PLEASE anybody but Heyward-Bey!!! Part 2(T.Mays)

Obrien2Toon

Please don't let Mays' combine fool us into taking him. He is a 3rd rounder at best.

And I'm a diehard USC fan who has seen just about all of his games.

If you took a picture of the prototypical football player it would be a pic with Mays, excepth one problem: He can't play football.

He has no feel for the game, and would be a huge mistake.

Sounds like someone else we know. (VG)

Gholston actually had college production.

Mays is the quintessential college enigma.

He's an athletic freak who did absolutely nothing in 3 yrs as a starter. That athleticism will make some teams overlook that as well as inability to backpedal and cover.

Gholston actually had college production.

Mays is the quintessential college enigma.

He's an athletic freak who did absolutely nothing in 3 yrs as a starter. That athleticism will make some teams overlook that as well as inability to backpedal and cover.

Saying he did nothing is ridiculous. He was a very good player. Whether or not he deserves to be a first rounder remains to be seen. He doesn't play up to his size/speed combo but that doesn't mean he isn't good.

Please don't let Mays' combine fool us into taking him. He is a 3rd rounder at best.

And I'm a diehard USC fan who has seen just about all of his games.

If you took a picture of the prototypical football player it would be a pic with Mays, excepth one problem: He can't play football.

He has no feel for the game, and would be a huge mistake.

Most people here are way ahead of you on this one. Mays is going to disappoint a team that takes him.

Saying he did nothing is ridiculous. He was a very good player. Whether or not he deserves to be a first rounder remains to be seen. He doesn't play up to his size/speed combo but that doesn't mean he isn't good.

Ridiculous?

What did he produce in college?

I have to believe the Jets learned this lesson from the Gholston fiasco. I have been a Jet fan for over 30 years (a bit too late for 1969) and I can't believe I am about to write this but its true: The Jets are savvy with regards to building the roster. They have made a few miscalculations (Sheppard, Gholston, Favre) but for the most part since the departure of Edwards and the demotion of Bradway the Jets have been excellent at talent evaluation and development. The hits far outweigh the misses. They will make a smart choice at #29.

I think that among Lowery, Ihedigbo and Eric Smith the Jets feel adequately covered at Safety. It might be the defense's weak link but its not a black hole either (ala Adrien Clarke at left Guard a few years back).

Actually, not playing up to his combo of size and speed does mean he isn't good. Good players at least play up to their capabilities. Great players exceed them.

I have to believe the Jets learned this lesson from the Gholston fiasco.

I agree. Can't see them going for the questionable workout warrior again this soon.

I think that among Lowery, Ihedigbo and Eric Smith the Jets feel adequately covered at Safety. It might be the defense's weak link but its not a black hole either (ala Adrien Clarke at left Guard a few years back).

Although I suspect that despite the hatred here, the Jets see Lowery as a CB, I have hope that this is how they feel about Smith and Ihedigbo. The Jets had to weigh what they had before dumping Rhodes for a 4th. I have to believe they didn't make that move thinking they'd have to draft a S in the first two rounds to replace him - and certainly that they wouldn't have to trade up in the first to replace him!

If they need a safety early, I hope they trade down, and get themselves an extra 3rd or 4th rounder, first.

Actually, not playing up to his combo of size and speed does mean he isn't good. Good players at least play up to their capabilities. Great players exceed them.

Bull****. A slow, small player that plays well above his capabilities could still suck while a giant, fast freak could play below his capability and be awesome. It's how well they play, not how well they play compared to their physical limitations. **** overachievers, I want players.

Seriously, we need a Safety now that Kerry is gone, but if we draft Mays I will be FURIOUS! The guy is SOOOOOO overrated and he's horrible in coverage. I want NO part of this guy come draft time. Roy Williams II

Archived