Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so you were an innocent and lied about being the doctor?

or were you really the doctor?

how'd you know i wasnt?

After you initially described your powers I pmed SMC that I had an innocent read on you and that you were probably the cop.

1) Why protect JiF ;)

2) JiF was pretty scummy. I watched JiF because he was scummy and I wanted to see if he was leaving at night. When I saw you were there, i figured you were thinking the same thing because he was one of your suspects. I waited to see you post after the day ended and you breadcrumbed jif by doing a 180 among other posts. I saw nothing different about the way JiF was acting so i figured you got a result.

3) When you claimed what you did, I had a feeling you were just trying to protect you and or me from conversion.

What an interesting game.

Great set up SMC...really out did yourself.

Pac really played well in those middle rounds. JVOR played great. Dan X hypnotized us. Crusher is beautiful.

CTM - ifukh8u - I blame this all on you.

My favorite part was when I killed my first scum. Sharrow.

...And when you cried like an Olsen twin getting her cherry popped by Bob Saget.

What an interesting game.

Great set up SMC...really out did yourself.

Pac really played well in those middle rounds. JVOR played great. Dan X hypnotized us. Crusher is beautiful.

CTM - ifukh8u - I blame this all on you.

Dude when you got torched I LOL'D for 15 minutes at work.. I almost had tears in my eyes.

When SMC's little graphic come up I heard that flamethrower showering you and you didn't even get to say a peep. I really lost it. :rl:

I have my name in the other game. For the scum team, I leave it up to you if you want me to play or not. I tried helping out in the end but maybe it's too little too late.

Yes, for the record, Vicious worked his butt off at the end trying to help me think of ways to convince CTM to vote JVoR. I appreciated it.

Town NEVER had a chance in this game.

The minute you convinced us all not to torch you and JVOR because you were town power roles, it was always going to come down to JVOR or scum winning.

Not to sound totally full of myself but I'm pretty damn sure the town would have won this game if I didnt get speed lynched. It was the turning point in the game because the numbers got shifted and opportunity was created. If I was allowed to speak, I would have revealed.

Before Pac revealed, I was pretty damn certain BG shared my role as well. Some of our conversations hinted toward it. The reveal threw me off, but you gotta figure if I came out with my role and BG had his, he's probably call Pac's bluff there and vote him out. 4 Doc's in 1 game...clearly speculation, but definitely sound reason.

well some of you I'm sure will be glad it was me who got worked this game..

I was literally clueless as stuff kept changing.

the big mistake was obviously lynching jif..

Man, you would've never lived it down if you self voted to prove a point to me. ;)

Honestly, had I been roleless I would've been just as lost. A lot of changing alignments with very little evidence to go on.

Luckily we had unconvertibles. That really was a good way to balance it.

Yes, for the record, Vicious worked his butt off at the end trying to help me think of ways to convince CTM to vote JVoR. I appreciated it.

it was vic who convinced me, even if too a tad too late..

i was sitting there at the end thinking there's no way i'm going to screw everyone over if I get converted, I'll never be trusted again.. I had no idea conversions could fail.. I was trying to decide if I would lay down and die but knew i couldn't..

I have my name in the other game. For the scum team, I leave it up to you if you want me to play or not. I tried helping out in the end but maybe it's too little too late.

I don't have an issue with it.. I'm not gonna lie I was pissed but seeing CTM squirm around like a worm at the end washed all the pain away.

Not to mention you did turn it around in chat with assistance on getting CTM to give us the win.

it was vic who convinced me, even if too a tad too late..

i was sitting there at the end thinking there's no way i'm going to screw everyone over if I get converted, I'll never be trusted again.. I had no idea conversions could fail.. I was trying to decide if I would lay down and die but knew i couldn't..

That's what really hurt you guys. If you knew they could fail, you might have taken enough time to avoid the quick lynches on JIF and BG.

Not to sound totally full of myself but I'm pretty damn sure the town would have won this game if I didnt get speed lynched. It was the turning point in the game because the numbers got shifted and opportunity was created. If I was allowed to speak, I would have revealed.

Before Pac revealed, I was pretty damn certain BG shared my role as well. Some of our conversations hinted toward it. The reveal threw me off, but you gotta figure if I came out with my role and BG had his, he's probably call Pac's bluff there and vote him out. 4 Doc's in 1 game...clearly speculation, but definitely sound reason.

Really tried hard to push the time is an issue thing that day. I mean, I wasn't totally sure if it was anyways, but the thought of the pressure with you being at L-2 and it not being me was good enough. lol.

i agree that was the big mistake..

and i never do that.. ever... First time i've been apart of a lynch like that and it totally boned the game..

pac's peek-a-boo hammer of bleedin was just as bad. in that case I really thought smc was going to give me a chance to unvote..

ohh well...

I don't have an issue with it.. I'm not gonna lie I was pissed but seeing CTM squirm around like a worm at the end washed all the pain away.

Not to mention you did turn it around in chat with assistance on getting CTM to give us the win.

Personally I think the key to the game was the dialogue you had with the dead-scummers that helped keep you alive as the single scum for what 2 days?

Even with Jif dead, they had a huge numbers advantage and didn't realize they could take the risk of calling your bluff... mostly because of the **** you were saying. With all those bulletproof vests, why were they so scared to lose a doc with limited protection ability... who most of them doubted was the doc (given my character being the doc in the movie!!!)

After you initially described your powers I pmed SMC that I had an innocent read on you and that you were probably the cop.

1) Why protect JiF ;)

2) JiF was pretty scummy. I watched JiF because he was scummy and I wanted to see if he was leaving at night. When I saw you were there, i figured you were thinking the same thing because he was one of your suspects. I waited to see you post after the day ended and you breadcrumbed jif by doing a 180 among other posts. I saw nothing different about the way JiF was acting so i figured you got a result.

3) When you claimed what you did, I had a feeling you were just trying to protect you and or me from conversion.

I was trying to draw attention because I knew I had a valuable role. Figured if I got a investigation early, I'd have help on my side to make it through the day.

Also was trying to make it just enough to where I might be a conversion attempt. I was hoping they would try and call my bluff when I started in with the "bad ass mofo" stuff.

Both backfired...lol

My favorite part was when I killed my first scum. Sharrow.

...And when you cried like an Olsen twin getting her cherry popped by Bob Saget.

gfy ead esad gth

Dude when you got torched I LOL'D for 15 minutes at work.. I almost had tears in my eyes.

When SMC's little graphic come up I heard that flamethrower showering you and you didn't even get to say a peep. I really lost it. :rl:

I bet you did. Dick. I should have known better when you reveald...

well some of you I'm sure will be glad it was me who got worked this game..

I was literally clueless as stuff kept changing.

the big mistake was obviously lynching jif..

h8u4evr

and i never do that.. ever... First time i've been apart of a lynch like that and it totally boned the game..

pac's peek-a-boo hammer of bleedin was just as bad. in that case I really thought smc was going to give me a chance to unvote..

ohh well...

but remember.. no Vic self vote and you don't spend the last hour deciding the win. We had #'s at that point and you would have lynched JVoR in all likelyhood.

That's what really hurt you guys. If you knew they could fail, you might have taken enough time to avoid the quick lynches on JIF and BG.

yeah.. particularly jif..

smc kept warning us to make confident decisions, time beign a factor seemed like a plausible idea, and crusher beign scum pointed to jif also being scum..

anyway.. great games by a lot of folks.. sorry, whats left of the town.. I boned it :(

ohh well...

Note to self... when games go beyond 250 pages, CTM becomes vulnerable...

Personally I think the key to the game was the dialogue you had with the dead-scummers that helped keep you alive as the single scum for what 2 days?

Even with Jif dead, they had a huge numbers advantage and didn't realize they could take the risk of calling your bluff... mostly because of the **** you were saying. With all those bulletproof vests, why were they so scared to lose a doc with limited protection ability... who most of them doubted was the doc (given my character being the doc in the movie!!!)

moral of the story. Claim a power role and people are afraid of lynching you. It happens practically every game. Hell, a long time ago a player named woodypaige claimed doctor and then left for like 36 hours or so before we finally manned up to lynching him as scum without him saying a word after his reveal.

smc kept warning us to make confident decisions, time beign a factor seemed like a plausible idea, and crusher beign scum pointed to jif also being scum..

anyway.. great games by a lot of folks.. sorry, whats left of the town.. I boned it :(

Happens to the best of us. You also played a good game, imo. It was just hard for you to know when the tide had turned.

Note to self... when games go beyond 250 pages, CTM becomes vulnerable...

dude the stuff with you was cause i thought you were misguided townie and i didn't want you to force me to talk anymore about my abilities, i was lying through my teeth in an effort to prevent being converted.. lol

no offense intended, i just figured dissmissing you was a good way of avoiding answering your questions or have anyone else start asking them..

It didnt help I went ballistic when Crusher was lynched without waiting for his lunch break to post. He said he had info and we didnt let him talk.

As far as Crusher being scum, me being scum is concerned...it was pretty wise not to because everyone would expect that...I'm sure someone would have busted that out if I had to defend a lynch.

I didn't believe it but i also knew i wasn't the real doctor..

if you're death scene had said converted doctor, it would've never worked..

btw.. why didn't it say converted doctor?

It didnt help I went ballistic when Crusher was lynched without waiting for his lunch break to post. He said he had info and we didnt let him talk.

As far as Crusher being scum, me being scum is concerned...it was pretty wise not to because everyone would expect that...I'm sure someone would have busted that out if I had to defend a lynch.

You going ballistic when crusher was lynched made me think you were town, tbh. But that's what I wanted, so you weren't gonna get my help, exactly. ;)

lol.. but that's a wifom..

i would've bet that crusher would not have been able to resist you ;)

You going ballistic when crusher was lynched made me think you were town, tbh. But that's what I wanted, so you weren't gonna get my help, exactly. ;)

Jeez. My play was getting exact opposite results of what I thought it was displaying.

Archived