Please... I'm begging you!!!!

MagicBizkit87

Please fire this *******, Girardi, and hire Pena for the rest of the season, and look for our replacement in the offseason. It's obvious this guy doesn't know what the hell he's doing. Losing two straight series to the Nationals, and Marlins, because he has no clue how to manage. Brings in Brett Tomko today in a key situation. Seriously, please fire him right now...

Please fire this *******, Girardi, and hire Pena for the rest of the season, and look for our replacement in the offseason. It's obvious this guy doesn't know what the hell he's doing. Losing two straight series to the Nationals, and Marlins, because he has no clue how to manage. Brings in Brett Tomko today in a key situation. Seriously, please fire him right now...

I agree. Pena would be much better than Girardi. But I don't think you can fire him at this point nor do I think he will be fired.

I'm frustrated too. We all are.

Can someone please explain to me why he took out Aceves who was basically unhittable today, and he brings in a guy who can't hold an ERA under 6, in Brett Tomko? We could have swept this team, and we only won one game. If you wanted Aceves out, because of pitch count, then bring in Hughes. Not one Marlin player, minus Ramirez can touch his stuff out of the bullpen.

He needs to be fired, no more bull****, just fire this ******* already.

Can someone please explain to me why he took out Aceves who was basically unhittable today, and he brings in a guy who can't hold an ERA under 6, in Brett Tomko? We could have swept this team, and we only won one game. If you wanted Aceves out, because of pitch count, then bring in Hughes. Not one Marlin player, minus Ramirez can touch his stuff out of the bullpen.

He needs to be fired, no more bull****, just fire this ******* already.

I agree with everything.

First of all, MagicBizkit? WTF?

Anyway, I'm in no way defending Girardi. I think he's an OK manager, but whatever.

But I think the plan is to not pitch Hughes twice in a row, even if he only did pitch one inning last night. They still want him to be a starter.

Aceves should've been left in, though. There's really no excuse for Brett Tomko to even be on the team anymore. Or Berroa. It's bull****.

D-Rob is turning out to be a gem though. Still too many walks, but 23 strikeouts in 14 innings. WOW.

First of all, MagicBizkit? WTF?

Anyway, I'm in no way defending Girardi. I think he's an OK manager, but whatever.

But I think the plan is to not pitch Hughes twice in a row, even if he only did pitch one inning last night. They still want him to be a starter.

Aceves should've been left in, though. There's really no excuse for Brett Tomko to even be on the team anymore. Or Berroa. It's bull****.

D-Rob is turning out to be a gem though. Still too many walks, but 23 strikeouts in 14 innings. WOW.

If the plan was to not bring Hughes in for the 2nd day in a row, and he wanted Aceves out of the game after 2.2 innings pitched, then this game apparently was not important to him. We have Brett Tomko in the majors for what? We have 2 possible long man options in Hughes, and Aceves as is, except those 2 can actually get people out, unlike Tomko.

Why not promote Mark Melancon again, and actually give him a chance, and just DFA Tomko like they did useless Veras.

I agree with you on Robertson, he's got some nice stuff. I thought he would be pretty good, but he's been a lot better then I ever expected. He does need to cool it on the walks though.

After getting rid of all the bums (Veras, Edwar, and Albaladejo), their bullpen is really not as crappy as you would think, and hopefully Bruney being able to actually stay on the team without an injury for more then a month.

Rivera

Bruney

Coke

Robertson

Aceves

Hughes (for the time being)

Tomko (we need to send him down for Melancon)

If the plan was to not bring Hughes in for the 2nd day in a row, and he wanted Aceves out of the game after 2.2 innings pitched, then this game apparently was not important to him. We have Brett Tomko in the majors for what? We have 2 possible long man options in Hughes, and Aceves as is, except those 2 can actually get people out, unlike Tomko.

Why not promote Mark Melancon again, and actually give him a chance, and just DFA Tomko like they did useless Veras.

I agree with you on Robertson, he's got some nice stuff. I thought he would be pretty good, but he's been a lot better then I ever expected. He does need to cool it on the walks though.

After getting rid of all the bums (Veras, Edwar, and Albaladejo), their bullpen is really not as crappy as you would think, and hopefully Bruney being able to actually stay on the team without an injury for more then a month.

Rivera

Bruney

Coke

Robertson

Aceves

Hughes (for the time being)

Tomko (we need to send him down for Melancon)

Yeah, Tomko and Berroa need to go. Berroa shouldn't even be a minor leaguer, he's that bad.

its all darkladyjets fault. fire her as game thread starter.

I agree with PS17 that the Yanks aren't going to get rid of Joe mid-season. But I put alot of the blame on Cashman. Their outfield is awful, they screwed up Joba, they are weak in the minors, and he has signed some awful pitchers.

I don't even know who is in charge of this team right now. I have a feeling that Cashman has taken the reigns and Hank and Hal are letting him run the show. I just don't understand what is going on in this organization.

I'm italian myself, I'm allowed to blame it on my heritage being retarded at coaching in sports... lol

But you can't make these huge generalizations. It's like saying all Chinese people can't driv...oh wait.

Well there are good Italian head coaches. That's the point. ;)

But you can't make these huge generalizations. It's like saying all Chinese people can't driv...oh wait.

Well there are good Italian head coaches. That's the point. ;)

The point is the Yankees/Jets fans got stuck with the two crappy Italian coaches... lol

But yeah there are some good Italian coaches/managers out there... like Joe Torre.

Exactly. Ex-phucking-actly.

many Yankee fans and this teams "brain trust" are reaping what they sowed.

A lot of people were down on Torre because he committed the heinous crime of not winning the world series every year...hell I even had to defend him in a thread a few months ago when his book came out since almost every Yankee fan here were trashing him and making statements that he was not that good and blessed to have been on the Yanks in the first place.

I guess the adage that any manager could win with this payroll is taking a hit.

Torre never should have been fired and the Yankees should have signed him to a long term deal....the fact that he was so undervalued by fans and brass alike still boggle my mind.

The season ain't exactly phucking over

This season is no way over, but as long as this guy, Girardi is managing this team they have no chance whatsoever of winning it all. When this team wins it has nothing to do with Girardi's managing, it's the skill of the team outplaying his horrible managing.

He needs to realize what relievers can handle the tough situations, and to this day he still doesn't know which relievers can handle it. He probably still thinks Veras, Edwar, and Albaladejo are good relief pitchers.

His managing this year has screwed us out of 5 to 10 wins already. It's really time to get rid of this guy, before it's too late, because winning the whole thing isn't an option with this guy.

You guys are really overrating the value of a manager.

The Yankees arent winning because they cant hit. The same problems this team has now were the same probelms they had under Torre post 2003...extended cold streaks, losing to no name pitchers, failing to hit with RISP. These problems have plagued this team for some time now.

Torre has to deal with one team winthin the division...Girardi has the Sox, Rays and even Blue Jays. Now he has the luxury of playing in the worst division in baseball.

Girardi has his faults, obviously...but I dont see how you can blame this on him. Torre hadnt won squat since 04. Bowing out embarrassingly in the wild card round isnt much different than missing the playoffs.

The team still has way too many inconsistent hitters and is old.

The Yankees arent winning because they cant hit. The same problems this team has now were the same probelms they had under Torre post 2003...extended cold streaks, losing to no name pitchers, failing to hit with RISP. These problems have plagued this team for some time now.

Torre has to deal with one team winthin the division...Girardi has the Sox, Rays and even Blue Jays. Now he has the luxury of playing in the worst division in baseball.

Girardi has his faults, obviously...but I dont see how you can blame this on him. Torre hadnt won squat since 04. Bowing out embarrassingly in the wild card round isnt much different than missing the playoffs.

There are people still defending Girardi's idiotic managing? I mean, sure Torre is facing absolute crap in the NL West right now, but his team is killing the competition right now. We have all the talent in the world, more bought players in the offseason, and Girardi's managing is still taking wins from this team.

As bad is the NL West is Torre's team has the best record in baseball and he hasn't had his best player for 50 games. That is pretty impressive in my book.

There are people still defending Girardi's idiotic managing? I mean, sure Torre is facing absolute crap in the NL West right now, but his team is killing the competition right now. We have all the talent in the world, more bought players in the offseason, and Girardi's managing is still taking wins from this team.

Well, Torre's Yankees werent exactly killing the competition in his final seasons. And everyone knew they had no shot come October.

Well, Torre's Yankees werent exactly killing the competition in his final seasons. And everyone knew they had no shot come October.

Gnats stopped the Yankees advancing in the Wild Card round of the playoffs in 2007. I rather be there in October, and lose in the wild card round, then never ever going to be there with this current moron managing the team.

As bad is the NL West is Torre's team has the best record in baseball and he hasn't had his best player for 50 games. That is pretty impressive in my book.

His team is hitting for him.. pierre is hitting .330 and is simply owning right now, Manager is Overrated but i havent liked how conservative Girardi is i would like to see more aggressive offense and on Wednesdays game vs nats shouldve sent arod in the 9th.

This team has the same problems under Girardi as it did under Torre.

This isnt anything new. Its not Girardis fault they cant execute with RISP just like it wasnt Torre's.

I thought a change in managers might insert new life, but its the same story.

Archived