2009/10 NCAA basketball Thread

SouthernJet

I want to see more of Strickland and henson, when they are on the floor good things seem to be happening. They got that lead down to 3 and Drew took over w/ bad shots and bad turnovers. I hope kendall Marshall is rwady to play next year.

Its the UNC 'way' to root for the kids always, but I am sorry. Drew flat out hurts this team. He isnt that good.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in flight during the game and did not see it. Villanova does not have an answer for Monroe nor Cuse's big men in the paint. Both Georgetown and Syracuse can go inside and out. Nova does not have an interior game.

It wasn't really the inside players, it was the fact that Georgetown shot an obscene percentage from the floor, and particularly from three. Georgetown is unlikely to ever shoot that well again.

Nova's guard play is exceptional, but to actually have any team worry about Pena? Pena wouldn't start for Syracuse.

I do appreciate you being a true Nova fan.

I hope Jim Boeheim thinks that too. That way he'll be really surprised when Antonio Pena drops a double-double on him.

Nova's guard play is exceptional, but to actually have any team worry about Pena? Pena wouldn't start for Syracuse.

I do appreciate you being a true Nova fan.

Maybe not, but it's ridiculous to say that we don't have anyone in our frontcourt. FWIW, Dante Cunningham wouldn't have started for Syracuse either.

I disagree Dante would be a great fit for Cuse, he was very versatile, he would create match up nightmares.

Pena is their best interior player and he will not be a honorable mention Big East.

Maybe not, but it's ridiculous to say that we don't have anyone in our frontcourt. FWIW, Dante Cunningham wouldn't have started for Syracuse either.

Ummm Dante Cunningham>>>>>Paul Harris

Dante Cunningham is also > either AO or Rick Jackson.

Ill agree Wes Johnson is better than Cunningham and Kris Joseph has the potential to be as well... I think he (Joseph) is going to be a great starter for Cuse next year.

FWIW, If Pena were on Cuse, he would be the best 8th man in the nation. LOL.

Big win for Nova last night at WVU. Tough place to win. Congrats Uart.

Ummm Dante Cunningham>>>>>Paul Harris

Dante Cunningham is also > either AO or Rick Jackson.

Ill agree Wes Johnson is better than Cunningham and Kris Joseph has the potential to be as well... I think he (Joseph) is going to be a great starter for Cuse next year.

FWIW, If Pena were on Cuse, he would be the best 8th man in the nation. LOL.

Perhaps. The Big East is Nova and 'Cuse this year. Not that either is unbeatable (clearly), but nobody else is going to win the conference reg. season title.

Nova is clearly far superior to WVU.

Anyone who watches Big East basketball knew that even before the game last night.

Perhaps. The Big East is Nova and 'Cuse this year. Not that either is unbeatable (clearly), but nobody else is going to win the conference reg. season title.

I just can't wait for that Feb. 27 matchup at the Dome. I can't think of a time I've been more excited for a game that really doesn't mean much in the long run.

I just can't wait for that Feb. 27 matchup at the Dome. I can't think of a time I've been more excited for a game that really doesn't mean much in the long run.

That game will likely decide the regular season Big East champion and all but guarantee a 1 seed. Id say thats pretty meaningful...Nevermind the fact that its a potential final four matchup late in the season...Something you almost never see, especially on primetime television. Luckily for me. I booked my tickets back in early December, because the dome has been sold out for a few days now.

Thoughts on UNC, they are terrible! The question is can coach Roy only coach a team of superstars? I realize they lost 4 players from last year's team, however they only

select 4 and 5 star athletes, so i do not want to hear it. Reloading is a fact of life for these programs.

Very overrated coach

I think at this point, if Boeheim doesn't win National Coach of the Year, it is a crime.

Also, Wes Johnson does not deserve National or Big East POY. I'd put Reynolds ahead of WJ in both. He's just too limited a player to win IMO. He can shoot, and dunk, not drive or post up - the announcers were alluding to this last night saying he can't put the ball on the ground for more than 2 dribbles. Players like Reynolds and Wall can take games over. Not taking anything away from Wes, he just isn't a GREAT player. If he is defended right (last night), it's obvious that he will be limited.

Good thing about this year's Syracuse team, is that it isn't such a horrible thing if Johnson isn't producing. Because the other 6 guys in the 7 man rotation can pick up the slack easily.

One more thing, I forgot what it felt like to be in an actual competitive game. Thanks for the scare, Connecticut. We need to have SOME experience in close game situations.

GO ORANGE!

Thoughts on UNC, they are terrible! The question is can coach Roy only coach a team of superstars? I realize they lost 4 players from last year's team, however they only

select 4 and 5 star athletes, so i do not want to hear it. Reloading is a fact of life for these programs.

Very overrated coach

To an extent, I agree...UNC is way to talented of a team to have 10 losses at this point with 6 or so games still to play. However, its not all on the coach. Sometimes a team just doesn't "gel" now matter how much you try to force it. Looks like they have no veteran leadership whatsoever at the PG position and that is killing them.

Yeah, they definitely should be doing better than they are based on the talent they have...But basketball is a team game, and teams need to gel and be able to work together and play together, unless, of course, you have someone like Kevin Durant, John Wall, Derrick Rose, etc on your team....Which the Tar Heels do not.

Syracuse is a fun team to watch this year. I agree with you about Boeheim too.

I think at this point, if Boeheim doesn't win National Coach of the Year, it is a crime.

Also, Wes Johnson does not deserve National or Big East POY. I'd put Reynolds ahead of WJ in both. He's just too limited a player to win IMO. He can shoot, and dunk, not drive or post up - the announcers were alluding to this last night saying he can't put the ball on the ground for more than 2 dribbles. Players like Reynolds and Wall can take games over. Not taking anything away from Wes, he just isn't a GREAT player. If he is defended right (last night), it's obvious that he will be limited.

Good thing about this year's Syracuse team, is that it isn't such a horrible thing if Johnson isn't producing. Because the other 6 guys in the 7 man rotation can pick up the slack easily.

One more thing, I forgot what it felt like to be in an actual competitive game. Thanks for the scare, Connecticut. We need to have SOME experience in close game situations.

GO ORANGE!

Very overrated coach

He obviously has proven he can, the KU team he took to the title game in 1991 was not a talented bunch. It's a bad year, he missed on some guys in recruiting. he thought Drew would be ready, he isn't.

No program has done a better job reloading throughout time than UNC, after the '05 title the heels lost their top 7 scorers and had a really good year in '06. This is an unexplainable year.

Roy has done a poor job w/ this team but he has earned the right to have a down year- at least he didn't blame it on his back and give up on his team like K in 1995.

He obviously has proven he can, the KU team he took to the title game in 1991 was not a talented bunch. It's a bad year, he missed on some guys in recruiting. he thought Drew would be ready, he isn't.

No program has done a better job reloading throughout time than UNC, after the '05 title the heels lost their top 7 scorers and had a really good year in '06. This is an unexplainable year.

Roy has done a poor job w/ this team but he has earned the right to have a down year- at least he didn't blame it on his back and give up on his team like K in 1995.

Sounds like a big excuse to me, UNC doesnt recruit, they select, it is all their coach.

I'm not saying they should be a sweet sixteen team, at least be good enough to get in dance. I could have coached last years team.

Please... You don't know the situation with K... As a Syracuse fan, I find the whole Calhoun on an indefinite leave of absence duie to an unrevealed personal problem rather suspicious as well... But it wouldn't be fair of me to make assumptions as I know nothing about the situation. Well, other then that UCONNT sucks, of course. :Nuts:

Please... You don't know the situation with K... As a Syracuse fan, I find the whole Calhoun on an indefinite leave of absence duie to an unrevealed personal problem rather suspicious as well... But it wouldn't be fair of me to make assumptions as I know nothing about the situation. Well, other then that UCONNT sucks, of course. :Nuts:

i dont think he is saying fake, rather he is implying that K openly lobbied NCAA to not count the losses that year against him when he took sick leave..most coaches never do that when they leave midseason. he had them put on his assistant

i dont think he is saying fake, rather he is implying that K openly lobbied NCAA to not count the losses that year against him when he took sick leave..most coaches never do that when they leave midseason. he had them put on his assistant

He exiled his once loyal assistant Pete Gaudet out of men's college basketball.

Yes, thank god, not at the high school gym they use for their other games.

I'm sorry that Villanova is located in an affluent suburb that won't allow us to build a 40,000 seat dome. If we could, I have no doubt that we would. We would also play more games at the Wachovia Center (I am sure), if it were never going to host an NCAA game, but as it stands, NCAA rules say that we can't play tournament games in Philadelphia if we play more than a set number of games there. Same rule will prohibit Syracuse from playing in the East region of this year's tourney.

This year, since there are no tournament games in Philly, we actually are playing every reasonably-compelling Big East matchup in the Wachovia Center.

We are actually looking to expand the on-campus arena, either through renovation or replacement, in the near future. Still won't be huge though, but we'll do what we can within the limitations of the Radnor Township planning board.

That said, it's a fun atmosphere at the Pavilion. More fun than the Wachovia Center for most games.

Have fun at the game. I wish I could stay in town and go myself. Too bad we'll only be kicking UConn while they are already down.

Archived