Music, black/white or just music??

SouthernJet

Don't worry I'm on restriction.

Funny thing about music is the real black music is listened to more by rich old white people then anyone else.

Well I've got Funkadelic in my iPod, but I know I'm not rich, I'd like to think I'm not that old.

Music has been broken down into racial and cultural categories (i.e. Rap being Black, Rock being white, Country being for southern white etc.)

I myself, am black, and truthfully mainly listen to "rap" (but not the new garbage, old school) with the exception of some RnB. I choose within myself to not listen to rock, not that i don't believe it is good music or that its for white people, just for some strange reason it doesn't appeal to me. But i hate when people categorize others by what they listen to.

For example, i have a friend (whom is black) and listens to heavy amount of Rock. Everyone i know calls him a whiteboy for that, which i don't understand.

Basically what i'm saying is, **** it, listen to whatever you want. I won't be the one to judge you, its music.

Well said.

I'm sure these guys got laughed at when they ventured into rock:

RZ5SVDYBNrY

Doesn't change the fact that its one of the best hard rock songs EVER, and proved that music doesn't have to be about color.

That is one good pop rock song. The chorus is catchy as ****.

:funny_post:

Megadave - heroin abuse = s**ty albums.

And on topic, I like black metal.:mrgreen:

Endgame's pretty good. Dialectic Chaos, This Day We Fight, 1,320', 44 Minutes are all good. I don't like his vocals at all any more though. Here's some cannon fodder for the Megadave name: the back cover of the album is just Dave posing with a guitar in his hand, and the back flap of the front cover is the same picture. No other band members visible except in the album booklet. I'm surprised Dave didn't thank himself in the credits section.

Endgame's pretty good. Dialectic Chaos, This Day We Fight, 1,320', 44 Minutes are all good. I don't like his vocals at all any more though. Here's some cannon fodder for the Megadave name: the back cover of the album is just Dave posing with a guitar in his hand, and the back flap of the front cover is the same picture. No other band members visible except in the album booklet. I'm surprised Dave didn't thank himself in the credits section.

Megadeth ceased to exist when he got rid of Ellefson. These days it's just Dave Mustaine and Hired Help, though that name wouldn't sell as much.

Archived