KFFL: Leftwich negotiating with Bucs..

hoping4ASuperBowl

He started out real well with the Jags. Sucked it up there in the end. Played real well for Pit. I think we should have brought him in to compete. After him, there is no one else out there that has a chance of starting for us.

Which means we really are going into the draft with Kellen I can't be noodle arm Penny Clemens, Brett 2.0 I look great against 3rd string pre-season fodder Ratliff, and Eric how did I even get drafted and not cut Ainge.

So we are either going to stay put and consider drafting which ever of the top three qb's that fall to us, move up to get one that excites, or not drafting any of the qb's in the first round.

and that its taken this long to sign him is kind of strange IMO

I agree. Even if you don't like him much as a starter, he has won plenty of games in the NFL and you would think plenty of teams would want him as a backup, at least. Yet he was unsigned for most of a year. Plus, he's still young enough to possibly turn out to be a late bloomer.

Wherever he goes, better have a VERY good offensive line, which is why I was kind of hoping we'd bring him in.

Give him time (He needs it with that release) and he's got as strong an arm as anyone in the league. He's very accurate too.

Don't think he'll fit well in Tampa though. He'll be injured by week 3 probably.

FWIW, Leftwich has handled a lot of this really professionally and seems like a legit good guy...I hope it works, the fact that he hasn't had the opportunity to start in a few years, and that its taken this long to sign him is kind of strange IMO

I would love to see Leftwich go to Tampa and blossom into a ProBowler while Garrard continues to decline in Jacksonville.

It would serve the 2nd most pathetic fanbase in the NFL right to suffer that fate.

Archived