No Randy Johnson 300 W Thread?

vanDoug

i was at the 300th win game and had the chance to watch the press conference afterwards. johnson was extremely humble and very team focused during the presser. he talked about how he is a better pitcher today throwing 90-92 than he was throwing 96-97. he also talked a lot about helping the younger pitchers on the team - mostly from the mental side of the game. for all of the criticism he's gotten over the years he came off as a real class act.

It will be awhile before we see another 300 game winner. I think it's hard for Yankee fans to be happy about Randy's feat. He killed us when he was in Seattle and Arizona. When the Yanks brought him in he had pitched decently in the regular season, but he was awful in the playoffs.

You understand why, right?

beating the yanks......then coming and blowing those play-off games and pitching (ineffectively) with an injury he should have spoken up about would do it for me. the mullet is just the icing on the cake though, lol. and he was also kind've a d*ck while he was in ny.

beating the yanks......then coming and blowing those play-off games and pitching (ineffectively) with an injury he should have spoken up about would do it for me. the mullet is just the icing on the cake though, lol. and he was also kind've a d*ck while he was in ny.

+1

I'm glad you see all that. You stated every reason as to why I hate him. lol

+1

I'm glad you see all that. You stated every reason as to why I hate him. lol

i do watch baseball.......i don't just come here to talk crap about the yanks (although i like doing that too, lol). but that said.....you guys were the ones that were dying to get him in pinstripes......

i do watch baseball.......i don't just come here to talk crap about the yanks (although i like doing that too, lol). but that said.....you guys were the ones that were dying to get him in pinstripes......

One more thing: don't lump me into the "arrogant Yankee fan group". I'm not as arrogant a baseball fan as you think!!

Yea, Grove's the only guy I can see argued.

Carlton's close, but Johnson's '93-'04 is just sick. Only 2 seasons with an ERA over 3.50...one at 3.67 ('96) and the year he had worse back problems than usual ('03) with a 4.26.

Koufax is the shyte, but fact is his peak doesn't touch Johnson's...or Pedro's btw.

RJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Koufax

And Koufax is my favorite pitcher of all time.

it's not as much of a no-brainer as you claim. as far as longevity, obviusly RJ wins. but koufax won 3 triple crowns, 3 cy youngs, an mvp, and he tossed 4 no-hitters (including a perfect game). he was as dominant as a pitcher can be at his peak. averaged like 20 CG and 6 SHO per/year. you may think RJ is clearly the better pitcher, but alot of people would maje the argument for koufax.....and there is a good argument. arthritis, i think, did him in......but at his peak there were few better.

Archived