favorite Yankee?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. favorite Yankee?

• Nick Swisher
    • Other

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah but all you really need to know about those team's chances is to know that Scott Sanderson was the "ace" of the staff.

Thank god I convienently started to care about the yanks in 95/96. It's funny, I know so much about the 70's yankees, and virtually nothing about the 80's besides Mattingly.

I can't believe there's not a single vote yet for Scott Sanderson.

I saw him beat Roger Clemens on opening day 1992. Or was it '93?

Wow...I was at that game too. I think it was all down hill from there.

Can't mention Taylor w/o Jeff Johnson and Jimmie Jones.

Funny thing is that I almost did but didn't want to clutter my choices with six names. I remember going to a game started by Jeff Johnson against the Twins and he took a no-hitter in to the 6h inning.

Wow...I was at that game too. I think it was all down hill from there.

Pretty much. But the groundwork for the dynasty of the late 90s was being laid at that time.

That was when they stopped trading for every over the hill FA slugger on the market and built the farm system back up. Bernie, Jeter, Posada, Rivera, Pettitte, Soriano... all of those guys would have been traded in the 80s.

Pretty much. But the groundwork for the dynasty of the late 90s was being laid at that time.

That was when they stopped trading for every over the hill FA slugger on the market and built the farm system back up. Bernie, Jeter, Posada, Rivera, Pettitte, Soriano... all of those guys would have been traded in the 80s.

When George got suspended and Stick was allowed to rebuild the system. I think we need to thank Howie Spira for his role in building MLB's only dynasty since the 70s.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived