Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

Rookie of the Game

Integrity

He had his first power role and went after everybody when he was town and scum. His contributions were always entertaining and thoughtful, as well as outlandish and at times bizarre.

He made 1 blatant mistake that the townies failed to catch. Prior to being converted he had been at Pac

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First off thanks for this... even though I was the only rookie IN the game. I appreciate it.

Second, I wrote up my case against CTM the night before I posted it. After the night phase, I posted my case and pursued it for a while... then all of a sudden I got notification that I had been assimilated. SO... in actuality, Dan shot be for a bad case against CTM that I made when I was still townie. It just turned into a lucky break that I had been converted between making that case and her shooting me.

The outlandish and bizarre was a combination of me being a doosh... me knowing I couldn't be Mr. Innocent this game (having a power role)... and me not being that good at this yet. Part calculated and part disaster. ;)

Oh well. I had fun.

The case against CTM did bring my attention to you, but it was also your convoluted response (after being assimilated) when I questioned you about Pac. You kind of hemmed and hawed about how you still thought Pac was scummy but didn't want to vote for him. It felt different than previous times when you were defending yourself. Just like with Slats, something he initially said as a townie caught my eye, but it was the combination of that with his sulkier demeanor. I spent a lot of time rereading posts before deciding who to shoot, so be it luck, instinct, or whatever, at the end of the day you guys seemed scummiest to me. Like I said, it could have gone very wrong if my shots missed against you but ended up killing CTM, haha.

The case against CTM did bring my attention to you, but it was also your convoluted response (after being assimilated) when I questioned you about Pac. You kind of hemmed and hawed about how you still thought Pac was scummy but didn't want to vote for him. It felt different than previous times when you were defending yourself. Just like with Slats, something he initially said as a townie caught my eye, but it was the combination of that with his sulkier demeanor. I spent a lot of time rereading posts before deciding who to shoot, so be it luck, instinct, or whatever, at the end of the day you guys seemed scummiest to me. Like I said, it could have gone very wrong if my shots missed against you but ended up killing CTM, haha.

I give you full credit on snuffing me out over that mess.

Even the scum team, who put in their request before my townie case against CTM, knew I was a goner once they saw me start chasing him.

You played excellent... and it was me saying you were being coached up, but I wasn't serious... just a big trash talker. ;)

well.. what ever it was you were awesome.. until you decided to shoot at me.. lol

i will never forgive you for that.. ;) i thought you we're picking up what i was doing all along, especially when you also came out with the bogus vest claim ...

but seriously, monster game..

well.. what ever it was you were awesome.. until you decided to shoot at me.. lol

i will never forgive you for that.. ;) i thought you we're picking up what i was doing all along, especially when you also came out with the bogus vest claim ...

It was even better than that!

DanX PM'd me (when she was still vig) just to bounce off a theory that CTM was the cop who didn't want people to know he was the cop so he lied about his role to protect himself.

I was floored that she came to that conclusion. Well played indead.

Now that I'm done being a prick (well on this particular topic), would also like to say great write-ups SMC. Outside of the one minor point of contention, everything you said was spot on. I certainly could / should have done things differently to help change the outcome as well, which is why I'm actually not really upset with the outcome. Really, I was more just arguing semantics. :-P

And the award for Dan X is definitely most deserved. She's the only reason the town had a chance and the ultimate reason the scum won. She's actually the one scum I will give credit to for winning. Well her and Vic, he's my boy. :-D

Don't need your credit we got the W instead. :cheers: For me Dan x and Pac are the MVP's. Pac bulldogged CTM, one of the best IMO, but Dan x won in the playoffs with another team. She came over and begrudgingly lead us to victory. Maybe an award for SMC for being so evil and diabolical along with brialliant on his first setup.

I give you full credit on snuffing me out over that mess.

Even the scum team, who put in their request before my townie case against CTM, knew I was a goner once they saw me start chasing him.

You played excellent... and it was me saying you were being coached up, but I wasn't serious... just a big trash talker. ;)

Not a problem! The first game I played, CTM was modding and afterwards joked he thought I found a way to read his PMs. Haha, I don't even know who could've been coaching me, aside from one of you or SMC.

And I'm impressed you were the first to figure out I was the vig, when everyone else thought it was Bleedin. Great game!

Haha, I know! I rushed my decision that night. I was panicking over how obvious it was that I had a night action because everyone was hanging around the thread waiting. So I jumped to the conclusion that you must have been trying to convert JiF the first night. But as soon as I sent the PM, I realized it made more sense for you to be the cop. I literally shouted "NO!!" at my computer. Luckily SMC PMed me right away saying it didn't go through, and that's when I told him I thought you were the cop.

Haha, I know! I rushed my decision that night. I was panicking over how obvious it was that I had a night action because everyone was hanging around the thread waiting. So I jumped to the conclusion that you must have been trying to convert JiF the first night. But as soon as I sent the PM, I realized it made more sense for you to be the cop. I literally shouted "NO!!" at my computer. Luckily SMC PMed me right away saying it didn't go through, and that's when I told him I thought you were the cop.

You're a great player.. I'm so glad you are back and out of the closet!

Who ever said battling merciless Xenometamorphs was supposed to be easy?

Exactly!

Bleedin' Sour Grapes Green can whine all he wants but the Humans had TWO WHOLE DAYS with only 1 Thing in the game and failed to lynch him.

And that Thing was freakin' Pac who is always suspect.

Bleedin was around on both days. Did he try to lynch Pac???? Nooooooo.

It's hard to claim the game was unbalanced against the town when the town had 2 straight cycles with a clear path to victory but blew it mightily.

Exactly!

Bleedin' Sour Grapes Green can whine all he wants but the Humans had TWO WHOLE DAYS with only 1 Thing in the game and failed to lynch him.

Bleedin was around on both days. Did he try to lynch Pac???? Nooooooo.

It's hard to claim the game was unbalanced against the town when the town had 2 straight cycles with a clear path to victory but blew it mightily.

you shut up

you loved every minute of it

:D

you shut up

you loved every minute of it

:D

I definitely did. You guys were so freakin' close to victory.

Nevertheless, I was overjoyed that it went down to the final 3. Dan X lied to you that you couldn't win though.

The point was to have the last 2 humans (one of them being a CIA agent) debate whether who should win.

JVoR got tired of the debate and Vicious'd. But I would have let it go on indefinitely until 1 of you decided whether to off Dan X or you.

In actuality, if the CIA agent believed he couldn't win he should have voted to torch the Thing. Yeah, he couldn't bring a specimen back as ordered, but at least he wasn't jeopardizing all of humanity by having the Thing live. LOL.

Nevertheless, I was overjoyed that it went down to the final 3. Dan X lied to you that you couldn't win though.

The point was to have the last 2 humans (one of them being a CIA agent) debate whether who should win.

JVoR got tired of the debate and Vicious'd. But I went have let it go one indefinitely until 1 of you decided whether to off Dan X or you.

In actuality, if the CIA agent believed he couldn't win he should have voted to torch the Thing. Yeah, he couldn't bring a specimen back as ordered, but at least he wasn't jeopardizing all of humanity by having the Thing live. LOL.

Wait, so if JVOR and I we're left standing, human win?

****!!!

What? Then why didn't JVoR hammer me??? Did he know?

I promise I did not lie ... I honestly thought CTM was deciding between us.

I could've done that. Technically, any one of us could've decided who was going to win. I could've voted Dan and humans would have one (though I would've lost)

Guess we could've clued CTM into that fact a little sooner. lol.

Wait, so if JVOR and I we're left standing, human win?

****!!!

Yep.

JVoR was 100% human. That's why your investigation came back as such.

He was simply on a government mission to bring back an alien. His mission would have failed but humanity would have been saved.

Instead, Dan X is about to wipe out all of humanity because of you 2.

I know ... no MVP award for Dan! For some reason I thought town + CIA = no one wins. Ooops.

Keep your MVP award, you earned it.

Don't worry, CTM didn't think alot of things through this game so when you inadvertently lied to him that he couldn't win he believed you.

That was the beauty of end game with 2 humans (including CIA) and Thing. The decision should have been between whether the CIA wins or the humans win. The Thing should have never been in the discussion.

But poor CTM was so screwed up he didn't think this through.

Remember, if a player is a survivor and it's the survivor and a townie last, the town wins.

I could've done that. Technically, any one of us could've decided who was going to win. I could've voted Dan and humans would have one (though I would've lost)

Guess we could've clued CTM into that fact a little sooner. lol.

H8 u..

i thought you were a SK and if it was me and you i lost

Yep.

JVoR was 100% human. That's why your investigation came back as such.

He was simply on a government mission to bring back an alien. His mission would have failed but humanity would have been saved.

Instead, Dan X is about to wipe out all of humanity because of you 2.

h8 u 2..

both of you are on my ****list... jvor and smc..

sob.. all that work

Keep your MVP award, you earned it.

Don't worry, CTM didn't think alot of things through this game so when you inadvertently lied to him that he couldn't win he believed you.

That was the beauty of end game with 2 humans (including CIA) and Thing. The decision should have been between whether the CIA wins or the humans win. The Thing should have never been in the discussion.

But poor CTM was so screwed up he didn't think this through.

Remember, if a player is a survivor and it's the survivor and a townie last, the town wins.

I thought he was a SK or something, or SK like role..

h8 u 2..

both of you are on my ****list... jvor and smc..

sob.. all that work

I thought he was a SK or something, or SK like role..

Don't h8 me, man.

Like other things in this game, you didn't think this through.

How could he possibly be a SK or SK like role?

-- He was human

-- He could track players. How could that be a SK trait?

-- He never killed anyone in the game.

-- You had earlier guessed he was survivor or there was a survivor in the game. If the last 2 are a townie & survivor the townie wins. That's basic mafia rules.

Based on what Dan X is saying now it's apparent that she didn't realize the ramifications of endgame (Shame on her :D because I told her about it in her conversion PM).

That's why I thought she was intentionally lying to you when she said you couldn't win. If anything, the odds were totally against her winning in endgame.

Yeah!!

wait..... what?

Don't h8 me, man.

-- He was human

-- You had earlier guessed he was survivor or there was a survivor in the game. If the last 2 are a townie & survivor the townie wins. That's basic mafia rules.

Based on what Dan X is saying now it's apparent that she didn't realize the ramifications of endgame (Shame on her :D because I told her about it in her conversion PM).

That's why I thought she was intentionally lying to you when she said you couldn't win. If anything, the odds were totally against her winning in endgame.

I "might" have had something to do with the misinformation about the win scenarios... I did everything I could to help push the message (via the other chat) that only the Agent or Scum could win, and that town was left with no viable win scenarios.

And "some people" said I sucked this game. :P

I "might" have had something to do with the misinformation about the win scenarios... I did everything I could to help push the message (via the other chat) that only the Agent or Scum could win, and that town was left with no viable win scenarios.

And "some people" said I sucked this game. :P

Hey, it worked!

You played well, especially considering this was your second game and you had been both doc and scum. That's difficult to pull off.

JVoR got tired of the debate and Vicious'd. But I would have let it go on indefinitely until 1 of you decided whether to off Dan X or you.

Me getting offed was the best thing possible.. Had it been me, CTM, and JVoR that "debate" would have lasted all of 2 minutes before they agreed to disintegrate me... We won because of CTM's desire to "mack" and JVoR's soft spot for his female friend. Diabolical! I LOVE IT! LOL

Don't h8 me, man.

-- He was human

Meh.. i had no idea he was human. Jvor said he was, but he also said I couldnt win. I had two people who were clearly a lot more informaed then I, telling me I couldn't win.

If you check back to the last game thread, I made a post saying I didnt know the details of the survivor role (that avm had), I've never had that role or given that role as a mod. THe only sole winning roles I've given was if it's 1 against 1, the win goes against the town. I assumed Jvor was in some way evil and regardless of powers would win in any even matched scenario.

I also assumed that cause you are a bastard, and the creator of the ACTMM, that this devilsihly constructed endgame was purposeful. So yes, i played identity politics with the mod :D

Me getting offed was the best thing possible.. Had it been me, CTM, and JVoR that "debate" would have lasted all of 2 minutes before they agreed to disintegrate me... We won because of CTM's desire to "mack" and JVoR's soft spot for his female friend. Diabolical! I LOVE IT! LOL

First off, the reason I voted was what I said it was. Dan said there was drama in the sign up thread, I checked it, saw Vic bowing out of the game, put 2 and 2 together, and thought I'd let him off the hook so to speak. Vic did something impulsive that frankly would've been my first temptation as well (i had thought to myself i'd step away from the game for a bit to make sure i didn't get goaded into something similiar if assimilated) I was sure he felt bad and that you aholes we're giving him a hard time

Also, if vic didnt selfvote that last day, it just would've made it clear to me that dan X ws evil and we might of went to random lynch were things could've shook out a lot differently.. I have to imagine if the mod was around at end game , he would've tipped me off to being able to win, which would of made for a much different scenario

Archived