Star Wars Mafia

Bleedin Green

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doggin pinged my radar early, then made one short, simple post that really rang true to me as town based on what little I know so far.

The end of the first day phase is early in the game.

I bickered with CTM?

I see. I immediatley started thinking about the brutal first half of the day phase when I was going crazy trying to play for two.. I did slow down later in the first day phase. I was comparing early day one last game to early day one this game. Just got so annoiyed when you said it because I was frazzled the fist part of day one last game and thats what I assumed you where talking aboput. . I must have bitched to SMC about 6times.

Interesting and sorry I missed that. Than I will def have to put a FOS on DPR. Anyone who would bring that up would be thinking like scum imo. Am I wrong?

Yes. Anything that makes scum think twice about targeting a known innocent is worthwhile and town friendly.

FWIW, the one other time I've seen a player start the game as a mod confirmed innocent, he was a townie whose win condition was "get lynched".

Just got back for the night.. here are my thoughts (however ridiculous they could be)

I think Crusher is ok.. its just his style to get very defensive when someone votes him (thats fine, he likes playing, doesnt want to get lynched.. understandable)

Oh hell, Bret, why'd you go and do that for? I have my "let the newbs see day 2" rule, but you're tempting me to break it.

You've never played this game before, certainly not with Crush. How would you have any sense of what his "style" might be?

Oh hell, Bret, why'd you go and do that for? I have my "let the newbs see day 2" rule, but you're tempting me to break it.

You've never played this game before, certainly not with Crush. How would you have any sense of what his "style" might be?

I read parts of fat and happy and read every single post in The Thing.. so Im not going into this completely ignorant of everybody

Bull****. You've seen a bomb, a solo win, and a "decoy" before. You may not have palyed, but you comment often enought that I know you've seen it before.

Lying does not become you.

I agree! That actually makes the most sense so far! If I'm not pinging you, then you are probably ready for a real estate proposal...there's a bridge I know for sale...:character0282:

But, go past that and take for granted that I know what I'm doing - I'm suggesting that you listen to your instincts - and if that inner voice says to vote for me, then vote for me - but link the post that set you off so that we all can see. That way we get the most accurate and unbiased opinion. See?

Where's Doggin? He's usually around on Mondays and up for a debate...

In another mafia game over on DM, working, giving out points in the DO thread, and dealing with some RL crap that is going to take more of my time than I want to admit for the next little bit, unfortunately. I'm catching up now.

FWIW I recall him saying in the signup that he had followed our last game.

I read parts of fat and happy and read every single post in The Thing.. so Im not going into this completely ignorant of everybody

OK - I did not read the Thing. Could you link me to a post in Fat & Happy that shows Crush reacting to one or two votes with this much heat?

Bah - do what you want to do and vote where you want to vote - I'll never tell you otherwise. The thread you suggest has been posted many times, but a history will probably serve you better. Here are the games I've invented and modded: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,56830.0.html

Check them out, you should. ;)

Thanks!

But I find it ironic that you say that what people have done in the previous games has no relevance here, but I wonder what relevance your experience playing at dragonmount.com has here considering:

1. you never played this specific game

2. you never played a game modded by this specific mod, and

3. you never played with the other people here.

You opine that scum act in a certain way day 1 but I wonder, do every scum team consult a Mafia Scum Manual? Do they take Scum Classes and have to pass Scum Exams? Do they get a special Scum Badge of Honor for doing well?

You say people shouldn't get upset day 1, but since you have no idea who these people you're playing against are you don't know that this is how many normally react in these games. That's their personalities. People have certain styles and preferences.

That's the reality.

But if you think trying to sell these folks Mafia-Color-By-Numbers is beneficial, then go right ahead.

Bull****. You've seen a bomb, a solo win, and a "decoy" before. You may not have palyed, but you comment often enought that I know you've seen it before.

Lying does not become you.

"We are men of action, you and I . . ."

Who's this directed at, btw? If it's me . . . no BS. Have never come across it.

FWIW I recall him saying in the signup that he had followed our last game.

I've heard about - but haven't seen - a Crusher emo meltdown in that game. Which is out of character for him. I definitely don't remember that being in Fat & Happy, though

OK - I did not read the Thing. Could you link me to a post in Fat & Happy that shows Crush reacting to one or two votes with this much heat?

Nope.. like I said i only read parts of that and came onto it pretty late. If you meant direct you to a post in the Thing*.. I am sure you could find one or somebody else could, or there are several people here who could vouch.. but it isnt my job to prosecute for you, you can do your own research

*Yes, I know he was scum in Thing, but all I was stating was the sincerity of his posts and that I just think hes defensive because he enjoys playing.. nobody wants to be the d1 lynch

Wes - have you ever seen a bomb role take out anything but a killer? I haven't.

Yeah, there was an FDM game where the bomd was indiscriminate - I really don't remember which one. Nae might...

But a bomb role is usually nuetral. It doesn't care who you are are...savvy?

I've heard about - but haven't seen - a Crusher emo meltdown in that game. Which is out of character for him. I definitely don't remember that being in Fat & Happy, though

I know you're a busy guy, but even crusher admits he reacted extremely last game. He blew his lid last game, it's a legit observation. If you don't want to look for yourself you'll have to take peoples word for it.

So how many games should he have watched before commenting on a players style? The almighty doggin must know.

Hmmm . . . defensive and sarcastic without cause? Nice.

Generally, you need to see someone play more than one game to get a sense of their "style". In fact, that's definitional; if you've only seen them play one game, then you've only seen them play one alignment (scum, town, solo, etc.), which means you have no way to know whether they play subtly different when in a different alignment.

Here, Brett basically just said "Crusher's defensiveness isn't a scumtell, because he was just as defensive in the Thing game I read (where he was scum)". Again, unless you're telling me Crush did the same thing in Fat & Happy, then we have a newb player poorly defending another player - and a third player defending the newb.

unvote CTM.

vote Crusher. (Sorry Crush, you know I think you're teh awesome. But that reaction to Slats was waaay over the top, and if you're scum, there are other dominoes in line)

Thanks!

But I find it ironic that you say that what people have done in the previous games has no relevance here, but I wonder what relevance your experience playing at dragonmount.com has here considering:

1. you never played this specific game

2. you never played a game modded by this specific mod, and

3. you never played with the other people here.

You opine that scum act in a certain way day 1 but I wonder, do every scum team consult a Mafia Scum Manual? Do they take Scum Classes and have to pass Scum Exams? Do they get a special Scum Badge of Honor for doing well?

You say people shouldn't get upset day 1, but since you have no idea who these people you're playing against are you don't know that this is how many normally react in these games. That's their personalities. People have certain styles and preferences.

That's the reality.

But if you think trying to sell these folks Mafia-Color-By-Numbers is beneficial, then go right ahead.

Weakness. Are you serious?

I know you're a busy guy, but even crusher admits he reacted extremely last game. He blew his lid last game, it's a legit observation. If you don't want to look for yourself you'll have to take peoples word for it.

Crusher was under a lot of stress during that game because of in-game factors (feeling abandoned by his scum teammate) and real world factors (employee's child was dangerously premature), so that led to his extreme reaction.

BUT, it was partially an act which Crusher used to deflect the heat going his way because he knew that as 1 member of a 2 man team if he went down early the team was toast.

Actually, he did the opposite and was an innocent.

This. I've seen Crusher play a lot, and his typical reaction to pressure is jokey and relaxed.

Honestly, I'm hoping this out of character reaction is because he's scum and just lost it for a sec rather than some real life pressure leaking through, 'cause Crush is good people.

Generally, you need to see someone play more than one game to get a sense of their "style". In fact, that's definitional; if you've only seen them play one game, then you've only seen them play one alignment (scum, town, solo, etc.), which means you have no way to know whether they play subtly different when in a different alignment.

Here, Brett basically just said "Crusher's defensiveness isn't a scumtell, because he was just as defensive in the Thing game I read (where he was scum)". Again, unless you're telling me Crush did the same thing in Fat & Happy, then we have a newb player poorly defending another player - and a third player defending the newb.

unvote CTM.

vote Crusher. (Sorry Crush, you know I think you're teh awesome. But that reaction to Slats was waaay over the top, and if you're scum, there are other dominoes in line)

Really? I'm gonna feint if you're serious here...

unvote CTM.

Not for nothing, you and your buddy come off as high and mighty. The way you treat people is the reason you get the responses you get. Apologies for not see in eye to eye with you. The fact you're so dismissive is why you have the reputation you do, frankly I enjoy PAC and ctm more than you. But that's a personal opinion.

Crusher was under a lot of stress during that game because of in-game factors (feeling abandoned by his scum teammate) and real world factors (employee's child was dangerously premature), so that led to his extreme reaction.

BUT, it was partially an act which Crusher used to deflect the heat going his way because he knew that as 1 member of a 2 man team if he went down early the team was toast.

Oh I know bro, and I didn't vote him, it just caught my eye. I just got annoyed withdoggins typical " I'm smarter than you" routine, we've had sme good new blood. I'm not gonna knock down someone and make them feel dumb by being dismissive. Thats just not me.

Meh, as I went to find what I was talking about between slats and ctm I found I was probably grasping at straws. Just wishful thinking that I was on to something I suppose. It guess is was nothing more than something I remembered as I read throught the first 30 pages. This first day thing if for the birds...anyway all I could find was the a little gayness and a few polite exchange of words. See below if you care to bother...

Oh, I definitely agree that there's some info to be gathered by the whole situation. This seems like a pretty firm opinion from you early on Day 1. Five votes this early in any game is lightening quick. Any comments about that -including mine - are completely valid, IMHO.

I dont' agree.. he's making asspciations between people already. That doesn't do anyone any good besides scum...

Au contraire...

I think you do agree, as the only person that's raised my suspicion as a result of the whole exchange is Doggin.

Archived