Maybe We Can Trade Green Bay For Our Draft Pick Back

SoFlaJets

Send them either Abram Elam or Eric Smith and get our 3rd rounder back

Packers | Looking for a safety with 3-4 experience

Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:25:47 -0800

Tom Silverstein, of The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers are looking to add a safety with experience in the 3-4 defensive scheme. They also need to prepare for the future, as safeties Nick Collins and Atari Bigby are entering the final year of their contracts.

Tom Silverstein, of The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers are looking to add a safety with experience in the 3-4 defensive scheme. They also need to prepare for the future, as safeties Nick Collins and Atari Bigby are entering the final year of their contracts.

Not a bad idea. I wonder if gm's do the same thing we all do? Look at newspaper and internet reports and try to piece together trades and deals. Sometimes I think they just sit they with their thumbs up their arse.

Not a bad idea. I wonder if gm's do the same thing we all do? Look at newspaper and internet reports and try to piece together trades and deals. Sometimes I think they just sit they with their thumbs up their arse.

hey coach remember when Al Groh read on a message board somewhere during game week that Chicago's starting RB (Was it James Allen?) had a bad thumb or wrist or hand and had Bryan Cox yank at it which caused a fumble and helped us beat the Bears 17-10 back in 2000?

They could just sign Elam without forking over a draft pick. And no one, with the possible exception of the Browns, is giving us anything higher than a 6th round pick for either one.

On the Contrary,I believe they sit at their Computers all day jumping back and forth to all the football sites ,saying thats a great idea and the next day sell it as their idea....

On the other hand, The Pack can just wait until the Jets release Smith.

On a side note, isn't it ironic that the Browns havent imported some ex-Jets to help ease the new team into Mangini's defense (as Ryan has done with Leonard and Scott)? Could it be because none of the Jets understood or knew how to execute Mangini's defense?

Not a chance in hell of getting a 3rd, 4th or 5th for either of them and we need depth at DB so I don't think it would be smart to give them up.

Abram Elam is worth a 5th rounder-he's a tough SOB with still a lot of upside. Look at the progress the kid has made in two years. He went from being a guy that we ALL thought lacked the mental capacity to ever be a starter in this league to a guy that made game changing plays. Smith? yea a bag of donuts is about right.

I'd prefer to keep Elam, don't care about losing Smith, but we're not getting a 3rd rounder for him. Hell, I doubt we'd get a 7th rounder for him.

I doubt we can get a 7th round fantasy football draft pick from him.

Abram Elam is worth a 5th rounder-he's a tough SOB with still a lot of upside. Look at the progress the kid has made in two years. He went from being a guy that we ALL thought lacked the mental capacity to ever be a starter in this league to a guy that made game changing plays. Smith? yea a bag of donuts is about right.

Elam has no contract right now other than a low FA tender of about $1M for 2009 only.

Eric Smith has 1 year left on his contract.

Neither of them is good.

Nobody is trading us anything of value for either one.

We will not even get a 7th rounder unless someone specifically calls us up to request one of them. And truthfully, whichever one we keep probably has more value to us, for 1 more season, than a 7th round pick anyway.

Archived