Star Wars Mafia

Bleedin Green

I'll tell you straight up, Kleck, I am purposely laying off of you. You are a reactionary guy, and a cheap and easy day one lynch. But if you're town, I'm not interested in giving the scum their cheap lynch day one.

Whoever put the fifth vote on CTM was going to get my vote at that point in the game. That was just way too early for a train to get moving that fast here at JN Mafia. And here again, we have you casting the fourth vote to move another train along. It's interesting to say the least, Sport.

I will say in all honesty that the way JVoR worded his vote for Crush, I could understand why some folks might see that as opportunistic. Had he cited the reaction first, it would've been entirely plausible. He left some room for debate there. But if you think for a second that JVoR and I are somehow scummates casting two votes out of the blue back-to-back like that, you're out of your mind. That kind of logic worked when we had a noob scum member a couple games ago, but it's not the way two experienced players would play. I'm pretty confident the scum in this game are keeping a safe distance from each other. If JVoR turns out to be scum, he jumped on a townie's back here in an effort to get a lynch moving. Nothing more than that.

Which is why I voted for him and not for you. I am suspicious of you but not ready to say you are scum yet. JVOR's actions are more suspicious because of how quickly he jumped on, almost like he was desperate to get the training rolling in Crusher's direction.

Sometimes I think a lot of experience can be a hinderance in these games because you guys have seen so much and tend to equate every action with what you've seen in other games while not thinking that there could be reasons why things might be different this time.

In the first game I played, Crusher was ordered to be funny in every post or he would have been mod-killed. Because of that, I was suspicious of him when he wasn't being as funny in the next game I played. It seems that sometimes you base your opinions of how you think someone should act based on their actions in games when they were scum or when they had a power role without thinking about how they acted in games when they were roleless innocents.

Meh, what the hell do I know. I'm just hoping to last to the second day phase this time.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CTM asked what I think is the most suspicious quote so far. This is it:

This is also true, but also wifom'ing.

I'd say anyone with some kind of night action could easily target either one of them - except maybe the doc. :lol:

Haha! You haven't played here before.

CTM and Doggin are very likely to be targeted by the cop, the vigilante, the serial killer, the watcher, the tracker, etc. - everybody but the doc. It's funny 'cause it's true.

The wifom comment was directed at Sharrow, who was suggesting that investigating Doggin was a waste of time because the scum would probably be killing him, anyway. Well, the scum won't kill him if he's scum, so I guess that investigation will come on night two? Or would Sharrow think the cop should wait another night, because surely Doggin would be the NK target then.

So I watched Slats a bit more closely after that and there is another quote that caught my eye. I'll be back with it.

But do go on!

You're going out of your way to show all your new friends just how smart you are, it'll be worth it to me to get lynched just so everyone can see the result of your brilliant sleuthing.

:lol:

I like setup talk early. Not only to get an idea of what everyone thinks the setup might be, but to maybe get an idea of what a couple people want me to believe the setup is.

Either way, I'm pretty much done with it for now. I was curious as to whether the Stars Wars concept lent itself to a third party entity, and the answer seems to be a resounding, "yes." What form that takes, if any, will become more clear as we get a couple night phases under our belts.

Oh, and unvote.

I made my point about the CTM train, and it seems to've since completely stalled.

This one is interesting. I had made the comment that I did not prefer setup speculation bcause it clogged up the thread. So, I was interested when the above explanation was given -

1. He explains that he's looking for people to try and "make him believe" things. That struck me as a kind of "a liar won't believe anyone else" sentiment.

2. It also shows where his mind is focused.

3. Then he lets it go - "I'm pretty much done with it for now" but also kind of implies that it's cool if we all let it go as well. Steering...

His unvote is well placed to gain trust, and then: "I made my point about the CTM train, and it seems to've since completely stalled."

This statement does two things - it puts Slats into a position of authority (he makes a point, and the natural action follows), and it confirms that the CTM vote has stalled, which is another obvious statement, but it also implies that there is no reason to go back to that train.

There have been plenty of references to Slats being a great player, so I would it be fair to say that he does a good amount of panning before he posts? If so, why the BGOTO?

I hold off voting until he has a chance to respond.

Haha! You haven't played here before.

CTM and Doggin are very likely to be targeted by the cop, the vigilante, the serial killer, the watcher, the tracker, etc. - everybody but the doc. It's funny 'cause it's true.

The wifom comment was directed at Sharrow, who was suggesting that investigating Doggin was a waste of time because the scum would probably be killing him, anyway. Well, the scum won't kill him if he's scum, so I guess that investigation will come on night two? Or would Sharrow think the cop should wait another night, because surely Doggin would be the NK target then.

But do go on!

You're going out of your way to show all your new friends just how smart you are, it'll be worth it to me to get lynched just so everyone can see the result of your brilliant sleuthing.

Theirs more irony in that statement than fat in my azz. Your on your way to doing the same thing. Funny.

I understand that, but back-to-back bandwagon votes aren't going to help you in that regard.

I'm still new at this and trying to learn so thatnks for the advice, I think.

On the other hand, what I've already learned is that no matter what I do, if someone wants me gone they will take anything I say and do and spin it into whatever they want it to mean to get me lynched.

But do go on!

You guys are cranky in the mornings...everyone is all dramatic and like "You'll be sorry when I'm gone!" - I'm just getting a little conversation going. That way we have everyone on record so that we can compare D1 statements to D3 and D4 when it really counts.

Also, I'm an active player, I love teh sarcasm, and am used to people picking fights with me. I'm also used to people telling me to shut the hell up, so feel free. I was just excited to play on a board where everyone calls each other dickhead and dooshbag. That's freakin' awesome.

I like setup talk. It gets people talking, and people talking is where information comes from. In this particular game, the mod did not give us a lot of clues as to the game's setup, and being that I'm far from an expert on the Star Wars Trilogy, I wanted to hear some input from people who were as to possibilities for third party win scenarios - of which we have a lot here.

I'm also decidedly ambiguous early in games. It almost always draws attention to me, but attention -again- draws other people out, and I learn about them. I've learned a lot about you, for instance.

The CTM train was disconcerting to me because it happened significantly faster than we're used to seeing here. And it stopped just as abruptly. I see no fault in pointing that out.

And my unvote of Klecko was referred to in a response to him - he's an easy lynch, and if he's town I don't want him lynched day one.

People referring to me as a strong player is flattering, but I'm generally not a player who steers the town - especially early. But you've obviously taken notice that I'm somehow a player to be respected, and you're coming after me... as a result?

Theirs more irony in that statement than fat in my azz. Your on your way to doing the same thing. Funny.

My original "case" was just a way to throw a vote out there based more on feeling than anything else. No dramatic show of genius on my part.

It's your reaction to it that has me squatting.

I hope you're now reading where even Crusher understands what I was saying from the onset, and that it was neither sloppy nor inaccurate. The opposite might be true now, where the usually concise and level-headed (especially for a fake man ;) ) Dan X just takes one player's word for something and uses it to cast a vote against another.

Last game you were right that I was innocent to begin the game, and right to shot me after I was converted, but that has no bearing on this one. But a few people are going to be listening to you now as a slats expert, and that's the frustrating thing.

I don't see how it's taking someone else's word for something, when I'm the one who went back to The Thing game and checked for myself. Your initial wording certainly implied you were drawing a comparison between the amount of time elapsed in this game (almost one real-life day) and the previous game at this point in time. Reading what you've posted since I went to bed last night, I am more inclined to buy your explanation.

With that said, I'm a little concerned by your paranoia that everyone's supposedly listening to my lead. You've got one vote. Like you said, most Day 1 cases aren't anything spectacular, and I'm not at all saying mine has been. Seems like everyone else is focused on JVoR at the moment. And like I said, he's certainly interesting to me right now, but with a bunch of votes on him, I'd like to see more of his reaction before voting.

Ok, I didn't see all of the DPR/Slats stuff before posting. But DPR's case looks to have nothing to do with my "expertise" on Slats, so the point stands that I think it's early for Slats to be worrying about everyone following my lead.

With that said, I'm a little concerned by your paranoia that everyone's supposedly listening to my lead. You've got one vote.

After your post, there were a couple people quoting or parroting your "findings." Vic and DPR, at least. So while I only have one vote, you planted a couple seeds.

To coincide with the JVoR train, making it triply concerning.

To be fair, slats took credit for stopping the CTM train. He tried to get a train rolling on me and then, when that failed, he made his case against Crusher which JVOR jumped on like a crackhead on the last rock on Earth. JVOR's overly enthusiastic jumping on the Crusher train is what got the train started on him.

To be fair, slats took credit for stopping the CTM train. He tried to get a train rolling on me and then, when that failed, he made his case against Crusher which JVOR jumped on like a crackhead on the last rock on Earth.

Haha, nice one!

Last game you were all "la, la, la I'm so happy to be town and not scum again" and this game you are uber-I want to fight with the supposedly smart new guys.

This is like an "interwebz intellectual facade" pissing contest.

Problem is, I am just following along and I see you in rare form from what I've experienced in the past 2 games. Too much bending and twisting of meaning, you are making too many statements that required over-explanation of what you "really" meant.

Unvote JVOR

Vote Slats

I'm not sure what to make of these Jedi mind tricks... but first impression is that they are scummy.

I don't see how it's taking someone else's word for something, when I'm the one who went back to The Thing game and checked for myself. Your initial wording certainly implied you were drawing a comparison between the amount of time elapsed in this game (almost one real-life day) and the previous game at this point in time. Reading what you've posted since I went to bed last night, I am more inclined to buy your explanation.

With that said, I'm a little concerned by your paranoia that everyone's supposedly listening to my lead. You've got one vote. Like you said, most Day 1 cases aren't anything spectacular, and I'm not at all saying mine has been. Seems like everyone else is focused on JVoR at the moment. And like I said, he's certainly interesting to me right now, but with a bunch of votes on him, I'd like to see more of his reaction before voting.

I gave what I had to give in my defense. If anyone else particular questions, that's fine with me.

Right now i'm trying to figure out what Klecko's motives are. If anything, he's doing what he's accusing me of but much worse. i.e bandwagoning hardcore to get someone lynched. He's been in the position to give a train momentum more than I have between CTM and me. Voting 5th on CTM and voting 4th on mine.

But who knows, he absolutely fabricated a case on Pac in the fat and happy game, got himself lynched in the hopes we would lynch pac, and was wrong on every count as town that game.

Ok, I didn't see all of the DPR/Slats stuff before posting. But DPR's case looks to have nothing to do with my "expertise" on Slats, so the point stands that I think it's early for Slats to be worrying about everyone following my lead.

This is what I was referring to:

Because my Slats is not sloppy, and that's why I love him. I know he's explained himself since then, but I just don't feel good about Slats basing an initial case off of an inaccuracy like this.

Slats is not sloppy - okay, great - then why did he leave his ass wide open with a comment like that? Because he suddenly became sloppy or because he's scum? Or because he was wasting his time metagaming...you see?

-slats is usually concise and accurate. He's not the type of player I feel I need to ask him "What did you mean there?" so it's odd for him to do it this time around. He is human though, I think.

You're a slats expert now. Be careful with your power.

After your post, there were a couple people quoting or parroting your "findings." Vic and DPR, at least. So while I only have one vote, you planted a couple seeds.

Mafia = people being suspicious of each other and talking about it. We all sometimes agree with things other people have noticed. Very few guys are going to slide by Day 1 without being questioned about anything, and with one vote on you I really think you're looking okay for now ... not sure what you're so worried about. ;)

To be fair, slats took credit for stopping the CTM train. He tried to get a train rolling on me and then, when that failed, he made his case against Crusher which JVOR jumped on like a crackhead on the last rock on Earth. JVOR's overly enthusiastic jumping on the Crusher train is what got the train started on him.

lol you're really something else. If i'm a crackhead, what does that make you? You're voting pattern has been a million times worse than mine has. Does that make you the Crackhead's little bitch?

This is what I was referring to:

You're a slats expert now. Be careful with your power.

I can see your point on Vicious - but he tends to draw attention to himself for agreeing with everyone and bandwagoning.

DPR wasn't agreeing with me in his quote. He was using his eminent wisdom to show me the errors in my reasoning.

I gave what I had to give in my defense. If anyone else particular questions, that's fine with me.

Right now i'm trying to figure out what Klecko's motives are. If anything, he's doing what he's accusing me of but much worse. i.e bandwagoning hardcore to get someone lynched. He's been in the position to give a train momentum more than I have between CTM and me. Voting 5th on CTM and voting 4th on mine.

But who knows, he absolutely fabricated a case on Pac in the fat and happy game, got himself lynched in the hopes we would lynch pac, and was wrong on every count as town that game.

Seeing as I got lynched on day one in that game based on Pac absolutely moronic case you can understand why I would want to try and get someone else lynched for a ****ing change.

I will admit my case on you is not very strong. But it's only day one and your overzealous jumping onto Crusher is by far the most suspicious thing that has happened so far. The reason I didn't vote earlier for you is that I wasn't online pretty much all of last night.

I would have been no worse than the third vote on you had I been online as I read 12 pages first thing this morning before my first post and the most compelling thing I saw in those 12 pages was you jumping all over Crusher.

What number vote I am is literally meaningless. Trying to make a case against me for what number vote I was is way weaker than any case that has been made against you. :rolleyes:

When did I say I think you're scum? If anything I said I respect you as a player and think you're good and it's rare to see you post something NOT concise and clear. The hot topics at the time were you, JVoR and Crusher and I commented on all 3. Part of this game is sharing thoughts on the hot topics at hand no?

It's day 1, right now we got nothing, and you know as well as I do we'll have 324890328423 cases drawn up, BG will announce a deadline and we'll lynch whoever is the hot topic at the time. I even previously pointed out that once you 3 were the most popular doggin seemed to disappear at around the same time.

Crusher- I believe your reaction was genuine. I can understand the fatigue, it happens to everyone either townie or scum. I was basically accused of it last game being "uninterested". Anyways, I don't think your scum, for now at least.

Last game you were all "la, la, la I'm so happy to be town and not scum again" and this game you are uber-I want to fight with the supposedly smart new guys.

This is like an "interwebz intellectual facade" pissing contest.

Problem is, I am just following along and I see you in rare form from what I've experienced in the past 2 games. Too much bending and twisting of meaning, you are making too many statements that required over-explanation of what you "really" meant.

Unvote JVOR

Vote Slats

I'm not sure what to make of these Jedi mind tricks... but first impression is that they are scummy.

I made a statement in which I referred to Crusher's post count thru the first day phase in last game which Crusher and Dan took to meant the first few hours of the game. My statement was pretty clear, their interpretation was wrong. But I've had to defend that statement now on multiple fronts despite the fact that it was accurate from the get-go.

So that's all you're seeing here, is me trying to get as clear and precise as humanly possible (tough for an ape/ewok to understand, perhaps) to clear up my initial comment.

Ugh.

And yeah, this is a new game. I don't start every game all happy and cheery over getting a townie PM, it's just that the last game was the first one in forever that I had that luxury, and I was very pleased - only to have that taken all away from me with a conversion. So yeah, I'm a little more subdued as a townie this time around, but I'm town.

If you can find any examples of where I've twisted the meanings of any post I've made, feel free. I prefer that to you just saying that I've done that without examples. Thanks.

lol you're really something else. If i'm a crackhead, what does that make you? You're voting pattern has been a million times worse than mine has. Does that make you the Crackhead's little bitch?

Voting pattern? :rl: The timing of my votes is based solely on when I happened to be online. Reading anything more into it than that is pure desperation to make a day one case when you have nothing to go on.

Now, the fact that you're getting more defensive with each post and desperately trying to point the finger at me is hilarious when you think of why you voted for Crusher so fast.

There is a lot of QUOTE FUNCTION FAIL going on here

So you're saying that it's slats' moves that is quadruply concerning.

When did I say I think you're scum? If anything I said I respect you as a player and think you're good and it's rare to see you post something NOT concise and clear. The hot topics at the time were you, JVoR and Crusher and I commented on all 3. Part of this game is sharing thoughts on the hot topics at hand no?

Absolutely. I was just pointing out to Dan that what she said about me, you soon followed.

The fact is that my statement was pretty clear, just misinterpreted.

This slats / dpr thing is interesting given the discussion that happenned last night about playing the man, not the cards, so to speak..

fwiw, I knew what slats meant when he said what he said. I also know him and other players like BG, are always very careful in thier posts whether town or scum as they know people are inclined to jump on anything they can...

Archived