2009/10 NCAA basketball Thread

SouthernJet

Sadly that is a reality with almost every big time player.

I like that he didn't compromise his integrity going after him. Obviously the heels would be much better and a Tourney team w/ him but he has that sleazy Clifton w/ him.

If Wall wanted to go to UNC as bad as he said he would have staye daway from Clifton.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sadly that is a reality with almost every big time player.

no it isnt.

not many are affialiated with 'advisors' or AAU coaches solely speaking for them. Most have a parent involved also.

UNC was never into Wall. He has iffy behavior at Hig hSchool, which was accenuated by a arrest for B&E that was later dropped.

Roy wont deal with solely a advisor unless parents dead or incapacitated.

Wall and his Mom wanted UNC but Clifton hated Roy cause of Roy wouldnt 'recruit' one of his 'players' a few years ago. I am sure NYJUNC know the player.

from anothe rsource at time:

Further working against Wall to UNC is the fact that Wall has not yet qualified by NCAA academic standards. He

Ding Dong the Heels are dead

Roy most overrated coach ever!

:rl:

OK.

and what would that make Boeheim or Guy at Nova then.

silly. Some people view sports like fantasy football. what have yo udone this year? not much, you suck forever. alot, oh my he is a HOFer

So funny....

OK.

and what would that make Boeheim or Guy at Nova then.

silly. Some people view sports like fantasy football. what have yo udone this year? not much, you suck forever. alot, oh my he is a HOFer

So funny....

THis was actually the same guy who claimed that Boeheim and Syracuse were both overrated after we lost to LeMoyne. Surprised he has the courage to show up in this forum given the success Cuse has had this year.

What part of "almost" don't you understand?

no it isnt.

not many are affialiated with 'advisors' or AAU coaches solely speaking for them. Most have a parent involved also.

UNC was never into Wall. He has iffy behavior at Hig hSchool, which was accenuated by a arrest for B&E that was later dropped.

Roy wont deal with solely a advisor unless parents dead or incapacitated.

Wall and his Mom wanted UNC but Clifton hated Roy cause of Roy wouldnt 'recruit' one of his 'players' a few years ago. I am sure NYJUNC know the player.

from anothe rsource at time:

Further working against Wall to UNC is the fact that Wall has not yet qualified by NCAA academic standards. He

I am not jealous of UNC, I am a basketball fan period. I have a lot of respect for UNC and Duke they are elite programs. I would love to hear what you think my agenda is.

i understand. you have agenda, but thats cool..

we are used to jealous fans ;)

Bitterness? After his final 4 loss Williams chastised the reporter who asked him about the UNC job. Williams was KU basketball. I grew up watching UNC, 2 of my favorite players were Steve Hale and Joe Wolf.

So that is where the bitterness comes from.

Bitterness? After his final 4 loss Williams chastised the reporter who asked him about the UNC job. Williams was KU basketball. I grew up watching UNC, 2 of my favorite players were Steve Hale and Joe Wolf.

Big deal. He was horribly torn between loyalty to 2 programs. Either decision would hurt someone.

Wow, just Wow.

The more I read the more I think this is Afo busting chops. No one could write this stuff

I have no idea what you are talking about? I am simply stating my opinion. Relax.

Big deal. He was horribly torn between loyalty to 2 programs. Either decision would hurt someone.

Wow, just Wow.

The more I read the more I think this is Afo busting chops. No one could write this stuff

His team just lost the National Championship- did you expect him to be in a happy mood?

Roy was KU basketball, now he is UNC basketball.

I grew up watching those players too, I started following them a few years before they had those and Dean couldn't go on forever. Roy was Dean's hand picked replacement, there's not a better coach to continue the legacy Dean built at UNC.

Great game.

Horrible officiating, again. Jim Burr = the worst. It seemed like they called a foul on every single possession.

Rautins really stepped up, Johnson looked better. Triche and Scoop make me wanna shoot myself sometimes.

Anyway, great win on the road against a good G'Town team in a tough environment.

Great game.

Horrible officiating, again. Jim Burr = the worst. It seemed like they called a foul on every single possession.

Rautins really stepped up, Johnson looked better. Triche and Scoop make me wanna shoot myself sometimes.

Anyway, great win on the road against a good G'Town team in a tough environment.

We should have won by 50. Georgetown really sucks. Thank God for that or we'd be here talking about our 2nd consecutive loss.

How bad was the officiating......

Not that bad...

We were up 23 and had a chance to put the game out of reach and end it early.

Instead they go on a 10-0 run and we score 14 pts in the last 12 mins in change after scoring 60 the first 28. We are lucky Georgetown is too bad to take advantage of every opportunity (foul shots, turnovers, offensive rebounds) we gave them down the stretch or we would have gone from up 23 to losing by double digits.

I swear it seems we are the least disciplined team in the nation sometimes... We go up big, expect our arch rival to just lie down and die in their own house, get lazy with the ball, stop moving defensively, dont go after rebounds... Once again, Thank GOD Georgetown is so bad. They may be the most overrated team in the nation. Seriously.

Not that bad...

We were up 23 and had a chance to put the game out of reach and end it early.

Instead they go on a 10-0 run and we score 14 pts in the last 12 mins in change after scoring 60 the first 28. We are lucky Georgetown is too bad to take advantage of every opportunity (foul shots, turnovers, offensive rebounds) we gave them down the stretch or we would have gone from up 23 to losing by double digits.

I swear it seems we are the least disciplined team in the nation sometimes... We go up big, expect our arch rival to just lie down and die in their own house, get lazy with the ball, stop moving defensively, dont go after rebounds... Once again, Thank GOD Georgetown is so bad. They may be the most overrated team in the nation. Seriously.

I know we didn't almost lose because of the officiating, it was bad for both teams. Definitely took the foot off the pedal in the second half, and that's why we almost lost, but I am tired of the refs being so involved in the games. Let the damn kids play. Stop calling minor touch fouls on every possession. Bilas was going off the other night during the Nova-UConn game, I'd have loved to hear his thoughts on the abortion that was the officiating tonight.

That being said, I disagree with your thoughts on Georgetown. They don't suck, by any means, IMO. They just look bad against us because they match up terribly against our big front line, and our 2-3 zone. Their comeback attempt was only a product of Jackson and AO being in foul trouble, and later fouling out. True, they have slipped up against some crappy teams, like RU and USF, but I think they are better than WVU, and they can beat anyone in the nation when they are on. See: Nova and Duke. I can see G'Town in the Elite Eight easily.

In regard to the lack of discipline, I think much of it comes from not having a true [good] point guard. Scoop and Triche don't have that leadership running the point like say Michigan State, Kansas, or Villanova. I've gotten over the fact that the PG play sucks, and that if they can just play like JAG's and not lose the game for us, then the rest of the team will carry us. They do average around 16-17 points though from the PG spot, though.

That would be exciting... Honestly, I hope thats the matchup we get... I like how SU matches up against UK because of the zone.

I'd prefer Cuse-Kansas, simply because I despise Calipari and the ridiculous John Wall craziness (its not like the kid is curing cancer or anything), but either would pique my interest.

At least in a Cuse-UK final I'd have a true enemy to root against. Still holding out hope for UNC Wilmington to make the Final 4. ;)

I'd prefer Cuse-Kansas, simply because I despise Calipari and the ridiculous John Wall craziness (its not like the kid is curing cancer or anything), but either would pique my interest.

At least in a Cuse-UK final I'd have a true enemy to root against. Still holding out hope for UNC Wilmington to make the Final 4. ;)

Well after Cuse-UK, you get to see a rematch of Cuse-KU in the title game. ;)

Archived