Marvin Harrison asks to be released

Ghost

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/harrisons-indy-days-are-done/

Everyone keeps focusing on WR Terrell Owens‘ future with the Cowboys. But the more pressing issues surround Colts WR Marvin Harrison.

It’s no longer a question of if Harrison, 36, will be let go. It has become a question of when. It will happen in the coming days, certainly before the new league year starts a week from Friday, but few are sure exactly when.

But make no mistake: It is happening. The Colts no longer can afford to carry Harrison, who is scheduled to have a $13.4 million number for an Indianapolis team that is starving for more salary-cap room to deal with free-agents-to-be such as CB Kelvin Hayden.

If the Colts were to release Harrison, his $13.4 million number instantly would come off the books, saving the team $7 million against the cap. Harrison still would count $6.4 million in dead money, but more importantly, there would be the $7 million savings.

That's from 5 days ago.

He's well past his prime and has very little to offer any team.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/harrisons-indy-days-are-done/

That's from 5 days ago.

He's well past his prime and has very little to offer any team.

I wouldn't go that far. Harrison doesn't talk much and mostly shows by example but he can definitely be a leader somewhere.

I will never forget the quote Harrison said: " They don't pay me to play on Sunday, they pay me to practice through the week."

I thought that was a good one.

[url=http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/harrisons-indy-days-are-done/]

I wouldn't go that far. Harrison doesn't talk much and mostly shows by example but he can definitely be a leader somewhere.

I will never forget the quote Harrison said: " They don't pay me to play on Sunday, they pay me to practice through the week."

I thought that was a good one.

"Bang mutha f#cka!!"

"Yes occifer that's my gun but I didn't shoot it."

I like those better.

The problem is that he's old and basically hit a brick wall this season. He was less-than-productive. The Colts don't want to pay him like a #1 receiver anymore, because he isn't.

Would I sign him? Sure, if he was going to come cheap. He won't though. Maybe he'd give the Eagles a home-town discount, but he hardly solves their problems...

AS for T.O. He's probably on the downslope of his career as well, but if I could get a favorable contract (which you can't, because he's a Rosenhaus client) I might consider it.

On the news here in Indy, Caldwell said the Colts were going to do whatever it takes to keep him but maybe Harrison wanted too much or wants to shop around for a better deal.

I would like to see him come back one more season and add to his and Peyton's record, not that anyone will come close to breaking it but it would still be nice to see.

It is long gone the era where you play for only one team- salary cap and age catch up to you and ego.

Pretty much just age and ego in this situation. Harrison could have retired as a Colt the problem is he still thinks he's worth $13 million.

He also asked for a time machine to go back 4 yrs... back when he was good, and he didn't shoot anyone.

I hate how peopole bash Harrison, check his resume fellas.

Sure he got in trouble that one time and I don't even know what happened but that's the only bad thing I ever heard about him. He's a 1st bollot HOFer for sure.

I hate how peopole bash Harrison, check his resume fellas.

Sure he got in trouble that one time and I don't even know what happened but that's the only bad thing I ever heard about him. He's a 1st bollot HOFer for sure.

We love him here at home and even at his age he is still as good if not better than a lot of others in his position.

Archived