Star Wars Mafia

Bleedin Green

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really buying the reaction/explanation. I could be wrong - but right now, my top suspects are him and CTM, and either lynch would offer a decent amount of info. If I see a better candidate, I'll move it - as usual.

Why do you ask when the answer is obvious?

I'll play.. can you elaborate what information you will gather? I really don't like this based on such early activity, you're setting up subsequent lynches and tagging people as innocent based on very early day 1 trains that made it only half way to completion.

Makes it very easy for scum to guide the town down the wrong path at that point..

I'll play.. can you elaborate what information you will gather? I really don't like this based on such early activity, you're setting up subsequent lynches and tagging people as innocent based on very early day 1 trains that made it only half way to completion.

Makes it very easy for scum to guide the town down the wrong path at that point..

master-of-puppets.jpg

Well, I'd have to reread, but both you and Crush seemed to pick up defenders. If either of you flips guilty, that would make me take a hard look at those players.

An innocent on you guys wouldn't tell me much, yet.

Well, I'd have to reread, but both you and Crush seemed to pick up defenders. If either of you flips guilty, that would make me take a hard look at those players.

you know as well as i do that if either of us are guilty we likely picked up more innocent defenders then guilty ones..

I've been on the other side of this, and even if the town has 1 out of the 3 named defenders right, it's very easy to get the town to lynch the innocent defender first, which generates sufficient negative feedback to get the town to move on to the next shiney object.

if anything it's the passive defense that's more tell tale, but harder to sell until later when a clearer pattern can emerge..

This early in the game, I don't think the scum are going to be as obvious in their defense of one-another as you insinuate.

I haven't cleared either CTM or Crusher of my FOS, but this reasoning you give is elementary when you consider the "experience" you have playing this game.

you know as well as i do that if either of us are guilty we likely picked up more innocent defenders then guilty ones..

I've been on the other side of this, and even if the town has 1 out of the 3 named defenders right, it's very easy to get the town to lynch the innocent defender first, which generates sufficient negative feedback to get the town to move on to the next shiney object.

if anything it's the passive defense that's more tell tale, but harder to sell until later when a clearer pattern can emerge..

Honestly though, you've been scum enough. Do you think as scum you jump in to defend your own each time? I think that's too easy and straightforward, especially for a game this large my guess is your damning more townies than scum by following this method.

Of course, I'm probably wrong.

This early in the game, I don't think the scum are going to be as obvious in their defense of one-another as you insinuate.

I haven't cleared either CTM or Crusher of my FOS, but this reasoning you give is elementary when you consider the "experience" you have playing this game.

Ninja'd

Honestly though, you've been scum enough. Do you think as scum you jump in to defend your own each time? I think that's too easy and straightforward, especially for a game this large my guess is your damning more townies than scum by following this method.

Of course, you are probably right.

Which is why i'm not a buying what doggin's selling. These tactics work great with begginners, not so much with experianced players. Just like in cards. A new poker player is ridiculously easy to read, but even a little bit of experiance makes it exponetially tougher..

If' I'm scum explicitely defending a scum mate on day 1, it's either cause that 1 player is way over powered, or I'm doing it and hoping to create a wifom. most times i'd ignore it, jump on quickly to makes the townies nervous or start another case to distract..

Vote Count

Crusher (3) - slats, JVoR, Doggin

JVoR (3) - JiF, Crusher, Klecko

Doggin (2) - AVM, Sharrow

AVM (1) - Pac

Dan X (1) - CTM

With 17 players remaining, it takes 9 votes to feed the Sarlacc.

MOD NOTE: You all seem to be going in the wrong direction. Yesterday = 15 voters, now = 10 voters. Just saying. :P

The more I think about this post, the scummier it feels.

Your play earlier in the game and now this blatant nudge to get us to lynch Crusher or CTM, with the caveat that "you" would garner something of value from their lynch no matter whether they flip guilty or innocent is flat out posturing for something you'll likely try to sell us later in teh game.

I'm simply not as dumb as Pac looks...

Vote: Doggin

Of course, you are probably right.

Which is why i'm not a buying what doggin's selling. These tactics work great with begginners, not so much with experianced players. Just like in cards. A new poker player is ridiculously easy to read, but even a little bit of experiance makes it exponetially tougher..

If' I'm scum explicitely defending a scum mate on day 1, it's either cause that 1 player is way over powered, or I'm doing it and hoping to create a wifom. most times i'd ignore it, jump on quickly to makes the townies nervous or start another case to distract..

But- doggin put it together. It has to be right.

I completely agree with you. I think pushing you and crusher as legit lynch targets because we'd "get information from it" is BS. We'd get just as much information lynching any random target who's had some day 1 interaction. Toss in calling out the doc to protect I28 off the bat, and it sounds like we've got classic town manipulation.

If anything I'd say if you and I were scummates, I'd be burying you in order to distance myself from you. Why? Because you always got a big FAT target on your back. If you're scum, and you got people defending you then well, your teammates aren't very good. JMO. Going after you is an easy out IMO. You scare people, people will vote you based on name.

I completely agree with you. I think pushing you and crusher as legit lynch targets because we'd "get information from it" is BS. We'd get just as much information lynching any random target who's had some day 1 interaction. Toss in calling out the doc to protect I28 off the bat, and it sounds like we've got classic town manipulation.

If anything I'd say if you and I were scummates, I'd be burying you in order to distance myself from you. Why? Because you always got a big FAT target on your back. If you're scum, and you got people defending you then well, your teammates aren't very good. JMO. Going after you is an easy out IMO. You scare people, people will vote you based on name.

You had me until the last paragraph, I feel like you are over-rationalizing and that last sentence is just ghey. :P

You had me until the last paragraph, I feel like you are over-rationalizing and that last sentence is just ghey. :P

Lol.. i think what he's doing is pre-defending himself just in care i r scum, as doggin seems very interested in making connections like that..

I'd do the same fwiw with slats. I have no problem with his play up till now, in a way i did defend him, but his alignment speaks nothing to mine. I could just be wrong!

Hey, it was only that one time and STM was drunk.

Doggin seems scummy day 1 regardless of his alignment. that said I will have to re-read when I have time tonight. But, he has pinged me all game. Ever since that really early Doc protect I28 post. I know he defended by saying it was too high a number of players for scum to figure out who was the Dr, but still little too pushy and obviously a bad idea.

Lol.. i think what he's doing is pre-defending himself just in care i r scum, as doggin seems very interested in making connections like that..

I'd do the same fwiw with slats. I have no problem with his play up till now, in a way i did defend him, but his alignment speaks nothing to mine. I could just be wrong!

I know. I am busting chops.

Hey, it was only that one time and STM was drunk.

Doggin seems scummy day 1 regardless of his alignment. that said I will have to re-read when I have time tonight. But, he has pinged me all game. Ever since that really early Doc protect I28 post. I know he defended by saying it was too high a number of players for scum to figure out who was the Dr, but still little too pushy and obviously a bad idea.

That's why I said him and CTM to me are in the same class. I don't think anyone can deny that with them it's like ZOMG TEH DOGGIN!!! CTM MUST DIE!!! GET YER PITCHFORKS!!!!

So far this game though, doggin has struck me more scummy with his most recent post about trying to tie people together. This is a pretty big game in terms of numbers. To say you can try and determine scum based on defending people is a stretch. You were scum last game, would you defend a scummate out of the gates?

That's why I said him and CTM to me are in the same class. I don't think anyone can deny that with them it's like ZOMG TEH DOGGIN!!! CTM MUST DIE!!! GET YER PITCHFORKS!!!!

So far this game though, doggin has struck me more scummy with his most recent post about trying to tie people together. This is a pretty big game in terms of numbers. To say you can try and determine scum based on defending people is a stretch. You were scum last game, would you defend a scummate out of the gates?

Additionally, when added to his defense of his "the doc should protect I28" statement, something seems off. Use the large game excuse that scum can't as easiliy find the doc, but in a game it'd be easier for scum to seperate from one another they'd stick together in the beginning?

Additionally, when added to his defense of his "the doc should protect I28" statement, something seems off. Use the large game excuse that scum can't as easiliy find the doc, but in a game it'd be easier for scum to seperate from one another they'd stick together in the beginning?

It doesn't jive, that's for sure. So far for me these are the most interesting posts from one player on D1.

Alright, I'm going to re-vote Doggin based on the following:

1. My suspicion of and vote on him from before.

2. He's ignoring my question to him.

3. No matter what his alignment is, we will gain a lot of information from his death in relation to CTM and Slats. Especially if he's mafia.

Losing valuable players early in the game is not a good startegy, but then, good players know that and the whole "steering the healer" thing just won't settle. It was a bad comment.

Yes, of course - but even a 1 in three chance of lynching scum is better than standard odds (1/4), plus it gives the finder a basis for targeting . . .

you know all this.

Most scum try to subtly deflect trains on their own, especially day 1. They won't start screaming "this player is innocent, how can you vote him!" - but they will suddenly post cases on new candidates, or imply that the train is moving too quickly, etc. - anything to make people move away without tying themselves to the teammate if they end up going down (DPR, your play in fiddlesmouth day 1 was a classic example of this)

Most scum try to subtly deflect trains on their own, especially day 1. They won't start screaming "this player is innocent, how can you vote him!" - but they will suddenly post cases on new candidates, or imply that the train is moving too quickly, etc. - anything to make people move away without tying themselves to the teammate if they end up going down (DPR, your play in fiddlesmouth day 1 was a classic example of this)

So what you're saying in essence is your not looking for people defending crusher/CTM, but instead people who deflected from them?

Cause to me that says you're looking at their defenders.

ORLY?

Tell me something - if you lynch me and I flip guilty on coroner (which I won't, I'm a townie so my death scene would show that, unless BG made me a death miller without telling me) . . . what else do you know? Who's been defending me? Who seems to be distancing? Where do you go from there?

Answer - it leaves you with nothing, because I haven't really had a team-like interaction with anyone (even of the "trying to avoid looking like teammates" variety).

Hell, run that analysis on all the players in this game. If they flip guilty, what's the next move. If you think lynching anyone random gives you the same relative level of info, then you should be able to prove it right now, by pointing out what that info would be for each player.

Aside from wifoming, you do a lovely job of metapainting the target on me. heh

Anybody headed for a lynch is going to object. A first time player will get emotional and say things like "I swear I'm not mafia! Really!" and an experienced player will think of a trick to divert attention away from them - much like the casual post above, where you pull the old "Hey, look at DPR - he's done that before! Classic. ;)

Why don't answer my question? It's buggin' me that you are avoiding it - it's not like its a trap or something...

ORLY?

Tell me something - if you lynch me and I flip guilty on coroner (which I won't, I'm a townie so my death scene would show that, unless BG made me a death miller without telling me) . . . what else do you know? Who's been defending me? Who seems to be distancing? Where do you go from there?

Answer - it leaves you with nothing, because I haven't really had a team-like interaction with anyone (even of the "trying to avoid looking like teammates" variety).

Hell, run that analysis on all the players in this game. If they flip guilty, what's the next move. If you think lynching anyone random gives you the same relative level of info, then you should be able to prove it right now, by pointing out what that info would be for each player.

Uh oh - this is really bad - first and foremost, setting up the old "unless he made me a death miller" BS is ridiculous - you know that.

Second of all, denying that you've had any damning interaction with other teammates is equally ridiculous. Of course you have - everybody has...

I do kinda feel bad about voting for you on D1 becuase you turned me onto the game - but I'm feeling better and better about you being scum. :D

Archived