Lets play the would you rather game....

CoachTsurfing

Marshall is the better player, but I would still rather have Holmes. If you get Marshall for a second. You would have to give him a contract. A second in this draft is a fair sized investment. It will most likely be a useable player. If Marshall doesn

Im happy with what we have but I would rather have seen Marshall here.

We dont have Holmes for the first 4 games which means it will take even longer for him and Sanchez to get used to one another. For this reason I dont expect Big numbers from Holmes. NOW if he were to get signed by the Jets I think we could see big numbers in 2011.

Calling our WR corps top 3 in the NFL is a bit premature nick. I would say we moved into the top ten.

Someone mentioned Marshall's next offense gets him a 4 game suspension well then what does Santonio get for his next offense ? 10 games or a full season ? bad analogy

The Jets got the better deal IMO.

While Marshall may be some what better than Holmes, we gave up much less and have the option on whether we want to keep him or not.

He will be playing for a contract and on his best behavior, plus his issues were away from the locker room.

Marshall has shown to be a distraction in the locker room and he's already raked in the guaranteed money!

Even if we lose Holmes after a decent year, we'll probably get a 3rd round pick for him.

Not bad, 12 games plus playoffs and a 3rd for a 5th. :)

Or he plays well and we keep him long term for a 5th, that's better than two 2's and an instant contract if you ask me.

holmes because our receiving corps as it is now is like top-3 in the nfl and we still have our 1st and 2nd round picks to use and LW for trade bait if need be.

I really don't see us getting rid of Leon. After an injury season, and all the money hes been demanding I don't think anyone would want him, but I do. If we get rid of him, then we need another RB. Shonn Greene is great, but we cant give him the ball every time, and I don't LT being his back up. The three of them are going to be a better version of Earth, Wind and Fire. They're gonna be like Zeus, Poseidon and Hades.

We dont have Holmes for the first 4 games which means it will take even longer for him and Sanchez to get used to one another. For this reason I dont expect Big numbers from Holmes. NOW if he were to get signed by the Jets I think we could see big numbers in 2011.

Calling our WR corps top 3 in the NFL is a bit premature nick. I would say we moved into the top ten.

Someone mentioned Marshall's next offense gets him a 4 game suspension well then what does Santonio get for his next offense ? 10 games or a full season ? bad analogy

i challenge you to find 9 teams with a better stable of receivers. also...it's been brought up already but it bears repeating....holes is a much better compliment to our imcumbent receivers. he is a true deep threat and he plays with heart. marshall is a cry-baby diva who is more of apossession type receiver anyway. he's also the type of receiver that revis shouldn't have too much of a problem covering.

i challenge you to find 9 teams with a better stable of receivers. also...it's been brought up already but it bears repeating....holes is a much better compliment to our imcumbent receivers. he is a true deep threat and he plays with heart. marshall is a cry-baby diva who is more of apossession type receiver anyway. he's also the type of receiver that revis shouldn't have too much of a problem covering.

Nick by saying we moved into the top ten in WR's is not saying I think there are 9 better teams out there Im just stating the fact we improved signifigantly. I also did not say where in the top ten we will wind up. It could be 6th it could be 9th, hell it could even be thrid like you suggested but I cant put us top 3 just yet because too many factors are in play next year we wont see Holmes for 4 games and thats a huge factor. I cant put anyone in a top 5 or top 3 until I actully see something on the field plus we also have to see what we really have with Sanchez. While I think Sanchez will be a great QB he still has alot to prove on the field in the passing game.

Holmes fits better with the two receivers we have already. Marshall duplicates some of the same things you already get from Edwards and Cotchery. We needed a deep threat to pair with two possession receivers. Holmes is the much better deep threat.

Edwards is about as far from a posession receiver as you can get.

That makes no sense. Sanchez and Holmes have the rest of the OTAs, training camp and four preseason games to develop chemistry. Its not like Holmes won't be allowed to have anything to do with the team until week 5. He will only be separated from the team for the duration of his suspension which starts week one and ends week four. Until then he is part of the team.

The Jets got the better deal IMO.

While Marshall may be some what better than Holmes, we gave up much less and have the option on whether we want to keep him or not.

He will be playing for a contract and on his best behavior, plus his issues were away from the locker room.

Marshall has shown to be a distraction in the locker room and he's already raked in the guaranteed money!

Even if we lose Holmes after a decent year, we'll probably get a 3rd round pick for him.

Not bad, 12 games plus playoffs and a 3rd for a 5th. :)

Or he plays well and we keep him long term for a 5th, that's better than two 2's and an instant contract if you ask me.

Is he really? Sure, he catches more passes but Holmes tends to do more with the ball once he catches it.

They've both been in the league four years, Marshall's played 61 games, Holmes 60. Marshall has caught 92 more passes but has only gained 184 more yards giving Holmes a four-yard edge in yards per catch. Marshall has 25 TDs while Holmes has 20.

You also have to account for the teams they played for. Holmes played on a much better team with much better teammates around him. Who were the other receiving options in Denver the last four years? Holmes played with Hines Ward and was never his team's number one option.

To me, these two are equal in talent. Who knows how they perform in each other's circumstances the last four years. The Jets got a much better value only giving up a fifth and a guy who is going to be cheaper to re-sign if they chose to but has proven to be the more explosive player.

That makes no sense. Sanchez and Holmes have the rest of the OTAs, training camp and four preseason games to develop chemistry. Its not like Holmes won't be allowed to have anything to do with the team until week 5. He will only be separated from the team for the duration of his suspension which starts week one and ends week four. Until then he is part of the team.

So Klecko you are claiming OTA's and Preseason then a 4 week layoff are just fine and dandy ? Come on man you know better than that. A QB getting in Sync with his recievers is one of the tougher situations in the sport.

It makes plenty of sense to me that the 4 game suspension can and will have an effect on the chemistry, how big of an effect remains to be seen. But if you think Holmes will just walk in, in week 5 and be rihgt on the same page with Sanchez your asking for a hell of alot. Take it for what it is Kleck, not for what you hope it to be.

Is he really? Sure, he catches more passes but Holmes tends to do more with the ball once he catches it.

They've both been in the league four years, Marshall's played 61 games, Holmes 60. Marshall has caught 92 more passes but has only gained 184 more yards giving Holmes a four-yard edge in yards per catch. Marshall has 25 TDs while Holmes has 20.

You also have to account for the teams they played for. Holmes played on a much better team with much better teammates around him. Who were the other receiving options in Denver the last four years? Holmes played with Hines Ward and was never his team's number one option.

To me, these two are equal in talent. Who knows how they perform in each other's circumstances the last four years. The Jets got a much better value only giving up a fifth and a guy who is going to be cheaper to re-sign if they chose to but has proven to be the more explosive player.

Klecko.. Marshall is a much better WR than Holmes and from the mouths of CB's they say hes one of the hardest receivers to bring down after the catch. Holmes may have the YPC avg but when you need that big 3rd and 8 late in the 4th would you rather throw to the 5' 11 Holmes or the 6' 4 Marshall ? In a ball control offense Marshall would be the right answer.

Marshall is the better player(is like a rich mans Keyshawn), but I'd say Santonio is underrated. He's a damn good reciever.

This !

We all remember what happened to our offense when we Traded Key it sure as hell was not the same dominant offense without him moving the chains. That one move disrupted our entire offensive chemistry. We had to move Chrebet to WR when he was clearly More effective in the slot. Sure we got great draft picks but Key was a big part of what made us great in 98.

This !

We all remember what happened to our offense when we Traded Key it sure as hell was not the same dominant offense without him moving the chains. That one move disrupted our entire offensive chemistry. We had to move Chrebet to WR when he was clearly More effective in the slot. Sure we got great draft picks but Key was a big part of what made us great in 98.

1998 - healthy Vinny, Keyshawn, Charlie Weis calling plays

1999 - no Vinny, Keyshawn, Charlie Weis calling plays

2000 - healthy Vinny, no Keyshawn, Charlie Weis no longer calling plays

Keyshawn's absence certainly had an effect on our offense but Charlie Weis being gone had a greater impact.

So Klecko you are claiming OTA's and Preseason then a 4 week layoff are just fine and dandy ? Come on man you know better than that. A QB getting in Sync with his recievers is one of the tougher situations in the sport.

It makes plenty of sense to me that the 4 game suspension can and will have an effect on the chemistry, how big of an effect remains to be seen. But if you think Holmes will just walk in, in week 5 and be rihgt on the same page with Sanchez your asking for a hell of alot. Take it for what it is Kleck, not for what you hope it to be.

If that's such a big deal then maybe Edwards will be a monster. He'll have the full offseason to get in synch. I don't expect Holmes to walk in off the street, and be on the same page, but it will be much better than what Edwards did in '09. Not only will he have more time with the team and playbook, but barring injury, he'll be able to walk in as the #3 and be worked in rather than be the #2 a few days after the trade.

1998 - healthy Vinny, Keyshawn, Charlie Weis calling plays

1999 - no Vinny, Keyshawn, Charlie Weis calling plays

2000 - healthy Vinny, no Keyshawn, Charlie Weis no longer calling plays

Keyshawn's absence certainly had an effect on our offense but Charlie Weis being gone had a greater impact.

I agree 100 %

Archived