Andre Dawson only one elected to BB Hall Of Fame

faba

I'm glad only one was elected. These Halls of Fame are turning into Halls of Very Good. Seriously, Art Monk is a HOFer?

baseball HOF has too many in it - but not enough negro leaguers in it

i'd like to see the BBHOF re-visit it's non-MLB hall of famers...negro leagues and japanese leagues specifically

yeah, there is nothing more that I would like to see than a bunch of Japanese players entered into the Hall, that no one know an inkling about.

Lol - so you say japanese players have no right to enter the baseball HOF?

http://baseballguru.com/ctomarkin/analysisctomarkin07.html

I just want to show you something as "food for thought" so to speak.

I understand that the level of play in Japanese leagues is akin to triple A baseball (compared to MLB) but guys like ICHIRO and MATSUI are making cases that the best Japanese players are capable of amazing feats in the MLB.

Ichiro is clearly headed to Cooperstown as a first ballot electee...why not atleast open up the door to Sadahara Oh?

and the Cooperstown HAll of FAme will NEVER be complete to me without Jose "The Black Diamond" Mendez being elected. No siree!

Negro leagues i dont have a problem with but it is the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum not the WORLD Baseball hall of fame and Museum. If japanese players come here and play and earn the right such as Ichiro i have no problem, but not just cause they played good in japan.

i respect that stance...but guys like Sadahara Oh didn't have the chance to play in the MLB due to the political climate at the time

• 3 weeks later...

Archived