Bring back PENNINGTON !!

jales22

Dude i dont mind you sitting here telling me Chad can't win the big game or such as thats your opnion on him as of now and i know you've seen chad with your Jets for some years but don't tell me he did not have a productive season last year.

No offense, it really is funny for us to see Phins fans now going through the same delusion many of us suffered.

When Chad is healthy, he will always have statistically productive years. Enjoy.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which is it? Productive or great?

Your adjectives are confusing.

A "productive" year is a mediocre one for me. An "unproductive" year is a sucky one for me.

I do not applaud competence. I applaud excellence. Chad has had only 1 "great" season in his life: 2002.

His numbers are almost identical from 2002 which he had a "Great" year.

LOL.

You do realize that Chad only played in 12 games in 2002, right?

So in 16 games he did nearly as much as he did in 12 games. Joy.

Beat me to it.

22 TD passes in 12 games is nearly two TDs a game. 19 in 16 games is barely over 1 per game.

How anyone can say he was as productive in '08 as he was in '02 is insane.

LOL.

You do realize that Chad only played in 12 games in 2002, right?

So in 16 games he did nearly as much as he did in 12 games. Joy.

Not to mention in 2002 he had more TDs (the only time in his career be broke 20), less interceptions and oh yeah an actual playoff win. Plus he actually beat some good teams along the way. Its been all down hill since that Oakland game.

He actually played in 15 started 12 and it was his comming out party. i think most people would ocnsider 19 td's to 7 pics a pretty damn good year from your QB oh and he didnt have a Coles, Santana Moss, Wayne Chrebet to throw to insead he had Camriilo,Bess, Ginn, dude turned water into wine lol i'm done with you guys i think i'm going back to my own msg boards

He actually played in 15 started 12 and it was his comming out party. i think most people would ocnsider 19 td's to 7 pics a pretty damn good year from your QB oh and he didnt have a Coles, Santana Moss, Wayne Chrebet to throw to insead he had Camriilo,Bess, Ginn, dude turned water into wine lol

Its amazing how Chad's WRs ALWAYS suck, that is until they're no longer playing with him. Aside from the Chad / Coles connection in 2002 there was always excuses about how Chad didn't have the guys around him. How long did we hear about Moss never living up to his potential? Pretty much every year, that is until he went to Washington and became a Pro Bowler his first year with a different QB (same as Coles).

Sure the 7 INTs is a nice number, but I know I'm not impressed and I doubt most others are impressed by an average of just barely over 1 TD per game for a starting NFL QB. Especially a 7-year starter. But again, to me this points out that is something SO obvious. If this is guy is nearly as good as some of you people claim, then why is it ALWAYS necesarry to have to CONSTANTLY come up with excuses for him? If he was legitimately that good, wouldn't he, at some point in his 9-year NFL career be able to show that without an endless list of "but"s?

dude turned water into wine lol i'm done with you guys i think i'm going back to my own msg boards

No! Please! Stay and regale us with more Chad worship! Our only chance to feel his strength is to live vicariously through your experience.

Really - you should go get fitted for your buttplug now because thats where your 09 season is going. Prince Valiant will provide all the turnovers necessary when he has to play real football teams.

He actually played in 15 started 12 and it was his comming out party. i think most people would ocnsider 19 td's to 7 pics a pretty damn good year from your QB oh and he didnt have a Coles, Santana Moss, Wayne Chrebet to throw to insead he had Camriilo,Bess, Ginn, dude turned water into wine lol i'm done with you guys i think i'm going back to my own msg boards

promises, promises

Beat me to it.

22 TD passes in 12 games is nearly two TDs a game. 19 in 16 games is barely over 1 per game.

How anyone can say he was as productive in '08 as he was in '02 is insane.

For all intents and purposes he played 13, he missed a single series against Jax...

But yes, especially considering the numerous TD's and Yards Chad aquired this season off of trick plays and assorted subterfuge. In 2002 the offense was as bland as you can get and he played straight up..

That avatar is priceless and the chick in the sig is rediculous :cheers:

See, while you're making jokes about the avatar, it's pretty damming that the avatar is, to most of us, preferable to Chad Pennington starting in 2009.

And the word is ridiculous, with an i, there is no such thing as diculous, so it's hard to be re-diculous.

See, while you're making jokes about the avatar, it's pretty damming that the avatar is, to most of us, preferable to Chad Pennington starting in 2009.

And the word is ridiculous, with an i, there is no such thing as diculous, so it's hard to be re-diculous.

Pennington > Ratliff, Clemens and Ainge. Combined.

I know, Chad will never win a Superbowl, and at least with somebody other than Pennington the Jets are better off. But, if the sides were changed, and Miami had your 3 QB's, I would take Chad over them in a heartbeat. Chad at least gives an opportunity to win, rookie and unproven QB's do not.

This has been covered extensively. The light bulb just doesn't go on for them..

I think it has something to do with an increase in brain chemical commonly found when in "love". They seems to turn off critical thinking abilities..

I know, Chad will never win a Superbowl, and at least with somebody other than Pennington the Jets are better off. But, if the sides were changed, and Miami had your 3 QB's, I would take Chad over them in a heartbeat. Chad at least gives an opportunity to win, rookie and unproven QB's do not.

No.

I would take anyone of them over Chad...

Chad gives you no chance to win in the playoffs but worst of all you can't get rid of the guy. Not good enough to win, not bad enough to be cut, super duper cuddly everybody loves him. Every year with Chad is 1 year farther away from finding a real solution at QB.

We have opportunity. Maybe Ratliff is the real deal? Maybe he's not but we draft a QB who is? We wouldn't be able to find any of this out if Chad was still here. Good riddance. Enjoy watching Henne rot on the bench as Pennington gives reach around's to anyone who can help him keep his job..

It's all about the ceiling...

Am I happy with the QBs on the Jets roster? Not particularly. But would I be happy spending more money on Pennington and not working towards grooming/finding the QB of the future.

I'd rather suffer through garbage for a little bit than be married to mediocracy for the long term. The Dolphins may have been better than mediocre last season based on record, but Chad Pennington is the Quarterback, the Quarterback plays Offense, and by every measure, the Offense of Miami was average at best.

Perhaps some day in the future, if a real QB never comes along, like it seems for Miami since Marino, I'd feel differently. But for now, I haven't lost hope that we can find someone who can make all the throws, and has enough talent to win, even if that guy isn't on the roster right now.

Perhaps some day in the future, if a real QB never comes along, like it seems for Miami since Marino, I'd feel differently. But for now, I haven't lost hope that we can find someone who can make all the throws, and has enough talent to win, even if that guy isn't on the roster right now.

Are you saying you don't want a QB whose stated goal in a home playoff game was to keep it close in the 4th quarter and see what happens.. :rolleyes:

What a *****.. Seriously, you make comments like that when you are playing AT the 1985 Bears, not hosting the Ravens with a rookie QB.. :rl:

Hard to beat a six hundred pound QB. :P

Another thing that humors me is that the Fin fans that used to kill Pennington when he was on the Jets for his weak arm, failure to beat good defenses, stagnation of a franchise, etc. are the same fans defending him on these same issues now that he's a Fin.

Another thing that humors me is that the Fin fans that used to kill Pennington when he was on the Jets for his weak arm, failure to beat good defenses, stagnation of a franchise, etc. are the same fans defending him on these same issues now that he's a Fin.

Which is makes the Phin fan Penny lovers even more sad than the Jets fans ones. At least at the time Chad was still loved by all (well, most) in Jets Land, it was simply due to people being too blinded and not knowing any better. But when you are someone who has openly mocked and bashed said player for years and then fall into that same trap, well that's just plain silly.

well I guess when Pennington goes down this year, as is probable looking at his past, your 2nd year unproven QB will stink the joint up...

Archived