Sanchez to start vs. Ravens

Ghost

My point was that he didn't look like one against the Rams, but he will against Baltimore.

I'm curious to see how quickly we go from "Sanchez is the savior" to "the sky is falling".

i won't be one of the sky is falling guys. i'm pretty tame in my espectations of what sanchez will do this year. he's a rookie qb and will no doubtedly play like one at times...especially against the elite defenses of the league.

Have a feeling this board is going to look a lot different after the Ravens defense makes Sanchez look like a rookie.

Should be fun to watch, as he goes from savior to bust in 15 plays, lol.

Not really. Sanchez is going to look like he does in practice.

Have a feeling this board is going to look a lot different after the Ravens defense makes Sanchez look like a rookie.

Should be fun to watch, as he goes from savior to bust in 15 plays, lol.

With that attitude... why do you even bother?

Not really. Sanchez is going to look like he does in practice.

Really?

The Jets allow Ray Lewis to come into practice and rip his ****ing head off?

Comparing practicing against the Jets defense to playing in a live game against the Ravens defense is asinine.

I said nothing about me. Do you even understand what I was saying?

I was referring to most Jets fans tendency to over-react to everything to the most extreme degree possible.

You're exaggerating. You are.

Obviously some Jet fans have completely over-reacted to four preseason passes but I think for the most part people are just excited to see the kid looking good.

Whatever you can say about the Rams defense the fact of the matter is Sanchez looked good out there. He looked comfortable and came in on his first play and hit a strike downfield while under pressure to a WR who was far from open. That's impressive - Regardless of the opposition. Now the Ravens may absolutely take him apart but I doubt it will concern too many, I know it wont concern me. I like what I've seen and heard from Sanchez thus far and I'll not panic if he struggles against an elite defense in a preseason game where he'll in all likelihood be playing with a decimated offensive line. It is what it is.

If Sanchez stuggles against the Ravens I wont care. If he struggles week one against he Texans I'll care but not be overly concerned about him. He's a rookie and there will be struggles. This year what I'm looking to see is improvement throughout the season and hopefully some signs that he will one day be the QB we drafted him to be.

Good decision,he earned it Friday night imo. Lets hope our oline doesnt get him killed. Maybe Kellen can dial up deep to Clowney a few times on the 2nd team,and see if Clowney catches everything by anybody...then we know he's our #2 wr. :D

You're exaggerating. You are.

Obviously some Jet fans have completely over-reacted to four preseason passes but I think for the most part people are just excited to see the kid looking good.

Whatever you can say about the Rams defense the fact of the matter is Sanchez looked good out there. He looked comfortable and came in on his first play and hit a strike downfield while under pressure to a WR who was far from open. That's impressive - Regardless of the opposition. Now the Ravens may absolutely take him apart but I doubt it will concern too many, I know it wont concern me. I like what I've seen and heard from Sanchez thus far and I'll not panic if he struggles against an elite defense in a preseason game where he'll in all likelihood be playing with a decimated offensive line. It is what it is.

If Sanchez stuggles against the Ravens I wont care. If he struggles week one against he Texans I'll care but not be overly concerned about him. He's a rookie and there will be struggles. This year what I'm looking to see is improvement throughout the season and hopefully some signs that he will one day be the QB we drafted him to be.

Good post IJ.

Sure he's gonna have his struggles but he'll learn better from that than holding a clipboard imo.

At this point it isn't about whether he goes out there and does poorly or great, it is about is maturing process and learning the system. He could actually learn more from mistakes than success.

He needs more time that we don't have, so lets see what he has and get him ready to open the season.

BZ

At this point it isn't about whether he goes out there and does poorly or great, it is about is maturing process and learning the system. He could actually learn more from mistakes than success.

He needs more time that we don't have, so lets see what he has and get him ready to open the season.

BZ

I was just saying how I want to see Sanchez play more in the preseason and camp so he can make his rookie mistakes there instead of during games that count.

Archived