Clemens to take first team snaps...OTA's and minicamp?

NIGHT STALKER

Sanchez expected to miss some OTAs

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 1, 2010 6:08 PM ET

We're not sure what knee surgery Mark Sanchez got after the season, but we do know that he's not running six weeks after undergoing the procedure.

This is nothing for Jets fans to freak out about, but Kellen Clemens is likely to take first-team snaps from center for the Jets during OTAs and minicamp, according to the Newark Star-Ledger could be taking some snaps from center during OTAs.

Sanchez was asked when he could resume football activities.

"No clue yet," Sanchez said. "They've used the term 'cautiously aggressive.' They want to make sure I'm getting sore, the right kind of sore, without hurting it -- the kind of sore you can bounce back from. That's the way it's been the entire time. It's getting stronger. I'm just happy I can walk around already."

He hopes to participate in "as many OTAs as possible" but it sounds like he will miss a big chunk of pre-training camp practices.

one good thing that Sanchez said the other day was that this operation and his rehabbing now has forced him to be in NJ instead of lounging around eating tacos and In And Out burgers all off-season. He's been working hard and has been in the playbook every day.

one good thing that Sanchez said the other day was that this operation and his rehabbing now has forced him to be in NJ instead of lounging around eating tacos and In And Out burgers all off-season. He's been working hard and has been in the playbook every day.

He also said that he has been watching alot of film. I think he said he has seen each play at least three times. His rehabbing has requrired him to do a lot of classroom work that would not have taken place had he gone back to the left coast for the majority of the off season. He is appreciaiting the difference between college and the pros and the work it takes to be a leader in this league. This bodes well for us next season.

Problem with this. Clemens is not the answer. Why not have Ainge or O'Connell handle the snaps. Just in case. We all know KC cant get the job done. Or bring in the veteran backup now.

The funny thing is KC has shown nothing in both Pre season and Real action so why on earth do we not give a guy like Ainge a shot at becoming the No. 2 since he at least has shown promise in the pre season. I have not seen Oconnell at all but people say he has promise as well, that remains to be seen I guess. The only thing we know for sure is that Clemens is horrible.

For the life of me I can;t understand why your saying this in a negative light.

where do you get a good taco in north jersey?

Too bad theres no junk food in NY

The funny thing is KC has shown nothing in both Pre season and Real action so why on earth do we not give a guy like Ainge a shot at becoming the No. 2 since he at least has shown promise in the pre season. I have not seen Oconnell at all but people say he has promise as well, that remains to be seen I guess. The only thing we know for sure is that Clemens is horrible.

Actually he had a very good preseason in 2007. Of course that was the year that Mr. Open Competition Mangini announced Chad was the starter before camp.

Problem with this. Clemens is not the answer. Why not have Ainge or O'Connell handle the snaps. Just in case. We all know KC cant get the job done. Or bring in the veteran backup now.

Ainge & O'Connell aren't the "answer" either. At least with the latter we can hope that they won't embarrass themselves out there. Clemens close to embarrassed himself against the Bucs.

The Jets' SB hopes for the next 10 years hinges on Sanchez. No backup, no matter how good, is going to change that.

In any event, if Clemens is on the team he'll be the No. 2. He still has the most experience out of the backups. I bet Tanny is hoping some team is willing to trade a mid rounder for him.

what in gods name would have you think he would be putting on the pounds?? We arent talking about Jamarcus Russell...

And why not mention puerco pibil, or empanadas being that he is mexican...

He also said that he has been watching alot of film. I think he said he has seen each play at least three times. His rehabbing has requrired him to do a lot of classroom work that would not have taken place had he gone back to the left coast for the majority of the off season. He is appreciaiting the difference between college and the pros and the work it takes to be a leader in this league. This bodes well for us next season.

Ryan, Tanny, and Woody loved this kid bc of his poise, work ethic, and drive to be great...Why is this surprising to anyone(the film watching)? All we heard last camp was how Sanchez watched film, studied, and how he was further along than Clemens...

The weight comment by Sofla boggles the mind, but what I would do for an In And Out Burger...WOW...Did you hear about the April Fool's Joke with them?

Lets face it Jet fans, the NYJ have declared Sanchez a bust and are ready to move forward with Kellen Clemons. You guys should move up and draft Tim Tebow.

Fins Just Signed Lawrence Phillips as RB coach(no better mentor than him), and brought in Maurice Clarett to compete with Ronnie Brown and Rickey Williams for time at RB...

In his first drill with the team...Phillips was quoted as saying, "Fo half da time, we speak abouts Footsball...dee otha half, we speaks about drugs, hows not to git caught wit dem..."

Archived