Coles Redzone Production

Smizzy

Does anybody know how many Redzone looks Coles had this season?

He only had 6 cathches in the redzone....6!

The Skins focused on the run ,no doub't about that & from what i remember they had a hard time even scoring. I love the fact Coles is coming back.

I guarantee he will not have 1 Td next season.

I don't think it was the fault of Coles' foot that his numbers were down. It was the ridiculously conservative offense that Gibbs installed. Coles and Gardner weren't Art Monk and Gary Clark. Despite Bill Parcells roaming the opposite sideline, it was not 1990 and the Redskins offensive philosphy had gone the way of the dodo bird ages ago.

Doesn't help to have Brunnell and Ramsey throwing him the ball either.

I am still amazed at the Jets' fan thought process.

Last year when McCareins was signed, there were predicitons abound on the other board which can not be mentioned, that Moss and McCareins would both have 70+ catches and 1000+ yards. Of course, this was despite a history from their OC of dumping 3 of every 5 passes to his backs.

Now, with Dingleberry as the OC and a history of extending the field, Coles is not going to get 90 catches? :shock: Coles had 89 with Hackett his last year with the Jets. Now with Dingleberry, he would seem to fit the Mason mold and be a key figure in the new offense.

If he stays healthy, I would not be surprised if he gets close to 100 catches.

I am still amazed at the Jets' fan thought process.

Last year when McCareins was signed, there were predicitons abound on the other board which can not be mentioned, that Moss and McCareins would both have 70+ catches and 1000+ yards. Of course, this was despite a history from their OC of dumping 3 of every 5 passes to his backs.

Now, with Dingleberry as the OC and a history of extending the field, Coles is not going to get 90 catches? :shock: Coles had 89 with Hackett his last year with the Jets. Now with Dingleberry, he would seem to fit the Mason mold and be a key figure in the new offense.

If he stays healthy, I would not be surprised if he gets close to 100 catches.

I was not one of those people who thought McCarriens would come in and produce like that. Although you are correct many Jet fans thought he would. I personally wanted to see the Jets make a run for TO but was told by fellow Jet fans that he is bad for the locker room :roll: . I think coles will produce well and put up similar numbers to a derrick mason next year.

Well, Coles is not going to be a red zone threat his second time around either. The problem is there are only so many patterns a 5'11" WR can run in the red zone. You are not going to throw a fade route to him unless it is a designed underthrow. Therefor the corner can cheat to the inside and try to force him out in the red zone. Not many WR's under 6'2" are red zone threats for these reasons. He will catch his TD's on the occasion he can beat his defender physically to the inside. But it won't be that often. Not when you have the 6'2" McCarriens on the other side a decent TE and good catching backs out of the backfield. Coles just needs to be Coles. He needs to be a consistent move the chains WR who can on occasion run a deep route and it will make our offense that much more potent.

How the hell can Coles catch 90 passes and NOT have 1,000 receiving yards. :shock:

Looks like he runs patterns that are right down PennyBoy's alley.

Yep, remember the routes Coles ran in the last homefield loss the Pats had

Remember them?? Or do you want to forget them like everother Pats fan does.

It'll be a bad dream this year :lol:

Yep, remember the routes Coles ran in the last homefield loss the Pats had

Remember them?? Or do you want to forget them like everother Pats fan does.

It'll be a bad dream this year :lol:

Wow JonE, one regular season game over two friggn' years ago.

If that is all Jet fans have to hang their hat on it's pretty sad.

BTW, when have the Jets last played in the Big Dance. :o:o:o

Well, Coles is not going to be a red zone threat his second time around either. The problem is there are only so many patterns a 5'11" WR can run in the red zone.

Well stated RS. Size does matter in the redzone. Both Coles and J-Mac will have more TD's this year from simple posts and over the middle routes that opposing defences wont be cheating on allowing these guys to rack up some YAC

I guarantee he will not have 1 Td next season.

Damn I can't believe Tx let this one go by without a comment. Talk about slipping, Tx has definitely lost a few MPH off his fastball.

It happens to them all. For Tx the key will be if he can still get you out with his off speed stuff.

He is a borderline hall of famer at this point. IMO he needs another 8,000 - 11,000 quality posts in order to get in.

Archived