RIP Steve McNair

JoeC36

I know you are twisted and I have no problem with that but are you some kind of bible basher?

That makes no sense to me. Where does religion come into play here? I made no anti- or pro-religious comment either way. The word soul has been used for centuries before modern religion to describe the essence of a human being. Plato used it.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That makes no sense to me. Where does religion come into play here? I made no anti- or pro-religious comment either way. The word soul has been used for centuries before modern religion to describe the essence of a human being. Plato used it.

As did Pops Staples.

Marriage is a religious thing to me. I always laugh going to weddings when the people getting married haven't been to Church in 20 years.

Apart from that marriage is a piece of paper that may or may not give you a tax break.

Marriage is a religious thing to me. I always laugh going to weddings when the people getting married haven't been to Church in 20 years.

Apart from that marriage is a piece of paper that may or may not give you a tax break.

I agree with that sentiment and it took me a lot not to say "before God" in a few of my posts. I think breaking a marriage vow is worse than breaking a promise of fidelity. I also think that it is past the point where degrees of wrong matter.

I believe that if they do die as a result of it. They deserve what they got. As a juror I would acquit them.

Well I agree that if you die as a direct result of your cheating, then you have noone to blame but yourself. But deserving to die because you broke a vow is a whole different story.

Well I agree that if you die as a direct result of your cheating, then you have noone to blame but yourself. But deserving to die because you broke a vow is a whole different story.

What do they deserve then? A cake? A free pass? A pat on that back and a kind word?

I say yes but that point is irrelevant. The point it that he was killed for it and he has no one to blame but himself.

From what I read. He did. 100% his fault. This wasn't a random drive-by shooting gone awry. He didn't get hit by a **** bus that was going 90 on the sidewalk. He was messing around with some crazy as 20 year old told her he was leaving his wife for her and when he didn't she killed him and herself. He lied and manipulated people and it backfired. Like I said don't start there wont be.

100%? The person that shot him isn't the least to blame? Because he was intentionally doesn't mean it was all his fault. Was Sharon Tate at fault?

If he make an equal promise to her that on his soul he would not violate her trust I would feel the same. At that point his is for no reason other than either selfishness or cowardice doing his best to ruin that person for no reason than a quick cum or a changed mind. You changed your mind? fine, man up and admit it. Don't string two separate people around lying to both.

Selfishness, cowardice or weakness. None of these things mean he should have paid with his life. I'm willing to bet that at some point in your life you have exhibited all 3. You've probably exhibited all 3 on this board at one time or another. You're no OKTaren. I still think you (probably ;)) don't deserve to die.

What do they deserve then? A cake? A free pass? A pat on that back and a kind word?

Who's saying they deserve anything? I think people are just disagreeing with you that its ok to murder someone in cold blood becuase they cheated on their spouse.

Unless it's self defense, taking someones life on purpose is wrong. You only get one life.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4313821

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Former NFL star Steve McNair was shot dead in his sleep last week by a 20-year-old girlfriend distraught about mounting financial problems and her belief that he was seeing someone else, police said Wednesday.

Investigators may never know why Kazemi shot McNair four times as he dozed on a sofa early Saturday before turning the gun on herself, Police Chief Ronal Serpas said.

But interviews with friends revealed that she was making payments on two cars, her rent was doubling and she suspected the married McNair was having a second affair with another young woman.

She told a friend on Friday that "My life is a ball of s--- and I should end it," Serpas said.

Police earlier had labeled McNair's death a homicide, but waited for further tests and the revelations about Kazemi's personal problems before concluding that she pulled the trigger in a condominium McNair rented with a friend.

McNair, 36, a quarterback for the Tennessee Titans most of his career, met Kazemi six months ago at a restaurant where she was a waitress and his family often ate. She seemed happy and eager to build a life with him, but something went wrong.

"We do know that she was clearly sending a message during the last five to seven days of her life that things were going bad quickly," Serpas said, though there was no indication she told anyone she planned to harm McNair.

Serpas said detectives learned that Kazemi recently found out about another young woman she thought McNair was romantically involved with and had even followed that woman home, though she did not confront her.

Serpas said police believe McNair was asleep when he was killed because there were no defensive wounds. After shooting McNair in the head, Kazemi apparently shot him twice in the chest before shooting him again in the head and then shooting herself. The gun was found underneath her.

She sat next to his body and tried to position herself to fall into his lap when she died. She did, but her body slid to the floor and ended up at McNair's feet, Serpas said. The gun was found underneath her.

Kazemi's family told reporters that the woman was so confident McNair was divorcing his wife of 12 years that she was preparing to sell her furniture and move in with him.

But associate Mike Mu, who has worked with McNair's charitable association for years, said McNair's wife, Mechelle McNair, "didn't know who this girl is." No records of divorce proceedings have surfaced.

Two days before the shooting, police stopped Kazemi driving the Cadillac Escalade sport utility vehicle that McNair had given her for her birthday in May.

According to an arrest affidavit, Kazemi had bloodshot eyes and alcohol on her breath. She refused a breath test and told an officer "she was not drunk, she was high." She was charged with DUI. McNair was with her but not charged. He later made her bail.

Serpas said that even though both her name and McNair's were on the Cadillac's title, she was apparently responsible for making payments. She was also making payments on another car after she couldn't sell it.

Sad.

I never called her a liar, but you would have to be pretty naive not to suspect that something was up with a husband gone all the time.

You implied. Go back and check.

Again you miss the point. Rotten no good Steve McNair (according to Judge Verde) took her 2 children under his wing. Married her and provided for his family.

Say wha? lol Did he or did he not have children? If so, those children, whomever was the mother, WILL suffer as a direct result of the choices he made.

BUT LET'S BE CLEAR. I NEVER SAID HE DESERVED TO DIE. I invite anyone to go prove otherwise. I think he's a turd and I don't mourn his death, there's a difference between the two.

I'm stating my opinion. Boy, you seem very cranky today.

You're confused, I was doing the very same thing.

Jeez, were you cheated on or something?

:bs_lame:Come on, you can do better than that.

Whatever :lol: Look, I'm going to end this here before you call Max and demand he suspend me.

Don't resort to accusations like that. I am perfectly capable of fighting my own battles, thank you.

Stop it Arsis. How dare you say such terrible awful things about such a demigod?! You're clearly jealous.

You really are an uppity bitch.

Feel free to ban me Max as this **** can do whatever she wants with no repercussions.

Feel free to ban me Max as this **** can do whatever she wants with no repercussions.

This is my point. People don't have anymore integrity or self control. I was taught that you showed people respect even if they didn't show it to you. That you treated people how you wanted to be treated. This is a messageboard and I love the ball busting. Why do some people not know when it is time to be a man. A man doesn't leave his 4 kids for some 20 year old waitress or curse out women because they don't agree with their opinions and threw out some sarcasm. I'm done in this thread before it gets even more out of hand. I just wanted a nice debate about morality as it applies to a football player's life and if affluence effects morality. People can't be adults and deal with dissenting opinions.

I'm curious what's behind those darling little asteriks. lol.

What, exactly, did I do that is against the sites rules? Seems to me I just hit a few nerves. Which is not breaking rules. Unreal.

Police: McNair Mistress Wanted to 'End It All'

Posted Jul 8th 2009 3:35PM by TMZ Staff

In a presser today, police in Nashville, TN revealed the following about the death of Steve McNair -- an investigation they're saying "clearly points to a murder-suicide."

- Sahel Kazemi told friends her life was "all messed up" and she was "going to end it all" before the incident.

- Kazemi was extremely stressed -- she had two car payments, her roommate was moving out and she recently started thinking McNair was seeing someone else (he was actually married).

- The shell casings match the weapon purchased by Sahel and there was trace evidence on her left hand.

- The lack of struggle, Steve's position on the couch and the trajectory of the bullet leads police to believe McNair was "likely asleep" on the couch when he was shot.

Police: McNair Mistress Wanted to 'End It All'

Posted Jul 8th 2009 3:35PM by TMZ Staff

In a presser today, police in Nashville, TN revealed the following about the death of Steve McNair -- an investigation they're saying "clearly points to a murder-suicide."

- Sahel Kazemi told friends her life was "all messed up" and she was "going to end it all" before the incident.

- Kazemi was extremely stressed -- she had two car payments, her roommate was moving out and she recently started thinking McNair was seeing someone else (he was actually married).

- The shell casings match the weapon purchased by Sahel and there was trace evidence on her left hand.

- The lack of struggle, Steve's position on the couch and the trajectory of the bullet leads police to believe McNair was "likely asleep" on the couch when he was shot.

:shock: Including the Escalade SM "bought" for her and stuck her with the payments. Unreal.

What have I missed? What did Verde do wrong except express an opinion on a message board? Has she personally attacked anyone or broken any rules?

I have a few people personally ask me for you to be banned over the past few years. So for you to talk about no repercussions is just comical. Especially after some of the stuff we let you get away with over the years. Just comical.

You know what Gainzo? I will take you up on your offer. A rule is a rule. Joe got banned for it, I know you are trying to make him proud but we have no need for attacking people here.

I asked you personally to just back off of personal attacks. I told you that this place has become very unwelcoming and we are trying our best to clean it up right now.

You choose to attack anyway. Really nice.

LOL! She has done nothing wrong! and shes one of the coolest posters we have on this board.

I'm disappointed in you Steve. you should be setting an example for Joe. not following in his foot steps.

Archived