ROBBERY ON 161ST STREET

Bugg

Call 911!

Notify NYPD immediately!

25 men in baseball uniforms are stealing close to $210 million. It's like one of those crappy George Clooney "Ocean" movies.

Also, who ever is in charge of the scouting staff ("We had never seen ___ before. ___is a rookie. ____ is pretty good. We had NO IDEA ____ was so good."), hitting coach and manager of the Yankees are also stealing money in the same location.

Brian Cashman also needs a trip to the optometrist forthwith. Let me understand-we let Nick Green go to keep Angel Berroa on the 40-man roster. Obviously Mr. Berroa either has black&white grainy photos of a naked Mr. Cashman consorting with farm animals or is holding the rest of the Cashman family hostage.

As for your original post, Bugg, I agree. As a fan, I feel like I'm being robbed.

I think there should be some MAJOR changes in the Bronx. This organization is headed in the wrong direction. Off the top of my head, I would like to see CASHMAN GONE, GIRARDI GONE, and I might catch a little flack for this last one, but I want A-ROD GONE. I'm sick of his antics & unclutch hitting. He needs to go. I wouldn't mind seeing this organization move in a new direction in the near future.

As for your original post, Bugg, I agree. As a fan, I feel like I'm being robbed.

I think there should be some MAJOR changes in the Bronx. This organization is headed in the wrong direction. Off the top of my head, I would like to see CASHMAN GONE, GIRARDI GONE, and I might catch a little flack for this last one, but I want A-ROD GONE. I'm sick of his antics & unclutch hitting. He needs to go. I wouldn't mind seeing this organization move in a new direction in the near future.

Agree, but Rodriguez's contract and circus tent life are untradeable. Who would take him, even if his salary and contract length were cut?

What bothers me a lot-Tommy Hanson is a well-known prospect. The Yankees' AAA affiliate plays in the same league as the Braves'. Anyone who follows baseball a bit knows all about this guy. And yet again it's like either there is no advance scouting or the players don't bother to look at what scouting there is, like "We're the Yankees!". No one goes to the plate with a plan or an idea about what they're going to face, and it's a disgrace. And this seems to be true of every young pitcher they face. It''s unacceptable that this team is totally unprepared for who they're going to face. and what the guy throws.

Also, I've gone from loving Posada and Jeter to thinking we need to get rid of them both before the "Cal Ripken/Messier Factor" means more that what they actually produce on the field. Jeter is no longer a MLB SS fielding-wise, and he is not a leadoff hitter. He has no power nor a position he can move to. Posada each day becomes more of a joke as a catcher.

Yankees are still in the playoffs.

Yes they have been terrible lately, but they will get out of this funk and start playing better baseball.

We would actually score runs if A-Roid decided to get a hit every now & then.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMF2uceHcRk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMF2uceHcRk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMF2uceHcRk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMF2uceHcRk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Stop crying sissy! Daddy's fighting again!Get used to it!

I have it on good authority that if the Yankees don't make the playoffs this year, Bob's wish will come true.

Girardi has to be on thin ice if they continue to fall way behind Boston.

Girardi has to be on thin ice if they continue to fall way behind Boston.

My source tells me that they're going to give him the rest of the season. Of course, you never know what the idiot twins are going to do.

I have it on good authority that if the Yankees don't make the playoffs this year, Bob's wish will come true.

Wait a minute - if the Yanks don't make the playoffs, Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Love Hewitt are going to show up naked at my door with $10 million and my wife will tell me to go have fun?

Damn. Talk about being conflicted.

fu*king idiots. wonder what that BS was all about anyway.

Yankee Fan: Landshark Stadium? More like faggit stadium!

Marlins Fan: Better than that chopping mall yous play in

Yankee Fan: At least people show up to our games

Marlins Fan: To watch them lose! Ha Ha.. Jankees suck!

Yankee Fan: Hey Yo! They dont suck. They won like 26 championships bitch. What have those faggity fishies won, huh?

Marlins Fan: Hey Jankee jerkoff.. we beat your jankee ass in 2003!

Yankee Fan: F#ck you assh0le! Yankees rule! *punch*

Marlins Fan: jew punch like Pettite throws.. like sh!t! * jumps over the railing *

If you're gonna post that, why not post the responses defending the guy.

http://deadspin.com/5302047/deep-inside-the-yankee+marlin-fan-brawl

Deep Inside The Yankee-Marlin Fan Brawl

By Dashiell Bennett, 12:00 PM on Wed Jun 24 2009, 11,024 views (Edit post, Set to draft, Slurp) Copy this whole post to another site

Slurp cancel

progressIndicator_roller.gif

select site advertising consumerist deadspin defamer fleshbot gay fleshbot gawker gizmodo idolator io9 jalopnik jezebel kotaku lifehacker valleywag artists gawkershop

brawl.jpgWe received some new "information" about the Yankee Fan-Marlin Fan fight video you all enjoyed so much, and while we didn't really confirm any of it, it's only fair to (sorta) tell at least one side of the story.

First, this message that came to us from a tipster unaffiliated with either party:

I found the yankees vs Marlins fans fight taken down [from YouTube] late Mon night. I emailed the director and asked why it was taken down and what his relation to the fight was

His reply was

"they asked for me to take the video down.

The yankees fan wife bought us tickets. thats my relation. my uncle knows them."

So a family friend of Yankee Fan was on camera, which helps explains the ultra sharp images. Good to know. But later on we found this message sent in through the comment section that may or may not be a personal message from Yankee Fan's wife. All sic'd of course and (again) unverified, so judge accordingly.

To all the idiots commenting about my daughter, she was crying because that is not her fathers usual conduct. We don't raise our children to be like that marlins fans son, taking punches at my husband. That's a great example. But when you have marlin low life's and thier wife and child involved in a brawl... they need to stay at their trailer home. Not that I justify what my husband did, he should of walked away from tjose idiots comments about me. The person who put this video on is a scumbag, especially focusing in on my daughter.(and to think he sat there for free thanks to me) . That nasty marlin gringo and nasty wife were out of line. As u can see the cops were very cordial with us and asked if we were OK... And the idiot who made the comment about :your daddys going to disappoint you 300 more times in your life time?? you are so ??? U obiviously had a horrible childhood... I pray u dont have kids. I can't believe i'm even responding, but you all need to get a life.

Tough, but fair. The fact that both messages referenced free tickets for the cameraman certainly lends credence to its authenticity. As does the description of "trailer home" Marlin "gringos." (Hey, she calls 'em as she sees 'em.) But wait there's more! Another anonymous, unverified comment from someone who didn't quite grasp my sarcastic use of quote marks.

Listen again before you slander someone like this. You are sadly mistaken and it amazes me that you can not hear for yourself what he says. His daughter is scared and crying and afraid he got hurt and he says "I'm Fine, I'm fine!" She says why are you are fighting and and he says "I'm not fighting its okay". I happen to know exactly what happened and how this fight started. I won't use names but The Marlins Fan called the Yankees fan's wife names that are so obscene I can not even say them here. He curses her out for five minutes before the Yankees Fan realizes he is talking to his wife. Then he walks over and defends his wife as any man should. By the way, as for the character and type of father this man is.....I happen to live right next door to him. He does not even know this is on the internet yet. He is home playing with his little girl right now who absolutely adores him. By the way, guess who got kicked out of the game...The Marlins Fan guy with the foul mouth while the Yankees Fan got to stay and finish the game with his family. What does that tell you! This all happened at Friday nights game and the next night, guess who was at the game. The Yankees Fan! How do I know..... Because this man whose character you are slandering bought 6 extra tickets to the game to so that my family could go as a surprise for my 10 year old kid who is battling cancer. He really must be the awful guy you all think. Oh and if you think it was a Marlins - Yankees Fight you are sadly mistaken. We came with him in our full Marlins Gear, sat right next to him, and he was thrilled the Marlins won that night for our kid. Maybe you should adjust your misquote and retype your article now!

So there you go. If Marlins Fan really is the instigator

If you're gonna post that, why not post the responses defending the guy.

1. i didnt read any responses to the fight.

2. i dont care. Plus I never believe a one-sided story. If the guy is willing to throw punches at someone in front of his family, he isnt a sweet gentle guy. And his wife sounds like a real treasure too. That daughter is going to be brought up with wonderful morals and beliefs.

All I know is that for a fight to take place, it usually has to involve 2 asshats. No matter what was said or done, both guys were in the wrong.

And it made me chuckle. which is the most important thing.

Anyone that's dumb enough to get into a fight at a stadium or ballpark should be sterilized or voluntarily not have children. Hopefully they do so before procreating and die or disable their reproductive facilities in the brawl, thereby thinning the gene pool.

Or become a soccer hooligan.

Fighting in front of your toddler daughter? WTF? What a total POS. There's no defending it.

Anyone that's dumb enough to get into a fight at a stadium or ballpark should be sterilized or voluntarily not have children. Hopefully they do so before procreating and die or disable their reproductive facilities in the brawl, thereby thinning the gene pool.

Or become a soccer hooligan.

Fighting in front of your toddler daughter? WTF? What a total POS. There's no defending it.

i like a nice verbal battle every once in a while... helps keep my mind sharp and lets me make jokes at other people's expense...but actual fighting is stupid. especially in front of your family.

Archived