Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It didnt help I went ballistic when Crusher was lynched without waiting for his lunch break to post. He said he had info and we didnt let him talk.

As far as Crusher being scum, me being scum is concerned...it was pretty wise not to because everyone would expect that...I'm sure someone would have busted that out if I had to defend a lynch.

By the way, I was wrong when I said there weren't any innocents killed by the town in the movie. Just so happened, first lynch victim AVM's character was shot in the face by CTM.

Is it cool withnyounif I'm in the next one?

Jeez. My play was getting exact opposite results of what I thought it was displaying.

I mean, you totally got investigated, so success there. You were just busy and we hyper lynched you. That wasn't your fault. We got punch drunk lynching Crusher quickly, so it was easy to do that sort of thing.

Also, how many day cycles did we do today? Went so fast at the end.

Cool Im just glad OUR Ineptitude didn;t make SMC's awesome setup a one day and done deal. Was very very close.

Yeah, good thing people have a soft spot for you or we might have been the first two lynches. Lol, I really played a terrible game while alive.

I mean, you totally got investigated, so success there. You were just busy and we hyper lynched you. That wasn't your fault. We got punch drunk lynching Crusher quickly, so it was easy to do that sort of thing.

Also, how many day cycles did we do today? Went so fast at the end.

I've never seen a lynch as quick as mine..

I was going to come in and try to at least give some doubt and I was toast... I just kind of sat there with a blank stare at the monitor lol.

well some of you I'm sure will be glad it was me who got worked this game..

I was literally clueless as stuff kept changing.

the big mistake was obviously lynching jif..

We thought for sure you were the FBI agent forever. Seriously. It seemed at the end that you knew for sure that Pac was the last scum, and you were doing everything in your power to keep him alive. Lol!

Crusher, your emotional post was like award winning. It really made me be okay with getting lynched over you. lol.

I was innocent at the time and stubbornly kept my vote there... I only took it off because he'd won everyone over and I'd look like more of an a-hole then I already do if I kept it there.

Town would have won if we lynched him but he dug deep and dropped some genius on our asses.

Crusher, your emotional post was like award winning. It really made me be okay with getting lynched over you. lol.

Not really. Cause I wasn;t acting. I was generally upset because I felt like I let scm down by being too aggressive and having a little too much of the stoopid.

We thought for sure you were the FBI agent forever. Seriously. It seemed at the end that you knew for sure that Pac was the last scum, and you were doing everything in your power to keep him alive. Lol!

I thought you guys knew for awhile i was very paranoid about that...

By the end i had no choice, CTM would know Dan was the thing so you guys would naturally know I was the agent. meh. My hands were tied.

By the end i had no choice, CTM would know Dan was the thing so you guys would naturally know I was the agent. meh. My hands were tied.

Thank Dan you weren't lynched when BG was... I decided to just follow CTMs lead knowing that whoever he chose would be innocent. I was trying to undermine him but yall weren't biting.

Had I known you were the FBI agent I wouldn't have peeled the vote but at the time we still thought it was CTM.

You were great.

You're lucky I was killed when I was. I swear, town or Thing, I would've come after you the same way. Made absolutely no sense to me that there'd be a townie watcher in the game. Drove me nuts that no one saw it that way the second day!

And CTM was giving us clues that he was FBI obviously without realizing it. Saying that he couldn't be converted, that he had pro-town powers but not really saying he was town. He helped you out a lot! Lol!

You were great.

You're lucky I was killed when I was. I swear, town or Thing, I would've come after you the same way. Made absolutely no sense to me that there'd be a townie watcher in the game. Drove me nuts that no one saw it that way the second day!

And CTM was giving us clues that he was FBI obviously without realizing it. Saying that he couldn't be converted, that he had pro-town powers but not really saying he was town. He helped you out a lot! Lol!

Not really. Cause I wasn;t acting. I was generally upset because I felt like I let scm down by being too aggressive and having a little too much of the stoopid.

Am I cool with you two?

Lol.. the fact that i had no vest and pac visited me made me think he was innocent, despite everything else telling me he was a phoney

This game was ****ed up. Definitely did the source material justice great job SMC!

I'm assuming the 3 of you are Macready, Childs, and Blair. Very fitting that those 3 would be the end game.

I remember reading interviews with Kurt Russell and John Carpenter who themselves either a)don't know who was a Thing at the end of the movie or B) aren't willing to reveal that. Either way it seems very fitting this game was no win for the town.

So just to recap. On top of the Thing's owning over 50% of the game, there was a third party player in this game as well AND the Thing's were made of aware of his existence and the town was not?

In this case, I would like to send a special thanks to AVM, JiF and CTM. Also a nice pat on the back to JVOR for a hell of an effort. As for the rest of you? You can kiss the fattest part of my ass.

BTW CTM, you should've given the win to JVOR. At least HE actually you know, EARNED it.

yes! that fat jerk..

I don't ever want to hear anymore about how i'm so untrustowrthy.. crusher duped us all hardcore..

This game was ****ed up. Definitely did the source material justice great job SMC!

I'm assuming the 3 of you are Macready, Childs, and Blair. Very fitting that those 3 would be the end game.

I remember reading interviews with Kurt Russell and John Carpenter who themselves either a)don't know who was a Thing at the end of the movie or B) aren't willing to reveal that. Either way it seems very fitting this game was no win for the town.

SMC did an awesome job with the setup and as mod. The man deserves major props.

Knowing the probabilities he built in, the scum really just got lucky on a couple conversions - like mine. The game really wasn't tilted against the town at all. Not one Thing was on JiF's speed lynch, for instance.

Pac was masterful at the end, too. I'll be more leery of him than ever next game. Lol!

BTW CTM, you should've given the win to JVOR. At least HE actually you know, EARNED it.

it was a tough call, he had just pissed me off by ****ing with me and just when i was settling down, i read vic's opting out in the star wars game and figured i'd throw them a bone..

what i'd really like to know, is if the scum only had a % chance at convert, what was it, and how'd they 2 the last 2 nights..

So just to recap. On top of the Thing's owning over 50% of the game, there was a third party player in this game as well AND the Thing's were made of aware of his existence and the town was not?

In this case, I would like to send a special thanks to AVM, JiF and CTM. Also a nice pat on the back to JVOR for a hell of an effort. As for the rest of you? You can kiss the fattest part of my ass.

In SMC's opening scene, he tells you, "...be warned, research team, there are human members among you that may be an ally or ultimately an enemy."

I talked about this a lot before I was converted. Too bad the rest of you missed it. :P

In SMC's opening scene, he tells you, "...be warned, research team, there are human members among you that may be an ally or ultimately an enemy."

I talked about this a lot before I was converted. Too bad the rest of you missed it. :P

I took that to mean, former townie been converted.. like Dan..

By the way, scummates, the most entertaining part of the game had to be when I read back in your chat thread and saw Pac wanting to "punch her in the face" and the debate about whether or not I look like Margaret Cho naked. Really nice. ;)

By the way, scummates, the most entertaining part of the game had to be when I read back in your chat thread and saw Pac wanting to "punch her in the face" and the debate about whether or not I look like Margaret Cho naked. Really nice. ;)

I missed the Margaret Cho portion of the conversation, but that doesn't mean I'm not curious.

ohhh wow.. dummies.. lol

crusher set up a quicktext (or whatever it's called) i gather?

LOL

You were killing me!!!! I was scratching and clawing to try and undermine CTM because I thought he was the Agent. I thought you were unwittingly serving him up a win!

I wouldn't really punch you in the face.... now CTM.... yeah prolly.

Incidentally some of your lines in that frantic last scramble both on thread and in chat were some of the biggest LOL's I got all game... really funny stuff!

Incidentally some of your lines in that frantic last scramble both on thread and in chat were some of the biggest LOL's I got all game... really funny stuff!

I definitely enjoyed seeing the game fall to pieces, haha. Vic's picture really took the cake, though!

Yeah, I never used one of those before. Seemed funny to say things like that in a conversion game, hahaha.

apparently pac said them right before converting you..

dumbass..

i'd never read that thread... i cant imagine how blasted i was getting in there..

Archived