Michael Vick to be released from prison - ESPN.com

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Report: Vick OK'd for home confinement

Associated Press

RICHMOND, Va. -- A government official says imprisoned NFL star Michael Vick has been approved for release to home confinement.

The No. 4 mobile quarterback of all time is Michael Vick.

Vick's lawyers have said they expected him to be moved any day into a halfway house in Newport News, Va. But the official says there's no bed space, so Vick could be released to his Hampton, Va. home as soon as May 21st.

The official has knowledge of the case but requested anonymity because the individual was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly. The official says Vick will be on electronic monitoring and will only be allowed to leave home for activities approved by his probation officer.

The former Atlanta Falcons quarterback is serving a 23-month sentence at the federal penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kan., for a dogfighting conspiracy.

if he does get back in the NFL he want be playing QB he will be a wideout or something liek a Brad Smith

He would be a gimmick guy for a few teams over a few years if he didnt have the baggage... with the baggage he will be lucky to land on a final roster IF he is allowed back in...

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I love the way every sports analyst there is has been jawing about what team(s) Vick will possibly go to before 1) he even got let out of the clink 2) he still has yet to be re-instated.

the biggest "if" of all is will the NFL let him back-i dont think so

I personally think he will be a better QB after his time to reflect in prison.

He will be a step slower and will need to focus on becoming a more accurate and cerberal QB.

Sign him immediately and we are SB bound!

Because jail worked so well for other top athletes like Mike Tyson

Archived