Color Me Wrong: Giants Sign DE Canty

Vudu

I guess this means Mathias Kiwanuka is moving back to OLB

Giants continue to bolster defense, sign DE Canty

Posted: March 1st, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Chris Canty, Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers, New York Giants

New York continues making bold moves to shore up its defense.

One day after signing DT Rocky Bernard and LB Michael Boley, the Giants signed free-agent DE Chris Canty to a six-year, $42 million contract that includes $17.25 million in guaranteed money. Now Dallas

He's a better fit for us than Scott...and for less $$$

Giants team to beat again

I don't agree. DL is a need for the Jets (End) but to get an upgrade from Barton to Scott, that is a pretty good fit for the Jets.

I guess this means Mathias Kiwanuka is moving back to OLB

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/01/giants-continue-to-bolster-defense-sign-cb-canty/

I figured he'd get "Scott money" ... got very close to it.

Didn't think the G-men would go this route unless they played him at DT ... maybe that's the plan.

One thing is for sure ... the Giant Front 7 is now better than anybody, in my opinion.

I don't agree. DL is a need for the Jets (End) but to get an upgrade from Barton to Scott, that is a pretty good fit for the Jets.

Especially considering Scott can now wear the headset on the D and call the plays without really having to learn anything new...

I figured he'd get "Scott money" ... got very close to it.

Didn't think the G-men would go this route unless they played him at DT ... maybe that's the plan.

One thing is for sure ... the Giant Front 7 is now better than anybody, in my opinion.

What about Robbins?

Canty>Coleman.

Coleman started 5 games in dallas and had 6.5 sacks...

Canty started 50 games and had 10 sacks...

Just stats... Im not saying your wrong... just saying Canty isnt exactly a stud...

Canty>Coleman.

Totally irrelevant in regards to the original statement.

1. Scott is about 1000 greater symbols better than....oh yeah, there was no one. Proportionately, the upgrades aren't even comparable.

2. To claim he could have been had for considerably less money is patently absurd. Mainly due to the fact that Canty wanted out of playing in a 3-4, thus, we would not only have had to outbid the Giants, but it would have had to have been for a significantly larger amount than what he got. Think that might have had to have been for at least an extra million per?

1. Scott is about 1000 greater symbols better than....oh yeah, there was no one. Proportionately, the upgrades aren't even comparable.

2. To claim he could have been had for considerably less money is patently absurd. Mainly due to the fact that Canty wanted out of playing in a 3-4, thus, we would not only have had to outbid the Giants, but it would have had to have been for a significantly larger amount than what he got. Think that might have had to have been for at least an extra million per?

What he said.

He's a better fit for us than Scott...and for less $$$

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Yep, cocaine surely is.

Because only someone on coke could claim that Canty is a better fit for the Jets than Scott, when the Jets did not have a starting ILB besides Harris.

My bad I skimmed over the psot I didnt see that.

Scott is a better fit for the JETS, but Canty wouldve been an upgrade over Coleman IMO.

Let's see Demarcus Ware get 1/2 as many sacks without Canty plugging up some holes. Cowboys=epic fail.

I'm confused.

How are the Giants going to find playing time for:

Osi Umenyiora

Mathias Kiwanuka (they say he isn't going back to LB)

Justin Tuck

Fred Robbins

Barry Coefield

Chris Canty

Rocky Bernard

Another reason Gary Myers is an idiot.

Myers is a huge Giants homer writing for the Daily News. He kills the Jets for signing Scott under his idiotic argument that its a losing formula, but now his Giants make a similar move, but at a position that already has quality depth.

I'm confused.

Osi Umenyiora

Justin Tuck

Fred Robbins

Barry Coefield

Chris Canty

Rocky Bernard

The talk is that Robbins and/or Cofield might get released, as they're coming off of Knee Surgeries and apparently the Giants have some doubts that one or both of them can get back to the player he used to be.

I'm confused.

Osi Umenyiora

Justin Tuck

Fred Robbins

Barry Coefield

Chris Canty

Rocky Bernard

They love to rotate D lineman. This will be the ultimate test for them. ;)

Archived