Star Wars Mafia

Bleedin Green

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys I am out to the gym (been skipping it way too much this week for this!)

Thanks for including me in the game I had a great time!

And good game everybody. Looking forward to Avatar in a week or so!

Be back later

Perfect irony that with Yoda's guidance together with Luke and Han killed the Emperor.

GREAT GAME brett!!!!

:cheers:

Brett for MVP... this game was like a root canal but definitely fun to plpay and a great set up by BG.

As far as my play the reason I was hinting at a role so much towards the end was because I figured I was a dead man anyway.

Initially I was against the reveal because as watcher I'd be the first one killed (because I'd be unprotected)... as soon as I put a couple posts out their voicing my displeasure I figured I was dead no matter what I said.. I decided to lay it on thick and just let them shoot me so the Doc and Cop were left alone.

Brett for MVP... this game was like a root canal but definitely fun to plpay and a great set up by BG.

As far as my play the reason I was hinting at a role so much towards the end was because I figured I was a dead man anyway.

Initially I was against the reveal because as watcher I'd be the first one killed (because I'd be unprotected)... as soon as I put a couple posts out their voicing my displeasure I figured I was dead no matter what I said.. I decided to lay it on thick and just let them shoot me so the Doc and Cop were left alone.

Ahem.

Who sucks at this game? Pac sucks at this game. :yes:

;)

Ahem.

Who sucks at this game? Pac sucks at this game. :yes:

;)

errrr... I guess I'll let that slide for now... until next game that is. Even though I stand by each and every reason I suspected you as scum. You initially set yourself up as a patsy.. ;)

Awesome set up, Bleedin'. You did a great job.

Vic was great as scum. He played it with enough clueless innocence to hide his deviousness.

And, of course, the mass reveal plan was and still is a terrible idea. The Rebellion won easily without it. The town won with the doc & cop still alive. There would have been no way for that to happen under the mass-reveal plan.

Absolutely!!!

You making it to the end saved the town.

And sorry btw LOL, seriously BG? Wedge over Jabba?

Hey, Wedge was in all 3 movies AND assisted in the destruction of BOTH Death Stars. Besides, I needed more Rebellion characters. Jabba was a fat piece of crap who had about 30 minutes of screen-time (if that) in one movie before getting killed by freakin' Leia.

I wasn't having more than one third-party player, and there was NO WAY it was going to be Jabba over Boba Fett.

Vic was great as scum. He played it with enough clueless innocence to hide his deviousness.

And, of course, the mass reveal plan was and still is a terrible idea. The Rebellion won easily without it. The town won with the doc & cop still alive. There would have been no way for that to happen under the mass-reveal plan.

yeah even though we were on the same team that F'er CTMoron found a way to get me killed.

Yeah, I had no problem revealing that I had a role early, either, because I thought my role was completely useless. :lol:

I know I was a pain in DPR's ass, but they had to hope they had something more than a lame martyr when they took me out.

you are clueless..

I typed this up. Let me know what you guys think and correct as necessary

I also only have one last nugget that I was thinking about while I was at the gym.

Maybe avm isn't fully lying. If we are to believe bg's balance obsession I think we need to look at another possibility.

What if avm was converted to the dark side by vader? What if it was a scum team of 3 with 1 conversion? We are all assuming there is a godfather but what if it's avm who once was a Jedi would flip town but was turned to the dark side. We have two bulletproofs, a doublevoter, two investigative roles and a person who requires an extra vote. Seems like alot. I think if you factor in the movies you have to consider vader always wanted to turn Luke. Luke wanted to turn vader, not find him to be protected by him. It's very plausible that avm has had this in his back pocket ever since Dan died. He never once went after vader. Is that really a town move?

You have to examine his play.

- he never attacked Dan. Prior to Brett.

- he has remained VERY low key. I have been out here with all of you trying to hunt scum while trying to see who I think is town.

- he was even somewhat flirtatious with Dan.

Dan was the perfect distancing vote for him. If I'm scum I keep this theory in my back pocket and he spurng it on us without even asking the town.

I dunno. I suck at this game and I'm proving it again.

Except for this. We couldn't believe ALL of the townies missed that.

I'll wait until BG does his final write up but I scum could've won this game EASILY.

At work so it'll be a while before I can do any sort of full write-up. Will mostly be jumping in with just random thoughts, so you guys can feel free to get into whatever discussion you like.

Hey, Wedge was in all 3 movies AND assisted in the destruction of BOTH Death Stars. Besides, I needed more Rebellion characters. Jabba was a fat piece of crap who had about 30 minutes of screen-time (if that) in one movie before getting killed by freakin' Leia.

I wasn't having more than one third-party player, and there was NO WAY it was going to be Jabba over Boba Fett.

Honestly you couldn't have set it up better. I'm just kidding cause I thought for sure last night Jabba and the Emp were still alive.

You made the right choice, Bleedin.

The only way it could have worked was with a larger game and a 3rd party team of Jabba, Boba, and other bounty hunters.

It should have been quite obvious there was no Jabba in this game when Doggin/Boba showed up as the SK. That meant there was no 3rd party team, just 1 3rd party.

Why didn't you guys kill brett last night?

Was trying to throw everyone for a loop. I was ****ed...figured I'd take a shot and I couldnt afford to miss.

And i was, I really thought you guys would try and shoot the doc at that point so i tipped my hand a bit too much .. You had to have narrowed down the potential doc to hess and avm, i thought it was hess and hoped you would shoot him which is why i said something about hess being the doc :D

I wanted to take a chance on the 2 for 1. We were F'd at that point. That decision put us back in the game.

You ****ers had me set up good. And I fell right into your trap with the SMC lynch.

Sorry bro. I owe you a beer tonight...

yeah even though we were on the same team that F'er CTMoron found a way to get me killed.

you shouldn't have objected as loudly.. SoMentallyChallanged and monkey brain we're objecting loudly enough

not to mention that as i feared, by that time scum had narrowed doc/cop down to one of you, avm, brett and hess.. So they had a 25% chance of killing the cop. You we're dieing either way and it could've easily been the cop.. just dumb luck..

Yeah, I had no problem revealing that I had a role early, either, because I thought my role was completely useless. :lol:

I know I was a pain in DPR's ass, but they had to hope they had something more than a lame martyr when they took me out.

The back and forth btw you two was one of my favorite parts!

I hope DPR decides to play a couple more here.. I've still got some material I can use on him.

Oh and did you see the video I posted representing your game (about 20 pages back)? I laughed for 15 minutes when watching it.

At work so it'll be a while before I can do any sort of full write-up. Will mostly be jumping in with just random thoughts, so you guys can feel free to get into whatever discussion you like.

The night crusher went nuts.

All we needed was one more vote. One more. I had already said I believed crusher was innocent so I couldn't do it myself without basically giving myself up as scum. But had we gotten that one last vote, which we had the people, it just wasn't cast.

4 kill swing.

Crusher dies.

Sharrow/CTM Dies

NK

It would've been a MASSACRE. Oh well. Things happen, we should've played better.

Well Admiral Akbar didn't do a good enough job warning me that I was falling into a trap. ;)

I will say yesterday and today you sucked a lot less than you normally do.

You'll understand if that's as far as I'm willing to take the compliments at this juncture.

You made the right choice, Bleedin.

The only way it could have worked was with a larger game and a 3rd party team of Jabba, Boba, and other bounty hunters.

It should have been quite obvious there was no Jabba in this game when Doggin/Boba showed up as the SK. That meant there was no 3rd party team, just 1 3rd party.

That was my downfall the entire game. I thought for sure there was a Jabba.

Oh, and there was a method to the madness behind all roles. Some of the more confusing ones I'll explain off the top of my head.

Stormtrooper as Godfather - Aside from the hilarity of it, I thought it made perfect sense. Yoda was sensing the evil / dark side in the scum players. The Stormtrooper on the other hand, was just some dumbass in white armor with bad aim doing his job. He had no personal interest in taking over the galaxy, just collecting a paycheck. :-P

P.S. I was so pissed that JiF submitted every NK action himself. I had plans for how the night scene would be different dependent on who submitted it. Since he submitted them, all NKs were by force lightning. My favorite was going to be if Vic did it, because the scene would've read that there was evidence of an endless number of missed blaster shots before one finally hit the intended target and killed them.

Oh, and as far as Han being the doc: he's a smuggler and thus used his smuggling compartments to hide and thus protect one player each night. :-D While some of them were obvious, I didn't want to make the link between characters and roles that obvious for everyone.

Archived