Arent you glad Sanchez isnt 'learning' by holding a clipboard?

SouthernJet

Why is it bothering me so much that you and CTM are making me out to be some raging homer because I defend 2 players and made the statement that the N.O/Miami losses didnt feel SOJish?

How long have we been reading each others ****? You 2 should know as well as anyone else that I have no faith in this team.

Look, I'm ashamed of myself for believing in the 09 Jets and then I have you two dip****s that I've been talking Jets Football for years with who have seen me in my mode and you're acting like I'm a homer its pissing me off...lol...stop rubbing my face in it.

The worst part is, I think I had worse projections for this season than you two did and I still took the bait.

I hate you both.

Huh? I'm talking about the thread where some of us were making the case that Sanchez might be better served holding a clipboard to start the season - an argument I thought you agreed with at the time (though I might be mistaken).

So, I'm not sure how your post related to what you quoted, but just because you decided to drink the Kool Aid this season, don't get all pissy with me. Stop letting Klecko convince you that this team is better than you know it actually is.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never said Clemens was good, I never said it couldnt be worse...it very well could be...Personally, I think a guy 4 years in the system and 4 years in the NFL with starting experience under his belt would be better suited for a team that is winning despite their QB playing awful.

Again, this team was not undefeated because of Sanchez, but this team is 3-3 because of Sanchez. I just got a feeling that Kellen doest make as many mistakes and that his arm could hold up in bad weather.

And like others have said, this was not an open competition. Clearly Sanchez was the favorite. And the bottom line is, we would not be in this situation with potentially a mentally damage rookie QB...which was all of us that wanted him holding a clip board were worried about.

well stated and I do agree with you. Too many of these guys are fans of another QB who is currently injured and they love to hate Clemens. They should be Jets fans first, last and always! If the kid is struggling and he is, why not see if we can win a few games with Kellen of Ainge? IMO Ainge looke dbetter then sanchez in preseason and deserved to start over him. Clemens never got a fair chance either! I'd like to see him finally play with a good OL; good receivers and a run game. What if he completely outplays Sanchez?

well stated and I do agree with you. Too many of these guys are fans of another QB who is currently injured and they love to hate Clemens. They should be Jets fans first, last and always! If the kid is struggling and he is, why not see if we can win a few games with Kellen of Ainge? IMO Ainge looke dbetter then sanchez in preseason and deserved to start over him. Clemens never got a fair chance either! I'd like to see him finally play with a good OL; good receivers and a run game. What if he completely outplays Sanchez?

Ainge was playing against 3rd string defenses, that's not even an issue. Regardless of how Sanchez has played so far, it's pretty obvious that you can't bench him now. When they gave him the ball in Week 1, they were throwing him the keys to the offense for good. You want to talk about a guy with a potentially damaged ego through six games, you can't possibly bench him. They knew from day one that if he went through some struggles along the way that he would have to fight through it. It's not going to help him, or the team for that matter, to threaten giving him a quick hook and having him look over his shoulder all the time.

As for the notion of Clemens completely outplaying Sanchez, he had his opportunity to do so and he couldn't. That's been my argument all along. What was the point of having Sanchez be the backup to a guy that he outperformed?

Statistically, Clemens' career stats are almost identical to what Sanchez has done this year which is sad in and of itself. Throw in the fact that Sanchez outplayed him in TC and the preseason despite the fact that he has four years more experience, where's the argument here?

Statistically, Brooks Bollinger owns them all. The only argument is how badly signing a superstar of that caliber will hurt our cap.

Huh? I'm talking about the thread where some of us were making the case that Sanchez might be better served holding a clipboard to start the season - an argument I thought you agreed with at the time (though I might be mistaken).

So, I'm not sure how your post related to what you quoted, but just because you decided to drink the Kool Aid this season, don't get all pissy with me. Stop letting Klecko convince you that this team is better than you know it actually is.

That was meant for another thread. Really weird. I dont konw how that ended up in this thread. I'm copying and pasting to the other thread. :donk:

See thats where I disagree. I dont think we can pull him now. Thats just not good for his mental. He can come back from a 5 INT peformance, he may never come back if you bench him for making mistakes. Especially knowing he is a rookie who doesnt have a ton of experience to speak of and the experience he had was like Varsity playing J.V.

I think we still lose to Miami. They were just destined to win that game.

He definitely wins yesterday and the way our D played in N.O., we'd win there too.

Lets just hope the wheels dont totally come off this team..lets hope we can struggle to stay in wild card race to make the games enjoyable on TV at least thru December..

Seeing as how Sanchez accounted for Houstons only points, I'd say yes. Our defense actually lived up to the hype that game..

ya, but he gave them points but he played well also.

But no one knows. Thats the bottom line..

With Jenkins out, this is all moot anyways.

• 2 months later...
Hats off to Rex Ryan for biting the bullet and starting and sticking with Sanchez.

Damn. The Kid looked great on the BIG STAGE as a freakin rookie on the ROAD.

Sanchez is looking relaxed and composed. Great job Rex and Sanchez.

alg_sanchez_jubi.jpg

no matter what happens in the play-offs this is great experience for him. nothign can substitute for actual play-off game experience.

I am, he was still going to be a rookie until he played 16 games. It takes a QB 16 games to really grasp the speed of the pro game.

game 17, he played like he started the season.

He'll still make mistakes, but the really bad ones will start to disappear.

BTW i love that TE leak to keller, they ran it on the 1st series to the right for a 1st down and then ran it again to the left and keller got that huge 40 yard gain.

I am, he was still going to be a rookie until he played 16 games. It takes a QB 16 games to really grasp the speed of the pro game.

game 17, he played like he started the season.

He'll still make mistakes, but the really bad ones will start to disappear.

agree. we had to bite bullet this year or next. i say sooner rather than later.

Kudos to Rex for right decision IMHO.

WOW!!!!

Major kudos to Rex Ryan for having the football smarts and insight to stick with Sanchez .

Rook coach, rook QB and we are still playing for the AFC Title.

And the big plus of having Sanchez played this year which will make 2010 a GREAT year as opposed to a 'learning year'.

Smart coach that Rex Ryan!!!!

WOW!!!!

Major kudos to Rex Ryan for having the football smarts and insight to stick with Sanchez .

Rook coach, rook Q and we are still playing for the AFC Title.

And the big plus of having Sanchez played this year which will make 2010 a GREAT year as opposed to a 'learning year'.

Smart coach that Rex Ryan!!!!

Weren't the minions clamoring for Jeff Garcia :cheers:

:confused:

you're nuts man!

Not the first time that's been said of me.

I didn't get in until 5 last night and am still in the best mood imaginable. Being 1 game away from the superbowl, I would think people would feel the same and would rather trash-talk Peyton Manning and Bill Polian and the rest of the faggot Colts than fellow Jets fans.

Not the first time that's been said of me.

I didn't get in until 5 last night and am still in the best mood imaginable. Being 1 game away from the superbowl, I would think people would feel the same and would rather trash-talk Peyton Manning and Bill Polian and the rest of the faggot Colts than fellow Jets fans.

hey fair enough but you did take his bait so... :cheers:

lol

Actually I just realized this was a bump of an older thread and didn't get originated today.

Sperm = fail

Its all good man.

We are all Jets fans and all want the same thing at end of day.

To have Jets good now and foundation for future. I 'think' we are there.

The quotes are because I am , alas, a Jets fan. ;)

Its all good man.

We are all Jets fans and all want the same thing at end of day.

To have Jets good now and foundation for future. I 'think' we are there.

The quotes are because I am , alas, a Jets fan. ;)

It always was all good. It's just better now.

Mrs. Sperm might even get some while the getting's good.

Well season over.

I repsect all opinions on whether Sanchez should have sat awhile or not.

I can see us with a better season record if he didnt play right away and IF we had a veteran not named Clemens.

But at the end of the day, I think what we saw from sanchez yesterday was something we might not have seen if he didnt have all those games under his belt.

I saw from him yesterday what you only see in a few. He hung in there till last second on throws, he threw off back foot a few times, he had great pocket awareness.

I hope I am not wrong, but I think 2010 is looking very bright with him experienced on opening day next year as opposed to many less games under his belt. Throw in Leon and Jenkins out, I think it ende dup a good thing we gave him 16 games to learn from this year.

I really think a 12 win season is within reach next year now.

In the end, we are all Jet fans and only want whats best for our team.

Have a great off-season.

Archived