Star Wars Mafia

Bleedin Green

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh I know bro, and I didn't vote him, it just caught my eye. I just got annoyed withdoggins typical " I'm smarter than you" routine, we've had sme good new blood. I'm not gonna knock down someone and make them feel dumb by being dismissive. Thats just not me.

255j4vk.jpg

Don't take this the wrong way but I cleary have you down for this guy in my minds eye.

420_400_rothfuss__patrick.jpg

Dude is a legit fantasy/sci-fi author.

Heh - he knows who he is. DPR comes to us by way of Dragonmount.com, a Wheel of Time fansite. We hosted Pat over there once in an ask the author session - he's a good guy.

The heart of the game is understanding a person's mentality, personality, and how they act when they lie. Say you're playing poker with someone one day and 3 months later you play them again. They may have changed things, the hands change every round, but taking into account what you know about the person is still important at the end of the day. Not saying that should be the basis of lynching someone. People display general scumtells or towntells and those are usually stronger factors in a decision being made. But still, I disagree that you can just wipe away the slate clean each game when you play with the same people over and over again.

This is more closely aligned with my beliefs. Not everyone has a pokerface and running down tells early at the very least gets conversations started.

Focusing on intent and cases can just as easily be used to push bs cases as metagaming and probing someones personality. Townies sometimes push bad ideas. Heck on mafiascum.net, having a bad idea is almost an insta-lynch depending on whose playing. We all but caught crusher 2 times last game cause we know the big turkey isn't comfortable lieing and gets anxious about letting his team down..

This is more closely aligned with my beliefs. Not everyone has a pokerface and running down tells early at the very least gets conversations started.

Focusing on intent and cases can just as easily be used to push bs cases as metagaming and probing someones personality. Townies sometimes push bad ideas. Heck on mafiascum.net, having a bad idea is almost an insta-lynch depending on whose playing. We all but caught crusher 2 times last game cause we know the big turkey isn't comfortable lieing and gets anxious about letting his team down..

...which is exactly what he's doing this game. You and doggin thinking alike...note to self....

This is a trap - not JVOR's post, but the thinking - once you chain yourself to metagaming, you can never get a clear picture of the evidence in front of you. Period.

And don't think for one second that I don't rate every player by their style - I totally do - but anytime you depend entirely on what your predispossed image of them is - and admit it, you already decided on who you think is mafia, even though you have no evidence yet, you put yourself at a disadvantage.

There is no one that will ever tell you that this statement is false: judge every player by the evidence of the game you are playing and you will lynch mafia at a higher ratio then by using any othe method. Does that make sense?

Can you explain that?

Getting used to the quote function. Meh

Ask me a direct question and I'll answer it...

Well, you said you "And don't think for one second that I don't rate every player by their style - I totally do " .. which is in essence what we were advocating doing.

At points it seemed like you thought it was being advocated to base entire game play off of "player a did this last time they were scum" or that player B is always innocent therefore he must be innocent this game too..

Couldn't really understand where you were drawing the line on profiling so to speak, and what you thought was being advocated here.

I like what I see... we're getting the smart guys to stoop down to our level. Only a matter of time before DPR responds to someones post with the dancing poop emoticon and nothing else.

Oh crap I gotta wake up in like 2 hours...

I'll tell you what DPR, end game and you're not dirty scum, I read your best book...

If your Vader himself I write a horrid review on your website without even reading a page...

FYI, that was a low brow joke that I hoping to get a low brow response to.

I try. I really do.

I like what I see... we're getting the smart guys to stoop down to our level. Only a matter of time before DPR responds to someones post with the dancing poop emoticon and nothing else.

Yep. Me too. And I've just been sitting here pondering wtf I'm doing up for like the last 2 hours.

pacTurd - homoKing of the ignorant

...which is exactly what he's doing this game. You and doggin thinking alike...note to self....

Check it out. Im going to do this one time becasue everyone is really getting on my nerves.

Did I over-react to Slats vote. Yes, I did. It's actually my fault. He was referring to the end of Day 1 on the thing game and I was thinking about the beginning of the game because that was very stressful for me, The beginning I did post like crazy and after AVM's lynch I slowed down alot. Unlike aloit of people playing now I do read entire threads and make my own decisions.

Hess to say this is exactly the same thing is dumb. Last game when I lost it I was with 2-4 votes of dying and DID freak out because I didnt want to let smc down.

But how the hell does that compare to this game? Slats vote on me was my very first. I just did not like the way it cam out at first because it sounded like he was making it up because in te beginning of day 1 last game I posted a ton.

Now a question for CTM> How dod I usually react when you come after me and Im town? You know, I get pissed.

To everyone that plays with me. Do you really think as scum Id go off after a first vote? Doggin said I usually act jokey. I do, matter of fact I did last game on my first and second votes on my first train.

So do what you will but the town should make sure they look at my train very carefully. The reason is people are doing things like Hess just did. Using the word "exactly" to describe two things that are nothing alike.

Last game I got lynched after I made a lousy case on Pac, turns out I was making a mafia play. Got caught lost it after gruely defending myself.

This game Slats threw a vote that seejed lazy and scummy because I thought he didnt read this thread because I was very busy the beginning of the last game. He was talking about end of day phase and I did slow down by then. I go off and the votes start coming on.

So to say this is the same as my Thing Game meltdown is misinformed or a play to lynch a Rebel.

Check it out. Im going to do this one time becasue everyone is really getting on my nerves.

Did I over-react to Slats vote. Yes, I did. It's actually my fault. He was referring to the end of Day 1 on the thing game and I was thinking about the beginning of the game because that was very stressful for me, The beginning I did post like crazy and after AVM's lynch I slowed down alot. Unlike aloit of people playing now I do read entire threads and make my own decisions.

Hess to say this is exactly the same thing is dumb. Last game when I lost it I was with 2-4 votes of dying and DID freak out because I didnt want to let smc down.

But how the hell does that compare to this game? Slats vote on me was my very first. I just did not like the way it cam out at first because it sounded like he was making it up because in te beginning of day 1 last game I posted a ton.

Now a question for CTM> How dod I usually react when you come after me and Im town? You know, I get pissed.

To everyone that plays with me. Do you really think as scum Id go off after a first vote? Doggin said I usually act jokey. I do, matter of fact I did last game on my first and second votes on my first train.

So do what you will but the town should make sure they look at my train very carefully. The reason is people are doing things like Hess just did. Using the word "exactly" to describe two things that are nothing alike.

Last game I got lynched after I made a lousy case on Pac, turns out I was making a mafia play. Got caught lost it after gruely defending myself.

This game Slats threw a vote that seejed lazy and scummy because I thought he didnt read this thread because I was very busy the beginning of the last game. He was talking about end of day phase and I did slow down by then. I go off and the votes start coming on.

So to say this is the same as my Thing Game meltdown is misinformed or a play to lynch a Rebel.

I know where you're coming from Crush. When you're innocent and someone makes a day one case against you that is based in nothing it can really piss you off.

Having reacted the same way you have to Pac's moronic ramblings in JiF's game I don't get the feeling that Crusher is scum at all.

I do however I get the feeling that there is someone out there trying to pull some strings.

There was a bit of a train going for CTM early. Slats voted for me for jumping on the train, no doubt trying to elicit a strong response from me to try and get a train going in my direction. While he didn't get the reaction from me that he was looking for, he did effectively kill the CTM train. So without me going ballistic over one vote (having learned my lesson) he sets his sites on another emotional player. He takes a gamble, and it pays off. Crusher's inital response is exactly what Slats was looking for. And he got someone to jump one right away in JVOR (whether JVOR was simply suckered in by this clever ruse or was prepared to jump on the Crush train because he was told to by Slats remains to be seen.)

This puts a big FOS in slats' direction for me.

But as far as day one voting is concerned it may be impossible to lynch as strong a player as slats on day one. Lynching JVOR, on the other hand, would potentially gain us some valuable info, especially if we get lucky and he is, indeed scum. He's also easier to lynch.

UNVOTE

Vote: JVOR

Heh - he knows who he is. DPR comes to us by way of Dragonmount.com, a Wheel of Time fansite. We hosted Pat over there once in an ask the author session - he's a good guy.

What a coincidence, Pac comes to us from www.prisonsex.com, and Hess from www.stickyourfingerinmybuttwhenifinish.org, I'm glad we were all able to convene like this.

Yep. Me too. And I've just been sitting here pondering wtf I'm doing up for like the last 2 hours.

I went to bed at 11.

I just read through all this crap, and somewhere in between the self-touting blather of the guys I haven't played with I was able to surmise that JVOR seems to be most full of **** so far.

Day one, never much to go on.

I'm the only person voting for you right now, if that makes you feel less frustrated. :)

I hope you're now reading where even Crusher understands what I was saying from the onset, and that it was neither sloppy nor inaccurate. The opposite might be true now, where the usually concise and level-headed (especially for a fake man ;) ) Dan X just takes one player's word for something and uses it to cast a vote against another.

Last game you were right that I was innocent to begin the game, and right to shot me after I was converted, but that has no bearing on this one. But a few people are going to be listening to you now as a slats expert, and that's the frustrating thing.

Meh, as I went to find what I was talking about between slats and ctm I found I was probably grasping at straws. Just wishful thinking that I was on to something I suppose. It guess is was nothing more than something I remembered as I read throught the first 30 pages. This first day thing if for the birds...anyway all I could find was the a little gayness and a few polite exchange of words. See below if you care to bother...

He misunderstood my post in response to Doggin. CTM thought I was agreeing with Doggin, when in fact I was saying that I found him to be a little suspicious. I corrected CTM, and that was it.

Like you saw, hardly a tiff.

I though you mistook me for Doggin, as he and CTM mixed it up a little bit early. That's why I responded.

We all but caught crusher 2 times last game cause we know the big turkey isn't comfortable lieing and gets anxious about letting his team down..

This is definitely my take right now. I know all about scum fatigue. It gets tiring to try to make up cases that you know are lies, to respond with lies. It's not natural for me, and I believe Crusher when he says it's not natural for him, either.

He slowed down a lot early last game, and if he got a scum role in this one, he could easily have been just slow out of the gate. His play last time didn't work for him.

This isn't true, either. You had slowed down a lot by the time AVM was gathering votes, and you were completely vanished for the 6+ hours (or so) it took him to go from L-1 to finally being lynched. Again, this was something I commented on in the game, and probably one of the reasons I was converted.

My vote on you in this game was definitely of the first day, let's throw something out there variety, but it's your timing and your reaction that has me sticking with it.

Why is no one commenting on the timing??? Please tell me if I'm full of crap here, I can take it!

Crusher last posts at 5:29 PM.

I cast my vote for him at 9:00 PM.

Crusher responds by essentially calling me a retarded idiot at 9:04 PM.

No one finds that curious? No one else thinks it's obvious that the guy was lurking?

Crush, if you had waited an hour or so, and countered anything I said in that vote post in your usual calm jokey manner, I'd've just about forgotten about you by now and I'd be looking for the next place to cast my vote. But I can't ignore that reaction.

You talk about not wanting to let the mod down last game in another post. Another possible explanation here could be that you're the third party in this one, and your demise would also let the mod down. Although BG would get two demerits if he made you Jabba the Hut. Too obvious. But I can't discount that as a possibility, either.

I know where you're coming from Crush. When you're innocent and someone makes a day one case against you that is based in nothing it can really piss you off.

Having reacted the same way you have to Pac's moronic ramblings in JiF's game I don't get the feeling that Crusher is scum at all.

I do however I get the feeling that there is someone out there trying to pull some strings.

There was a bit of a train going for CTM early. Slats voted for me for jumping on the train, no doubt trying to elicit a strong response from me to try and get a train going in my direction. While he didn't get the reaction from me that he was looking for, he did effectively kill the CTM train. So without me going ballistic over one vote (having learned my lesson) he sets his sites on another emotional player. He takes a gamble, and it pays off. Crusher's inital response is exactly what Slats was looking for. And he got someone to jump one right away in JVOR (whether JVOR was simply suckered in by this clever ruse or was prepared to jump on the Crush train because he was told to by Slats remains to be seen.)

This puts a big FOS in slats' direction for me.

But as far as day one voting is concerned it may be impossible to lynch as strong a player as slats on day one. Lynching JVOR, on the other hand, would potentially gain us some valuable info, especially if we get lucky and he is, indeed scum. He's also easier to lynch.

UNVOTE

I'll tell you straight up, Kleck, I am purposely laying off of you. You are a reactionary guy, and a cheap and easy day one lynch. But if you're town, I'm not interested in giving the scum their cheap lynch day one.

Whoever put the fifth vote on CTM was going to get my vote at that point in the game. That was just way too early for a train to get moving that fast here at JN Mafia. And here again, we have you casting the fourth vote to move another train along. It's interesting to say the least, Sport.

I will say in all honesty that the way JVoR worded his vote for Crush, I could understand why some folks might see that as opportunistic. Had he cited the reaction first, it would've been entirely plausible. He left some room for debate there. But if you think for a second that JVoR and I are somehow scummates casting two votes out of the blue back-to-back like that, you're out of your mind. That kind of logic worked when we had a noob scum member a couple games ago, but it's not the way two experienced players would play. I'm pretty confident the scum in this game are keeping a safe distance from each other. If JVoR turns out to be scum, he jumped on a townie's back here in an effort to get a lynch moving. Nothing more than that.

CTM asked what I think is the most suspicious quote so far. This is it:

This is also true, but also wifom'ing.

I'd say anyone with some kind of night action could easily target either one of them - except maybe the doc. :lol:

It was made earlier in the day and appears to be a casual, generally agreeable post.

But, it's odd that anyone would suggest that something was the truth and wifom at the same time. It's exactly the kind of idea I would sew into the game to cover myself later in case I got caught telling a whopper.

Selling ambiguity doesn't help the town.

Then he follows it up with an obvious statement - "I'd say anyone with some kind of night action could easily target either one..."

What's the point of saying this? Of course anyone with a night action could target them - there's no reason to reiterate it. Unless it's just chatter to throw in a cover: "except maybe the doc :lol "

Was that entire sentence just a way to make light of Doggin trying to steer the healer? Make fun of it and others won't take it as seriously, and take a little heat off of someone?

So I watched Slats a bit more closely after that and there is another quote that caught my eye. I'll be back with it.

This is definitely my take right now. I know all about scum fatigue. It gets tiring to try to make up cases that you know are lies, to respond with lies. It's not natural for me, and I believe Crusher when he says it's not natural for him, either.

He slowed down a lot early last game, and if he got a scum role in this one, he could easily have been just slow out of the gate. His play last time didn't work for him.

This isn't true, either. You had slowed down a lot by the time AVM was gathering votes, and you were completely vanished for the 6+ hours (or so) it took him to go from L-1 to finally being lynched. Again, this was something I commented on in the game, and probably one of the reasons I was converted.

My vote on you in this game was definitely of the first day, let's throw something out there variety, but it's your timing and your reaction that has me sticking with it.

Why is no one commenting on the timing??? Please tell me if I'm full of crap here, I can take it!

Crusher last posts at 5:29 PM.

I cast my vote for him at 9:00 PM.

Crusher responds by essentially calling me a retarded idiot at 9:04 PM.

No one finds that curious? No one else thinks it's obvious that the guy was lurking?

Crush, if you had waited an hour or so, and countered anything I said in that vote post in your usual calm jokey manner, I'd've just about forgotten about you by now and I'd be looking for the next place to cast my vote. But I can't ignore that reaction.

You talk about not wanting to let the mod down last game in another post. Another possible explanation here could be that you're the third party in this one, and your demise would also let the mod down. Although BG would get two demerits if he made you Jabba the Hut. Too obvious. But I can't discount that as a possibility, either.

Dude I always come to play after dinner. Nothing but odd timing but stick with it if you want to kill a townie day 1. I can't defend when I get on and off the computer because it's just something that works out the way it does. Dude I walked in the house kissed my wife and went to look at the game. Saw you idiotic retarded post that now seems more reasonable and reacted. Thats all it is. Keep pushing it and you will lynch me and hate the result. Go ahead.

Truth is your 100% right on the scum thing. If I was scum this game I would have not come out guns a blazing because I was burnt out last gaem especially after my little tif with Vic. I actually wasn;t going to play again after that. Truth their. Yet even as townie I started out quiet and got pissed when I read your post. Cant defend their.

No Im not Jabba, though i have to be honest I was expecting that as well.

Im also sure Im the only one that looks at the board and doesn;t post right away. Im the only one that lurks and checks things out without posting. That statement alone makes me think your trying too hard. Everyone does that.

Really? That's my favorite part :biggrin:

Archived