Lion,

with another year of 2006 "genius" BSchott's "made for Chad Offense", what we would have done with Chad at the helm last year.

He was healthy all year, would've had the leading afc rusher, quite an upgrade from "KB", would've had a monster O-line and a REAL 3-4 defense on the other side of the ball. Leon +2 years, Coles(his BF) and Cotch, and a new kid named Keller(safety valve for the noodle.

Yeah who knows?????

But, hey back to reality, we got Favre, he didn't adapt to the Pennington offense well and kind of broke down. We Tried! Who wouldn't?

OK, back to earth:

"there's no place like home,there's no place like home...."

defending Chad is so passe,forget it, he's a fish, who cares.................

but you do have to wonder, if he went 10-6 with Kevan Barlow, and that Ridiculous 4-3 defense trying to play 3-4, looking like punks, and the O-line that was a a seed of what it has become. That little kitten O-line that is now a Lion,

with another year of 2006 "genius" BSchott's "made for Chad Offense", what we would have done with Chad at the helm last year.

He was healthy all year, would've had the leading afc rusher, quite an upgrade from "KB", would've had a monster O-line and a REAL 3-4 defense on the other side of the ball. Leon +2 years, Coles(his BF) and Cotch, and a new kid named Keller(safety valve for the noodle.

Yeah who knows?????

But, hey back to reality, we got Favre, he didn't adapt to the Pennington offense well and kind of broke down. We Tried! Who wouldn't?

OK, back to earth:

"there's no place like home,there's no place like home...."

I know we'd have zero shot to beat either the Steelers or Ravens.

Archived