Yankees beat Mets on Castillo's walk-off miscue

JetNation

If Jerry brings Feliciano in to face Matsui, instead of some prom queen, this game would've been a foregone conclusion. Can't understand why some managers insist on saving their stoppers until it's too late. That's 3 in a row where Jerry misused his pen. Shame because this hodgepodge team is trying hard for him. This team has plenty of heart but not enough talent to survive mistakes. Last series it was Wright and Beltran, now Castillo. Luis belongs with those two as one of our most consistent performers this year. Unfortunatley there's noone to pick up the slack when one of those guys errs. I like how they're playing, but Jerry needs to help them out more. Option Tatis to a supermarket in St. louis.

Mets suck.

You know if the Mets had gotten that sort of play, the winning run would have been thrown out at home.

Fire Jerry.

Fire Omar.

Clean house. Keep Santana, K Rod, Beltran, Wright, Reyes and dump the rest of this sh!tty team.

Its tough being a fan of this team. How much torture can one fan take...

Mets suck.

You know if the Mets had gotten that sort of play, the winning run would have been thrown out at home.

Fire Jerry.

Fire Omar.

Clean house. Keep Santana, K Rod, Beltran, Wright, Reyes and dump the rest of this sh!tty team.

Its tough being a fan of this team. How much torture can one fan take...

A Jet and Met fan. Must be harsh.

If Jerry brings Feliciano in to face Matsui, instead of some prom queen, this game would've been a foregone conclusion. Can't understand why some managers insist on saving their stoppers until it's too late. That's 3 in a row where Jerry misused his pen. Shame because this hodgepodge team is trying hard for him. This team has plenty of heart but not enough talent to survive mistakes. Last series it was Wright and Beltran, now Castillo. Luis belongs with those two as one of our most consistent performers this year. Unfortunatley there's noone to pick up the slack when one of those guys errs. I like how they're playing, but Jerry needs to help them out more. Option Tatis to a supermarket in St. louis.

Every game it's someone else costing them the win. :(

I don't know how you guys do it.

I was thinking after that happened, how crazy would talk radio be if these games were played during the week. No one calls in on the weekends, and day to day stuff would be great instead of just the series recap stuff.

It was funny hearing ARod booed as the pop up left his bat only to be mobbed by his team seconds later.

I like Kim Jones but was she kidding with the homer filled question to ARod asking how they were able to get to KRod and cause his 1st blown save? At least Alex set her straight. Overall I like her work but unfortunately anyone on YES eventually must go completely Tyler Durden or be shown the door.

I also noticed that Michael Kay is questioning Clueless Joe a lot more lately. I had no issue with the Mariano move in a tie game and Cone pretty much destroyed Kay on his statement that Torre would never do the same. I do wonder if the Kay comments are ordered from Yankee ownership as it's not like we have not seen them "control" the YES telecast and post game questions before.

Some other points:

The last few excruciating losses could signal a long losing streak for the Mets. We'll see what they are made of now.

Joba is the 2nd most overhyped pitcher in recent memory behind Hughes. I do believe Posada was the problem with Joba last night but still a lot more was expected of Joba this season. Both pitchers will be fine eventually but in the meantime it is frustrating to watch. While Pelfrey is a few years older , I take him out of the three right now.

Tex is all class and a great, great signing. If ARod ever gets hot the middle of that line-up will be sick.

Swisher does far more things wrong on the baseball field to justify his HR's and bubbly personality that YES loves to tell us about. A healthy Nady is a much more complete player.

The Mets should trade for Russell Branyan or Adam Dunn immediately as Murphy needs a mental break or is just not as good as we thought.

Playing Martinez before he is ready may be killing his trade value if we needed to move him for help in much the same way we did with Milledge.

I thought I had seen everything in my lifelong rooting for the Mets-but this tops them all. Another dagger in the gut for this Met fan.

+1 I am still stunned -- i had to walk around my house for .20 minutes just to calm down before I went to bed -

I was at my best friend's house for his birthday. We were all watching the game, it was great. As soon as Alex popped up, I jumped off the couch cursing and walked out of the room saying "****ing A-Rod" repeatedly. Then I heard his mother scream, and my "**** A-Rod"s turned into "HOLY SHIIT!!! He dropped it!"

Ah, great.

Alex still sucks though.

+1

Great post.

I thought I had seen everything in my lifelong rooting for the Mets-but this tops them all. Another dagger in the gut for this Met fan.

It was unreal. Funny thing was the instant I saw it I thought of Artie ragging on Baba Booey for next week's show. On top of the first pitch, the abuse should be stuff of legend.

Archived